Reviews for The Hot Seat
NKubie chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
the smirk that launched a thousand bitch-slaps - LOL What a great line!

"...countries aren't governed in theory, they're governed in practice, and in practice, I can tell you that a liberal Republican president will likely receive as much push-back from conservative members of Congress as a moderate Democrat. That's what nobody talks about during campaign season and why so many people are disappointed when the candidate they elect doesn't immediately right all of the wrongs in this country: because, at the end of the day, no matter who the guy in the Oval is, he's a politician working with a bunch of other politicians. Backs get scratched, deals get made, sometimes you come out on top and sometimes you don't. Unfortunately, the one thing that doesn't happen all that much is people listening to each other." - Can I marry this speech? Seriously.

I wasn't sure that I was ready to start another WIP, nor was I crazy about the idea of a political fic, but the pull here is undeniable and the banter is smart, quick, witty. Like reading a West Wing script and I loved West Wing! And while I was ready to really, really dislike Edward, now knowing his political leanings, I kinda like him...a lot! Sorry, hope my donkey wasn't too obvious. ;)
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This was fun. I agree with Bella, however. Edward's a jerk. The comment about her legs was utterly uncalled for. And his assessment of women as emotionally unstable paints him as the misogynist.
2old4fanfic chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
The politics of this country are an unending source of entertainment. I bet he finds a Mounty and hunts her down
marigold123 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Loved the way you wrote Bella and her reaction to the Right Wing campaign manager. "Meaning, I think you should clarify that you want it small enough to fit in my bedroom and my gynecologist's office." I cracked up over this...I loved her come backs. Oh and to find Edward is really a lefty but is backing his family. Sigh... Loved Bella's ire and Edwards smirkiness! This begs for more!
cloudiekp chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
If debates were always this exciting, I might watch more often ;)
Chicsarah chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Very cute. Edward was certainly getting my back up for a little while, but devastating charm works every time!
Guzel kiz chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Wonderful, as always! This BEGS to be expanded. Please! :)
madgerama chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Wow. Loved this. I'd love to read more if these two.
CoppertopJ chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Oh shit, I know you are going to continue this little diddy!
coxie chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Love it!
2402a chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Love it! Can't wait to read more
Cullenosopy chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
That was fun.

Thanks!
darcy13 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Spectacular. Love the UST. Love the banter. Enjoying the political give and take.

Can't wait for more!
cemcclelland chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Very nice! Quite Sorkin-esque with the banter and the pacing. Thanks for sharing!
Iklepixie chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
They both have the power of speech I just wonder who has the voters power and if the date comes off
245 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »