Reviews for They'd Loved Her First
xDarkDesiresLightx chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
This was pure genius and I love it! I absolutely adore this fic so much.
MissLevinLover chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This is so amazing, I think you have succeeded were many have failed and left me speechless...

I like the fact this was in Haymich's point of view, he is a character that intriuges me to this very day.

"at least she's not a two-year-old who's so pretty no one can tell if it's a she or a he." I actually couldn't stop laughing when I read this, it is brilliant!

I actually felt on edge when Peeta's father came in and asked to hold Katniss, practically gripping my computer like it was keeping me alive! And Gale's father, you write him so well, I just love him!

The end was such a lovely combination on sweet and funny. The end paragrapth was beautiful absolutely beautiful.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I LOVed this fic! I Loved the memory of the first time Haymitch saw Katniss.

I LOVe how it's all from Haymitch's POV.

The banter between Spruce and Jasper was funny.

""You don't pay attention to that idiot, Hawthorne, Katniss," he'd cooed softly to the baby, who seemed to respond by gurgling nonsense to their drunk audience of one. "You're my girl. No boy's ever going to be good enough for you, you hear. He'd have to brave heaven and earth and he still wouldn't love you as much as I do. You're my girl."" I LOVe this.

I really like how Mr. Mellark got to hold her, and how he wished for a little girl of his own.

""When he'd looked back at the Seam hunter, he'd been narrowing his eyes at the baby in his arm, scrutinizing her tiny face. After a moment, a humongous smile had split his features and the Victor saw him turn to call over his shoulder, "Hey Jasper, she's not all me, she's got her momma's eyes. And if your boy ever comes anywhere near her…"" This is really cute.

Thom and Delly are cute together, I like how he's keeping her from cutting herself on the broken goblet.

I love how he calls Peeta and Katniss, his kids.

Go get her, Peeta!

I really like Haymitch's thought process at the end.
Mae017 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Very bittersweet! I loved it!
LizaLovesPeeta chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Geez. This was beautiful. I loved the "his kids" reference as to hat K&P were for Haymitch
I loved the visual of the pound parents, boasting on thir children snd the gentle biker pointing out to the hunter dad what he clearly had missed... She had her mother's eyes. ! That love that he lost but he never stopped feeling for Katniss' mom, another sad tragedy of these books.
Papa Haymitch content knowing he did right, that "they" found her a great boy. Him acknowledging he loves her as much as her own after, even more so than Peeta. So lovely!
Hilariter chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Great work! I really enjoyed reading about Katniss' father, I thought he was a great character even in such a short work. I loved the play between the fathers, and Haymitch's perspective was a nice touch. Thanks for posting!
schur655 chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
The emotion in your writing amazes me, especially Haymitch's last thoughts. Thing about life if you have a daughter, even one you adopt as does Haymitch and you love her, she is special , no boy is quite special enough, in your mind not even Peeta. I really wish every daughter in the world knew that feeling.
Anla'shok chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
who's ever changed my Gale's diaper's knows he's more than enough of a he to make any girl very happy some day,
This is gratuituous parent boasting. I have this very bad image of a baby with a six-inch long penis in my head. I can't imagine how mortified Gale and katniss would be if they ever were told of the conversation.
But the two men are really fun. And how they get back at each other all naturally after that sweet moment with Peeta's dad was hilarious.

'Atta boy… That's how you gotta love her… Hard, fast and without relenting.'
I have a twisted mind. xD

This was very sweet. Haymich's self loathing was very present but it shows he doesn't see the whole world as dark, just himself. And we can also see how much suffering he holds inside him.

As usual, Everlark as an excuse to explore other characters, but it's great.
The Lazy Bookworm chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
This was interesting... Sweet, and I do like the cute father-daughter relationship shown here. Sweet, very sweet.
On A Rocketship To Pigfarts chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
That was really good. Brought tears to my eyes :P
raissa20 chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
I loved it. Don't I always? But then again, how could I not? It's great.
Raphs No.1 Girl chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Great fic, inspired by a beautiful song :)