Reviews for After The Flood
Lady Mage chapter 34 . 10/28/2023
I just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite Harry Potter fanfiction’s. I’ve probably read it three or four times through. Thanks for writing such a beautiful story!
Serennos chapter 33 . 9/6/2022
A wonderful re-read. The final paragraph of this chapter is especially beautiful and poignant.
StrawberryButterfly7 chapter 25 . 5/5/2022
It’s interesting that she slightly acknowledged to herself that she’s mad at him for doing the exact same thing she did to her parents. But when given the chance to actually deal with it and be as accountable as they’re both holding him, she didn’t take it. Disappointing but the story is really good regardless. Unique premise and excellent writing.
StrawberryButterfly7 chapter 11 . 5/5/2022
Man, she is really an entitled bitch lol. Damn
clover-blossom chapter 34 . 2/2/2022
Thank you for writing such an interesting story. I enjoyed the break from the typical angsty/lovers stories I am typically draw to.

Honestly the part that stood out most to me was Charlie’s description of what had become of Ginny and why/how. I don’t think I’d ever really thought about that before (probably because I never read Ginny centric fics). But honestly I haven’t stopped considering it since I read that part.
Aniara27 chapter 34 . 8/15/2021
I enjoyed reading it! Thank you for writing it!
Aniara27 chapter 8 . 8/8/2021
Excellent story so far! Btw, Dean was also in the Malfoy cellar.
MamaMalfoy chapter 34 . 7/16/2021
Excellent story! Beautifully written! Please keep writing more stories.
Luzula-spicata chapter 34 . 4/8/2021
I loved your beautiful story
Leonita Yap chapter 4 . 3/11/2021
poor her... as always..
Natt chapter 34 . 2/7/2021
Wonderful
Elle.Ebullience chapter 34 . 12/23/2020
Amazing fanficition! Thank you for sharing
Serennos chapter 34 . 12/12/2020
A huge thank you for a well-written, complex and engaging storyline. All the characters’ thoughts and behaviour were relatable. A poignant and very satisfying read.
Serennos chapter 33 . 12/12/2020
This chapter is heart-wrenching and lovely, particularly Ron’s observations about himself, Hermione and Draco.
christev chapter 34 . 9/18/2020
Wow. This epilogue hit me like a ton of bricks. Or perhaps like a Bludger to the gut. I absolutely loved this tribute to Severus Snape, and it's one of the best tributes to him I've seen in fanfiction. You've captured so many pertinent things here - the memorial should be small, not open to the public; only people who actually knew him should attend; a very stark headstone for him is best; his heroism is unquestionable yet he always questioned his own self worth. I loved that Petunia was there to be such a fitting tie-in to Snape's Muggle past. And though she is still socially awkward and rather unpleasant, the fact that she came speaks a lot.

Numerous things you said struck me, like villains and heroes changing places (hello, Dumbledore!), that Hermione didn't mourn Snape, but the man he could have become. And how the Slytherins taking pride in him was... complicated. And how Draco owed Snape his life, his sanity, and his redemption. That's at least 2/3 true in canon as well. Snape's youth always hits me, but pointing out that Teddy would soon be older than Harry hit me in the feels.

One thing that made me laugh was Hermione's urge to mouth along the words as Draco gave the eulogy. I wondered if that was a nod to young Emma Watson's habit of doing that while filming the first movie!

I really loved this fic, and will definitely put it on my re-read and recommend lists. Seven years later it stands up really well. Thanks for all the work you put into this and for sharing it!