Reviews for A Blind Leap
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
Oh this just made me squeal like a little fangirl. And poor Jonathan, ruining everything then having to go around and fix it all. (So like him, though.)
Genevieve chapter 3 . 2/21/2014
I thought that was a wonderful and more realistic portrayal of how messy love can be and how men have feelings too. I think they often go unspoken and unrecognized so it's nice to see his side for a change. I think it was quite in character too. Well done!
miss nobody chapter 3 . 5/9/2013
beautifully written chapter.
Brunette chapter 3 . 4/2/2013
Ahh! So is it over? It feels over. But I just enjoyed it SO much!

Okay, so the past two chapters, I forgot to mention that you've managed to make me literally laugh aloud EVERY chapter, in some cases more than once. Your dialogue is hilarious, and you have a great ear for writing these characters. So if you, you know, decided to write some more Mummy stories, I'd be on them like white on rice.

I particularly loved the ongoing bit about Jonathan being an "excellent conversationalist." Have I mentioned that I love the way you write Jonathan? I LOVE the way you write Jonathan. It's so in-character and perfect. Actually, this whole story rang so true to the movie, in the tone and the dialogue and the character relationships, and if I haven't said it enough, I loved it!

I do have another small point of criticism, though: Evelyn's never been in love? Not ever? I mean, okay...I can buy that she's never been in a serious adult relationship, but come on. She was fifteen once. Everyone's been at least "kind of" in love, or had their heartbroken, or been totally devestated by a crush. It happens. I find it hard to believe that's NEVER happened to Evelyn Carnahan, and her total naivety starts to ring a little false.

Other than that, though, I seriously loved it. Seriously, seriously. And if you don't write another Mummy story, I'll just be totally devestated. So...you should do that.

Thanks for a great little story! I just adored it.
Brunette chapter 2 . 4/2/2013
Hmm...

There's so much I love about this chapter, but I have to admit, it tried my suspension of disbelief a little. I have trouble imagining Jonathan (or any protective older brother) would try to convince his younger sister that the best thing for her is some meaningless sex. That said, that whole conversation was a riot, and I can kind of let it go since you made it pretty evident that Jonathan was drunk. And drunk people always make awesomely stupid suggestions like that.

I'm also kind of struggling with Rick's incredibly clear mind during this whole foreplay scenario going on. Men aren't animals, of course, but they're not super-good at analyzing a sexual situation as its happening. Even though Rick is "experienced." Even though (especially though?) he has strong feelings for Evelyn. It seems a little more likely something very stark would interrupt what's about to happen, or he'd have this realization after the deed is done. Yet again, however, it was a good moment in the chapter and fairly well-written, though it might need to be just a bit more compelling. It certainly works as is, though. I'm just saying it could work a little bit better.

I might suggest upping the rating on this...maaaaybe. This chapter doesn't contain an actual sex scene, but it also doesn't flinch from describing in sensual detail what's going on. And sometimes that's the difference between T and M ratings: the way you tell us what's happening. Just a thought for the future, since a sex scene in this story wouldn't shock me.
Brunette chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
So pretty much, I love this.

Like, seriously. The dialogue is just wonderful! I love the way you handle Rick and Evelyn seperately, and together. You have a remarkable way of writing their chemistry, and I just LOVE this scene. So, so much.

There were a few moments were Rick went a little too "British," but overall, you've got his mannerisms and speech down pat. I really felt like I could picture everything that happened between him and Evelyn.

And the chemistry! Have I mentioned the chemistry? I know I have. But holy crap, the CHEMISTRY. This story is working so well, and I just want to keep reading (which I'm going to do, since you have more chapters).

I love the idea of seeing how Rick and Evelyn came to be married. There's a huge jump between the two films, and clearly they had to get to know each other better after the first film to get to that point.

So basically, this is great, and I love it. Next chapter!
SingularToast chapter 3 . 4/2/2013
That was brilliant. I just finished rewatching the movie and craved a little Rick/Evie blossoming love - and good god you delivered. Thank you!