Reviews for Light Shines Brightest in the Darkness
waywardpenguinunknown13 chapter 2 . 7/17
Hey, so I love this story. It's always been one of my favs. Just a question, weren't there chapters about her first to third years? Like when I saw with Sirius, I recognized the scene, just thought I read it at another time. Thanks! Just wondering whether it was moved or re-written or whether I'm going completely bonkers xD
the lunar queen chapter 35 . 5/28
ew. Sirius is TWENTY years older than her!
the lunar queen chapter 32 . 5/27
I gotta say I really like the idea of Tempest/Draco. they just seem to fit in this story.
Daydreamer003 chapter 35 . 4/30
Ohhhh my GOD! I can't even think of words to describe how absolutely AMAZING this story is! You are my new hero 3 I really hope to read more from you soon!

Best regards
Melanie
harryislife chapter 35 . 3/12
This is really, really good, I like what you're doing with the pairing, it's much more interesting than just the same person all the way through, and they love each other as long as they've known each other. I'd prefer Malfoy to be honest as the main eventual pairing, I love Sirius but I think a pairing with Malfoy would be the most interesting. Also it would certainly surprise everyone. I like the way you've treated the characters. Some of the things Hermione and Molly said about Sirius in canon were totally unacceptable, and I'm glad Hermione didn't get away with it. I like the way you're writing them, not bashing but understanding that they have flaws. Some Snape POV would be good soon, reactions to Tempests memories. Looking forward to your next update.
LilyPotterFan chapter 10 . 3/6
Wow. This is brilliant! I especially love, love, LOVE the fact that Tempastus is named after a spell which signify's Lily and Snape's friendship. And the fact that she was kinda like a peace treaty. Except Snape didn't sign it. :( But this type of Harry is all badass and everything and sarcastic and having a relationship with Draco Malfoy! Wow. And I also love the fact that James dubbed her "Temper" as a nickname and added her to the Marauders Map. Because with that badass attitude, it's like she's a female James and Sirius. Ooh. Not a good combo. Can I smell crushes? It's as if George likes Tempestas but wait...no way. Forge likes Tempestas! Tempest is also a good nickname generally as Temper must mean something to her so only close people to her can say it and Tempestas is kinda a mouthful. Tempest is perfect...for uptight people like Hermione anyway. Love the story!
It's Hpfan1010 (famfiction doesn't let people post more than one review for each chapter), that last review probably sounded stupid now that i think about it - i meant like i was curious if Tempest has always loved Sirius, or if she has just realised now.
HarryPotterFan1010 chapter 35 . 2/22
How didn't i see it before, what was happening between Sirius/Tempest from the beginning of LSBD/BWC? I really was oblivious, i just assumed she would end up with Draco, in the end. I'm not sure how you are planning to continue this story, but in my opinion Sirius/Tempest is an awesome idea. I'm not sure if she began falling in love with him unknowingly from the begining (or if it was even what you intended?), when Sirius asked Tempest to live with him, back when he was on the run and living in a cave, or whether she has begun to fall in love with him now, where they listen to each other breath, just breathing, through the mirror, but either way they are great together (sorry if i'm rambling).
HarryPotterFan1010 chapter 34 . 2/22
Thanks for updating again and answering my question.
ScarletRoofs chapter 35 . 2/22
Man, I actually like Tempest with Draco. Sorry I sound cruel but I don't want Sirius and Tempest's relationship to last (romantically) so if they do get together, I hope they break up. Anyway this is a great story! Hopefully George and her will be okay again. I wonder though where Cat is going to go on from here and if you have things planned out for her. Great story and I can't wait to read some more!
Dragones chapter 35 . 2/21
Ah happiness.
So much niceness.
Also, hate to be the picky pain, but you say new moon for Rem's furry little problem. It's full... New and full are different stages. Sorry.
I always feel that people will get upset if I say things like that or correct them. My grandma hates it.
BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!
DON'T HATE ME!
I'm just a nosey girl who can't stop being a grammar nazi for one damn day.

Anyway, so glad for the update, and I may have squeeed when I saw it was two chapters!
agrafina chapter 33 . 1/24
I remember reading the original version of your story, mostly because of the unique and yet appropriate name you have chosen for her. I honestly hadn't noticed the rewrite, so i was very surprised when i stumbled upon it in somebodys list of favorites. it gave me a very enjoyable day off reading in a warm bed with a coffee, while it snows outside.

i'm a fan of gender-bent stories, as i find the idea of what would change and what would stay the same very interesting. your work is very well written. as i'm not a native English speaker i can't say much about grammar or spelling, but nothing jumped out to me, so that is already makes your vocabulary tons better than large amount of fics.

what impressed me most about the story was how well thought out and written relationships between temper and everybody were. i liked that you had her go out with malfoy and yet it wasn't the love of her life kind off moment and also her breakup while not pleasant wasn't something t angst about for months. i also liked that while George is in love with her, you didn't go with the classic friendzone trope, or the good guy finish last thing. she didn't return his feelings and he was respectful and understanding about it. i also like that you haven't made her potential love interests some sort of love triangle or competition, which happens so often in stories, that by this point a healthy relationship seems like something new and unheard.

i'm really interested in where you are going to take her relationship with sirius and while i feel a teeny tiny bit disappointed that you went with sirius being a flirt and womanizer, which is the most popular fan view of him, i still like his characterization and how he interacts with everybody.

the whole thing that is being sort off hinted on about the malfoys is interesting, i kind off can't wait to see where that will lead. i like that you haven't done any character bashing. both ron and hermione have their bad moments, but they are not defined by them, and in the end you have kept them very in character.

the one thing i feel that is missing sometimes are physical descriptions, i'm not saying that you should write paragraphs about the color of the draperies and how the room looks or mention what peoples hair and clothes look like every time they appear in the story and so on, but a half of sentence here and there or a reference wouldn't be amiss. we have read the books or seen the movies and probably read more fanfictions then healthy, so we fill in the blanks with information that we already know or our own imagination, but you as an author have your rights to tell us if george has freckles or a beginning of a beard, is he more stock like in the books or tall like in the movies. the reason why i bring this up is because i couldn't remember and tell after reading the story what cat looks like, perhaps it is intentional, or perhaps you did mention it and i don't read carefully enough, but it didn't leave me with a strong impression.

i would like to compliment you on the way you move about the timeline. i liked your choice of starting at year 4, having very brief but also very informing flashbacks. i also like how you are moving away form the original plot. i can only imagine how hard it is to come up with an original plot and then tie it together with what we already know about the hp universe, so i can only encourage you to try and the take up the work off coming up with way how thing could go drastically different. one very small difference, like spending holidays in paris could have enormous consequences, that lead the story in completely different direction.

also a giant virtual hug to you for finding the perfect balance between realistic consequences of a trauma and the issues a person has because of it and the amount of angst in a story. your femharry had a horrible childhood and experiences, we as readers see the effects it has had on how she views the world, her relationships with others and her character but it is not what drives the plot or her actions, it is not the most important thing about her.

i really loved your story, hope you understood my rambling and i can't wait for an update.
HarryPotterFan1010 chapter 33 . 1/18
Thanks for updaing again. It's fine if you couldn't find those older chapters (thanks very much for trying, though). Out of curiousity, i've noticed Tempest seems to be a lost less emotionally attatched to her friends at Hogwarts now, than in the original (e.g. Ginny rarely appears anymore, wheres in the orignal she was a lot closer to Tempest?), was that change intentional?
Padfootette chapter 33 . 1/18
Fantastic chapter I loved it and I can't wait for more please update soon
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 1/17