Reviews for Chasing Shadows
HebrewPrincess91 chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
This is great! I wasn't sure of what to think at first, but you kept me reading until the very end. I love how natural the dialogue feels, every word Garcia said sounded like it came from the show writers themselves. You did a great job with the pacing and I liked all of it. Disney's Zorro is just so good, and you've done a good job on this fic! Thanks for the great little story.

Happy writing,
HbrewPrincess91
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
Aww, I so loved this story! It was really unexpected! Very awesome ending! I can imagine Garcia laughing right now. Great job! Loved this!
Harlock William Diego Holmes chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
WTF ? ( it is my reaction before Diego woke up...XD )

I LOVE THIS OS ! It is funny, strange and illogical so it is an original fanfiction of Zorro very very very very good.
JuliaBC chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Oh, ho, ho.
Great ending line.
I envy you your brain. This was such a brilliant story.
scarecrow73 chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
LOL :-)

That was a wonderful story! I truly believed Zorro was surrending himself to our beloved sergeant! All he had to do was say "please" lol! You captured Garcia so well! Thank you so much for sharing this :-) I hope we'll get more stories from you.
WDZorroFan chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
One of the absolute best Garcia/Diego friendship fics I've had the pleasure of reading. Thank you for letting the sergeant be the hero. :)
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Magnificent. :-) Zorro finally met his match in Sergeant Garcia, the most powerful man in California, hehe.

I read this before heading off for work this morning, so I didn't have time to write a proper review. There was also the little matter of being too giddy to think properly. Because of your story, I've worn a goofy smile all day.

You nailed Sergeant Garcia's voice. The scene where he arrived at the camp and introduced himself felt like I was watching it play out on screen. I was (and still am) rolling in laughter when Zorro got ready to strike, only to watch in pure shock as the bandits gave themselves up to his "please." Poor Zorro! He's completely bewildered!

I love how Diego remains suspicious, firmly believing the bandidos are plotting something big. Garcia taking delight in his power was also loads of fun. I kept wondering what would happen when the sergeant met the fox that night... A part of me wanted to scream when it turned out to be a dream. Looking back, I should have picked up on it when Zorro urged Bernardo to ride to the mission and tell Padre Felipe bandits were after him. Lying to a padre is so unlike the fox. ;-)

But you know what? I'm still sitting here in amazement at how you weaved this story together. I'm so happy Garcia got to truly be the hero. He saved Diego's life and Corporal Reyes led the privates in capturing the bandidos. And what evil bandidos they were – killing an entire family and sending Diego to a watery grave! The unusual friendship Diego and Garcia share really shines. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

I hope this is the first of many Zorro stories from you.
miXiZ chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
aaaaiiiii... you really had me there. i was already trying to figure out what the heck type of weird power Garcia had.
i really didnt see that coming and here i've used a similar technique in another ff once... it worked as well as yours did now.

ah but did you have to let diego almost drown? it has to be icywaters fault... err I meant the icy water's fault ;)

humor me... i had a long day and ur story capped it nicely!
Little Bones chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Fun story! Thanks for sharing it :o)