Reviews for Et Spiritus Sancti
sonic chapter 13 . 3/16/2018
I liked the chapter!
Nicole chapter 14 . 9/9/2016
I understand, but I am still sad. You pulled some interesting characters together. I hope you have gone off and done something awesome since 2013 ;)
deletedACCOUNT139 chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
I like. I really, really like. It's very much in the style of Worm, darker universe, darker characters. Devil Dog seems like an interesting character, the kind that we didn't see too much in Worm.
TDF4638 chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
Firstly, from a technical perspective this could do with a bit of work. There's the aforementioned overuse of caps lock to emphasise a word. I also noticed quite a few spelling errors, excess use of exclamation marks and not capitalising proper nouns correctly.

However, I was very much enjoying the story and the world-within-a-world you'd created in Texas. I think you definitely captured the feel of Wildbow's Wormverse. It's a shame you felt that you couldn't continue with the story. I hope you return to it some day.
UNSecur chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
A shame that Saul probably can't afford Panacea.
skywiseskychan chapter 14 . 10/18/2013
Its too bad that your not going to continue. I really think that you did do a wonderful job of building up a world and situation. I'm sad to see it go.
skywiseskychan chapter 12 . 10/18/2013
Woa... now I just have to wonder just what Eve's damage is! That or Father Figure has had a lot more time to work on twisting his toys that I first thought. Though that does seem a staple in Worm that people and their powers are generally worse than initially thought. Of course I feel bad about poor abused, manipulated, and dead Stigmata.
skywiseskychan chapter 10 . 10/18/2013
I've got to say I really like the world building youve got going on here and the detail and complexity of things that are already in motion. I'm definitely looking forward to more. It's also nice to see a really good hero like Marshal just being a good person too.
Oblivion6 chapter 2 . 9/23/2013
Hey ya, Lost. Glad your fanfic was the first I came too after catching up on Worm itself. Liking this so far. Sjould keep me entertained waiting for updates... Until I finish this in a few days.

And, off topic, but every time I see ALL CAPS, I automatically think of Dr. Dire. :smalltongue:
Chunq chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
You're doing something new with the exclamation points in addition to the capitalization for emphasis. Some 1st person narrative sentences have exclamation points while others don't; "slamming into Scorpus Christi's backside!" and "her thoughts were interrupted by an inhuman scream!" are two bits where I thought it was just awkward to see the "!" there. It made sense with "he pepper sprayed Scorpus Christi!" but that's about it.

Marshal's power is more accurately described as changing velocity (speed direction) while not changing speed (rate of motion), just changing direction. That's just what I remember from high school physics and looking up on Wikipedia. "Altering trajectory" doesn't seem to be the right wording either because "trajectory" calls to mind arcing parabolas and change over time. Related to terminology: I hope you get things like "round" and "magazine" correct since there are a lot of guns in the story and a Marine and a cop would have the knowledge there unlike Taylor Hebert.

I like the plot and the powers but the writing does get on my nerves. The exclamation point thing on top of the EMPHASIS is getting to be a bit much.
Chunq chapter 4 . 8/23/2013
Hooo shit that's scary. Something inspired by Breed? Anyways, I like the horror.
Chunq chapter 3 . 8/23/2013
One of the 10 reviews you have have already mentioned it but you use capitalization for emphasis a lot. Maybe you're just conforming to the setting, I guess Texans could speak/think like that, but I also think it's a bit overdone. It breaks the immersion for me because it's literally aesthetically jarring, and it's repeated often. Other authors use italics more often. ALL CAPS should be for things like the heading and out-of-context info, which you did use it for up top, and occasionally dialogue when it's by itself on a line.

Everything else is nice and smooth.
Chunq chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Yeah, I like this.

I'm starved for detail but that means you're doing a good job. I can't reasonably expect you to match Wildbow's 6-10k word chapter length either.
Cytokinesis chapter 3 . 6/1/2013
Excessive capitalizations are ruining it for me. It's decent, but my narrative voice keeps getting broken because you use them so often.
Cytokinesis chapter 2 . 6/1/2013
You really need to stop with the excessive capitalizations. It's a pain to read and breaks up what is otherwise a good story. I like your writing so far but having so many words stick out like that is very annoying.