Reviews for A Blessing in Disguise
Saissa chapter 12 . 9/26
You know, you could have added an epilogue set 5 years later so that we know how James is doing with his new mama and mention any kids that Harry and Daphne may have had.

As it stands, this ends very abruptly and an epilogue would have ended it just right.
Axcel chapter 3 . 7/17
Well, Daphne didn't really react to learning Harry didn't even know of the contract. For her entire time at Hgowarts she was frightened of the future, angry, hurt, and ashamed of Harry's apparent promiscuity, and now she has someone she can lay all the blame on. Pretty sure "Hell hath no fury" would be quite accurate right about now and Dumbledick is right at the top of her list.
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 12 . 5/17
Very nice story that deserves an epilogue but not the type JKR made. I would love to read Harry and Daphne and their other children see James off to Hogwarts for the first time.
Pisces heiress Black chapter 8 . 7/11/2014
I doubt think mental healing was a thing in canon. Because if it was a lot of people should have gotten it. Snape, Harry, Sirius, and Ginny to name a few.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 5/28/2014
I really like this story. I like Harry-Daphne pairings much better than Harry-Ginny. You did a good job of developing Daphne's character in a short time, and you made good use of the "bonding" feelings without actually discussing the soul bond.

I wonder if magic might not activate a love bond in the case of a contract like Harry and Daphne's, once the contract is accepted and set in motion. It could account for the speed of their attachment.

Anyway, good story.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 5/28/2014
"A mountain out of a mustard"? I thought it was a mountain out of a molehill.

Harry is such a romantic! I wonder what kind of wedding they can put together in a couple of days. I think they should elope! Then again, I'm not one for elaborate and overly showy weddings. I prefer quiet, intimate weddings with only close friends and family.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 5/28/2014
Wow! That was a bit of a tongue-lashing from Daphne. I'm surprised she is so angry.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
Well, that certainly went better than I expected. You obviously feel as I have since the second book: Ginny should have undergone serious mind-healing therapy. I never could understand how she was just sent home for the summer after spending nearly a year under the control of Riddle. Dumbledore's actions there show his total disregard for the welfare of his students over his personal desire to keep knowledge of his failures away from the public. Madam Pomfrey is rather a surprise there. She must have been under some sort of charm that would prevent her acting against his wishes.

Now ... What will happen in the papers? Was Skeeter at Harry's when Ginny spilled the beans?
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 5/28/2014
Dinner with the Weasleys? Oh, this should be good! I wonder how many of them knew about the potions? Perhaps they should dose all of the Weasleys with Veritaserum.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 5/28/2014
Well, at least it looks like the in-laws and "outlaws" all get along well together. Draco seems to have acquired not only civility but a bit of sensitivity.

Is there relationship potential between Neville and Hermione? Or did you already hint at that?
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 5/28/2014
Well, at least they get on well. Even more importantly, she likes the baby ... and he likes her. Ginny will be ticked.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 5/28/2014
Dumbledore. I knew it. Well, at least he and Ginny weren't married. I wonder ... Is James even his child? If Ginny was capable of the love potions, who knows what else she was capable of doing?
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 5/28/2014
I'm curious ... Why didn't the Goblins inform Harry of this contract? Isn't that their responsibility when someone reaches his or her majority? Was the contract stolen, hidden, or destroyed by some "interested party" (I.e., Weasley, Dumbledore)?
lensman chapter 12 . 2/10/2014
Great story.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/3/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...