Reviews for Back to Basics
Ixde chapter 1 . 1h
Damn, such a good opening act and then you stopped...what a pity. Regardless, awesome first chapter and best wishes if you ever feel like piking it up again!
1sunfun chapter 1 . 5/21
Nice.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 2/5
This is really fun!
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 1 . 1/15
This is distiller brilliance.
btnerb chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I would love to see more of this, and agreed with almost all of your AN at the end. There was a lot of intelligent thought put into what makes sense and what does not. More people should make that effort.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
About your rinnegan ideas; What does that have to do with eyes?
FreeAllFrogs chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
If I could write humor I would try to write fanfic. Humor make it all better. You do so much good. All I can do is angst, if anyone needs angst all they have to do is read a newspaper or history. I hate angst. Go humor. Go you.
powellt chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Ever since I read the name of the weapons shop I have been continuously and randomly breaking into giggles and snickers thank you.
kirallie chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Good first chapter! Interesting person to have teaching Naruto. Looking forward to seeing how the exams change with all this
crocket chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
nice and not something i seen before
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Great story so far, and funny. The only problem I have is with it is occasionally you made some character errors. (I think you said up top somewhere Naruto was fighting a puppet user), and now the massively huge A\N that had me thinking that I had more awesome to read, but disappointed me.

I would love to read the rest soon.
Lionhead Bookends chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I'd like to point out a couple points from the Forest of Death and before:
She stood between the Demon Brothers and Tazuna. Sasuke got there in time to take them out rather than letting them hit Sakura head-on.
Her job during the fights on the bridge was to guard Tazuna, and she didn't leave him. She stuck by his side even when Sasuke (her obsession) appeared to have died. Admittedly, this might have been because of Naruto's whole turning into a demon thing, but still!
In the Forest of Death, she was willing to sacrifice her hair, something she valued greatly, not only as a way to measure herself against her once-best-friend but also as a potential attraction for someone who ignored her. She did so rather than allow herself to be captured, and her teammates to be hurt.
Again in the Forest of Death, she set up a pattern for her enemy to expect, then broke that pattern by *willingly taking a hit* in order to stab him in the neck with her kunai.

Granted, Naruto wasn't awake for those last two, but I thought I'd point them out. I agree that Sakura could have been handled much better throughout canon, and that she needs a lot of help, but Sakura could easily excel with very little prompting.

Anyway, I guess the whole point of that is that I don't feel Sakura really loses her agency as a character until Sasuke knocks her out and leaves her behind. She really should have been on the retrieval mission with the others, and I never really got why she wasn't. Up until that point, she was the knowledgeable one, the one the others turned to for information they didn't have. She was their reserve strength, there to reinforce the main assault when it faltered. At that point, though, she started falling behind, and it took three years of not seeing her for her to recover even a little.

*ahem* Trying to tie this back to the story a little, Hana-sensei couldn't have known the bits about the Forest of Death, and Naruto's description of the fights in Wave might not have really been on-point enough for her to catch the tactical value of a force in reserve like that. I'm really hoping this isn't the end of this story, though, as I'd love to see where you're taking this story.
texaswookie chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Hope this isn't a one shot would love to see more of it.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I love the way you deconstruct Naruto and reassemble it into something that doesn't make me want to bash my head against the wall.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Some nice chuckles, especially in the Sakura scenes.

Don't buy that Naruto is color blind. There's no hint of that in canon, it's a bit rare, and militaries exclude colorblind men from their ranks, unless the country is in desperate straights.

›› Bloodbath and Beyond
LOL! I'm surprised I haven't heard that one before. ;)

Entertaining story start, overall.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »