Reviews for Reassuring Hermione
Wonderful story. Beautifuly written. I also have a husband like that. And I also have moments of insecurities and depresion, so I felt so connected to your character (Hermione). Very natural and lovely. Thank you.
Wow. The way you incorporated depression into the story was beautiful. (I'm not trying to romanticize Depression, I'm just saying that the way you protrayed it was accurate and woven well into the story.) Great story!
FancyFreeThinker101 chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Awww! This is so lovely! I liked it, and I thought Severus's way of showing her his perception of her was really creative. Wonderful job, per usual. :)
Estoma chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
This is definitely a change from your normal style, but it's lovely. You've shown us a gorgeous, caring couple.

One thing I really love about this, is that you've been able to show us a Hermione with flaws. It's hard to give your characters flaws. But that she had a damaged uterus, and she fell into depression, that's really clever to write like that. And menopause too, I mean, it's something that will happen.

As usual, there are lovely details there. The 'superior coldness' of Snape's house, the way Hermione turns on the stool to press herself against Snape and kiss him through his waistcoat. Lovely!

Just a few points:

"But mama, I have you," she had rejoined. 'Rejoined' isn't the right word I feel.

""Talk to me." It was a request, not a command." If you put a question mark, it would seem less like a command, or even a 'please'.

Also, Snape's ancestral home. We know his home with his father and mother wasn't a nice situation, so do you mean that home. I always had the impression that it was small and dingy. Or do you mean a home inherited from his mother's magical side? I think we need a little bit of clarification there.

All up, that's just gorgeous. It's heartwarming.

Cheers.
Edhla chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Appreciated that you made a foray into a topic that I don't think I've ever read about in fanfic- I like the fact that you're prepared to go into that territory, while being happy to be corrected (I'm 30. I can't help you here :p)

Strong imagery in the first few paragraphs, particularly visual imagery. I did think that the narrative strayed slightly into tell-not-show a few times "he in fact had a very healthy..." etc. But given the constraints of a one-shot, I don't know how else you could express what you tried to get across in such a short space.

When you returned us to the present, I thought the fic was a lot stronger- more vivid and immediate. 45 seems awfully young for menopause, but not unrealistically so, especially given Hermione's previous reproductive problems. I found myself a bit mystified at her having such a strong reaction to menopause and the knowledge that she couldn't have another child when she'd already had two, in fact, but as a childless person, that's an area I'm prepared to admit I don't have any personal experience of :p

The end message really is quite lovely, and the last line in particular is a strong point for your fic. Thank you for writing. x
ScarletScrawls chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Granted, this is another pairing that I'm not really a big fan of. I have a hard time seeing it because of the massive age difference between the two of them. But, I decided to give it a try anyway. I think that you might want to mention somewhere in either the summary or the author's note that it's AU. It might also be worth it to make it clear just how long it's been since the Battle of Hogwarts, especially at the beginning. It can be distracting to have so many unknowns right off the bat.

"While not haughty, he in fact" I had a little bit of trouble following this sentence. It just seemed a bit awkward to me, not sure why.

"pre-natal vitamins" should be one word, "prenatal"

I liked the way that you brought Mrs. Granger into the story. The way that she supports Hermione was very sweet, and I like what she added to the piece at that point.

One thing that confused me was that Mrs. Granger went with her to the "local" hospital. That would imply Muggle to me since you didn't outwardly say "St. Mungo's", but you said that they could detect the fact that the curse had taken hold of her?

Severus was very sweet in this story, although he did seem a little bit OoC. I really just have a hard time seeing it, after the way that he treated her in canon. That being said, I did like what you did with him here. The potion was a really sweet idea, and I like how he was able to use something so personal to help her feel better.

The only other thing that confused me was the fact that this story was rated M. I'm not really sure why. I think a T at the most would have been fine, but that's more up to you than me.

Thanks for the read!
Shawntail chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Wonderful story!
pumpkin314159 chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
So sad and sweet at the same time. Wonderfully written.
WintersStarlight chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
So sweet and lovely. This was a sheer joy to read. Thank you for this.
momonigiri chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I loved this! I can literally hear Snape saying those words to Hermoine as his character dialogue was spot on!

I also enjoyed your sense of description: it's not too much to where nothing is left to the imagination, but just enough for us to get a sense of their lives.

-Momo
onecelestialbeing chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
oh my this has me all choked up. wow this is one of the most beautiful things ive read, bravo, girl, bravo!
angel897 chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
intresting story to read rather sweet
SlaveToSeverus chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
So sweet... Why cant all men be like Severus?
ROSE chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I LOVED THIS !
Alanna22039 chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
Love it. Can't say more than that. :)