Reviews for Back to Basics
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 2/5
This is really fun!
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 1 . 1/15
This is distiller brilliance.
btnerb chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I would love to see more of this, and agreed with almost all of your AN at the end. There was a lot of intelligent thought put into what makes sense and what does not. More people should make that effort.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
About your rinnegan ideas; What does that have to do with eyes?
FreeAllFrogs chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
If I could write humor I would try to write fanfic. Humor make it all better. You do so much good. All I can do is angst, if anyone needs angst all they have to do is read a newspaper or history. I hate angst. Go humor. Go you.
powellt chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Ever since I read the name of the weapons shop I have been continuously and randomly breaking into giggles and snickers thank you.
kirallie chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Good first chapter! Interesting person to have teaching Naruto. Looking forward to seeing how the exams change with all this
crocket chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
nice and not something i seen before
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Great story so far, and funny. The only problem I have is with it is occasionally you made some character errors. (I think you said up top somewhere Naruto was fighting a puppet user), and now the massively huge A\N that had me thinking that I had more awesome to read, but disappointed me.

I would love to read the rest soon.
Lionhead Bookends chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I'd like to point out a couple points from the Forest of Death and before:
She stood between the Demon Brothers and Tazuna. Sasuke got there in time to take them out rather than letting them hit Sakura head-on.
Her job during the fights on the bridge was to guard Tazuna, and she didn't leave him. She stuck by his side even when Sasuke (her obsession) appeared to have died. Admittedly, this might have been because of Naruto's whole turning into a demon thing, but still!
In the Forest of Death, she was willing to sacrifice her hair, something she valued greatly, not only as a way to measure herself against her once-best-friend but also as a potential attraction for someone who ignored her. She did so rather than allow herself to be captured, and her teammates to be hurt.
Again in the Forest of Death, she set up a pattern for her enemy to expect, then broke that pattern by *willingly taking a hit* in order to stab him in the neck with her kunai.

Granted, Naruto wasn't awake for those last two, but I thought I'd point them out. I agree that Sakura could have been handled much better throughout canon, and that she needs a lot of help, but Sakura could easily excel with very little prompting.

Anyway, I guess the whole point of that is that I don't feel Sakura really loses her agency as a character until Sasuke knocks her out and leaves her behind. She really should have been on the retrieval mission with the others, and I never really got why she wasn't. Up until that point, she was the knowledgeable one, the one the others turned to for information they didn't have. She was their reserve strength, there to reinforce the main assault when it faltered. At that point, though, she started falling behind, and it took three years of not seeing her for her to recover even a little.

*ahem* Trying to tie this back to the story a little, Hana-sensei couldn't have known the bits about the Forest of Death, and Naruto's description of the fights in Wave might not have really been on-point enough for her to catch the tactical value of a force in reserve like that. I'm really hoping this isn't the end of this story, though, as I'd love to see where you're taking this story.
texaswookie chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Hope this isn't a one shot would love to see more of it.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I love the way you deconstruct Naruto and reassemble it into something that doesn't make me want to bash my head against the wall.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Some nice chuckles, especially in the Sakura scenes.

Don't buy that Naruto is color blind. There's no hint of that in canon, it's a bit rare, and militaries exclude colorblind men from their ranks, unless the country is in desperate straights.

›› Bloodbath and Beyond
LOL! I'm surprised I haven't heard that one before. ;)

Entertaining story start, overall.
DarkSyde24 chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Preach! I got so sick of filler treating the Rasengan as a fucking Falcon Punch! And Kishimoto was no better. He gave his main character a really dangerous chakra drill, then immediately nerfed it by giving the one and only enemy Naruto actually managed to connect with it super hax regeneration. And what the hell was the point of giving him an even bigger rasengan later on? Was the original grinding energy orb not lethal enough? But considering Naruto doesn't really go out of his way to kill his opponents (as the series is shonen and targeted at kids) what's the point? I was so disappointed with Shippuden too and while I won't bore you with the details since that's a long rant in itself, I've given up on the series.

The only saving grace is fanfiction like this that can take Kishi's initial premise and make sense out of the plot while ignoring all the stupid garbage he's thrown at us along the way to pas the series. With that said, love your attempt at beating some sense into early Naruto rather than letting remain a retard with a heart and really dangerous powers. I look forward to seeing what comes next.
LuxEterna1 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
nice story il like it
and i can agree wtih you on several points afterall the powerup naruto&co are having right now are ridicoulous and if it doesnt end soon it will be worse than dbz
though i believe you should keep all biju afterall it would be pretty random to have only a few tailed ones with the rest of the numbers missing (you can just sideline them afterall; with or without jinchuuriki doesnt matter)
and i really like you idea with the minor demons (afterall several movies made use of them but in the manga they were never integrated into the hows and whys with the tailed beasts)
and i can only agree with you the only way naruto wouldnt forgive someone is if... hell he would forgive one of his precious people anything afterall he forgave nagato for killing hinata and more than half his village and nagato was an enemy
and dont feel guilty about sakura i really like your version though i wonder if youve read " Win Some, Lose Some " by "obsidian dreamer" espeacially chapters 4-6 (its a series of oneshots that i can only recommend plus read "The Mouse of Konoha" it will be worth your time) as your sakura and tenten kinda reminded me of the 6th chapter
on the rasengan while it could be a drill it is possible that due to chakra control issues (or naviete on narutos part) hes seriously underpowers it kinda like a spinning top is also basically a drill but doesnt have the same force behind it (and it relates well with everything seen in the series)
ps you might like to look into my favourites i belive there are several stories that you might like (or write me what kind of stories you want i can recommend you a few) afterall if you keep me suplied with high quality reading material its common curtesy i do the same (even if not written by myself)
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »