Reviews for After The Flood
Aoi Apfel chapter 4 . 17h
I'm hating the Weasleys right now :/
Aoi Apfel chapter 2 . 6/23
OMG can't wait to see what happens next, this seems to be pretty dark :D
garciamonique2011 chapter 34 . 5/23
I loved loved loved this story. It was a completely new take on the post-war narrative. Having Harry die the way he did makes a lot of sense as does the Ministry’s reaction. The calm after the war is the perfect time to swoop in and take over when no one’s looking. It’s horrible to think of Hermione being stripped of magic after hearing for years that she wasn’t worthy of it. As much as I don’t like someone being blackmailed into marriage, I knew they would eventually fall in love and that they both had a lot to gain. I thought it was great how you mentioned that everyone has scars, physical and emotional after the war and that not everyone heals in the same manner. My absolute favorite part was when Draco rushed towards Hermione as soon as he woke ip and was so in the moment he forgot to put his Malfoy mask of stoicism on. That was a show of love. Truly.
kaitward chapter 34 . 5/11
This was a great ending. I loved that you had Mrs Dursley show up - I couldn't resist almost saying out loud "IT'S PETUNIA!" as I was reading. The thought of that was enough to make me tear up. Your description of Harry at the end, of how what he'd done had everything to do with the sort of person he'd been - ahhh there's a lump in my throat even contemplating it.

This story was long and a touch slow on the romance (at least, compared to other dramiones), but I loved every word. It's the most unique dramione I've read. The plot was enough to keep me interested throughout, and I loved the subtle hints or moments that revealed their feelings to each other before they even realized it themselves. Hermione was written fantastically to character. I loved your Ron immensely, and as I often do when I read a great Ron, I almost hate myself for supporting dramione, but then your Draco was written so well I couldn't very well root for Ron and Hermione, either.

The story was heartbreaking at times, especially the Harry bits. I would have loved to see Ginny come around, which is probably my only complaint. It was also hilarious at times, and extremely well-written throughout. I will definitely be checking out your other stories, hopefully one where Harry is alive and well and written with your deft hand.
kaitward chapter 30 . 5/11
Oh my goddddd this is so incredibly emotional I'm a wreck.

Beautiful. Poor Harry. You've written him perfectly.
kaitward chapter 25 . 5/10
Lovely reunion between Hermione and her parents. This is truly a slow burn, but I am loving every second of it. I can't wait for the payoff!

I came across this story by asking fellow Dramione readers for a story with a good Ron, who had not done something unforgivable. Someone suggested this story, saying it had their favorite Ron ever. I think I may agree.
kaitward chapter 22 . 5/10
Still reading! This was a great chapter, I was tearing up when Hermione found Harry's socks. Ahhh I wish I could've seen how you'd write Harry - I guess I'll have to check out your other stories :) But you do amazing work with details and backstories, it's almost like reading JKR again!
kaitward chapter 7 . 4/30
Love the dig at marriage law trope! I had actually quite forgotten this was a dramione because I was so enthralled by the plot regardless of ships.
kaitward chapter 5 . 4/29
I can't wait for Ron and Hermione to reunite!
kaitward chapter 4 . 4/29
AHHHHHHHHHH oh my god this is heartbreaking. George! And poor Ron, being unable to kill Harry, ohhhh the feels.

So good so far, I can't wait to finish this!
pixelbun1 chapter 34 . 4/12
a r ally lovely, well written story, albeit a sad one. This fic particularly highlights the unromantic shit that life can be: unfair, undeserving, scrabbling for survival. I agree with the previous reviewer that it is quite lovely and unusual to see a fairly well rounded/mature and non 2 dimensional Ron. I wish there was more Hermione Draco romance satisfaction, as this was too subtle and "tastefully" written it leaves you wanting more.
darling draco chapter 34 . 4/3
ALSO- your Ron! lovely! it's so rare to see a healthy, mature relationship between him and Hermione, and his character was such a treat.
darling draco chapter 34 . 4/3
I read this years ago and have just now found my way back to it. Your note about what would have happened if Harry hadn't seen Snape's memories during the final battle made me cry, along with the rest of this. Strange how much a single decision can impact our lives, isn't it? The scene from the battle couldn't have come at a better time. Your Harry, selfless, brave, and forever seventeen, is exactly as he should be. Hermione's exploration of the abandoned Grimmauld Place and the remnants of a life long past was beautiful. I have to admit- the line about the abandoned tent, hidden by wards, made me tear up. I'm a nostalgic person, and this story simply bleeds with it (and I love that) so I must thank you, a thousand times over, for sharing this. What a deeply moving story about a revolution, forgiveness, and redemption.
Capecodcanal chapter 34 . 2/14
This was really quite fantastic! It was intricate and detailed and rich with thinly-veiled emotion. I particularly liked your portrayal of Ron throughout the story. The focus on a deep, important friendship with Hermione felt true to his character. I liked that you played in his strategical skills and the slow build of his friendship with Draco. (His joy at seeing them kiss outside the Marigold was perfect!)

The final disclosure of Harry’s death was wrenching. Hermione truly will do whatever it takes.

Just loved it really!
Jamethiel-bane chapter 34 . 2/11
This is absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed it so much.