Reviews for The Imperfect One
Rose Carinna chapter 21 . 3/29/2004
I've just finished reading the entire story you've written plus the author's notes on the last two chapters.
I have enjoyed this and even though Elenmire has gotten a bit Mary Sueish, I like the way you have written her. She is fighting the whole way. Please don't let other's comments stop you from finishing the story. Me, I want to see how it ends! Nothing wrong with a Mary Sue that is well written as she is. Ignore the Dipsticks... there's a few in every group and they aren't worth the effort!
Kim Reich Koehler
Soccer-Bitch chapter 21 . 3/9/2004
this is a great story so far. i cant wait for the next chapters. i hope that you update soon. later. :D
Lady Eleclya chapter 21 . 2/24/2004
OMG! What a great story! I am so looking FW to your next chapter! All your characters are very real...and the situations are too. Elenmire has alot of love problems doesn't she? lol Now that Boromir is out of the picture...she can consentrate on Legolas and Halidir. Yeah!
I really do feel for Mary Sue(I just love her name..lol). At first I hated her-she was such a brat! But now you have actually given her human emotions and I can relate.
Every chapter is perfect and please do keep up the great work! I know you may not update in a long time but I will be waiting for it!
Eleclya
fYr3 ph03nix chapter 21 . 2/1/2004
well, i'm a big procrastinator too so no worries.
but i have one suggestion, sometimes when you write dialogue, it doesn't seem...Middle-earthian. so maybe you could try to think more like them. that's all i believe. but other than that it's good so far.
and you don't have to hate yourself for making Elenmire a Mary Sue so realax and just go with the flow. i'll be waiting patiently for the next chapter.
-fYr3 ph03nix
Alina11 chapter 21 . 1/29/2004
this story is very good! mary-sue is portrayed well. she is what we all want to be (besides the snobby part) and we all hate her for it ;) and i really like you're heroine! her angst is very really, i mean she got a bit carried away in the beging but hell i would have been so tempted to do the same thing! i really hope you haven't given up on this story and that you start updating again soon!
Angel of the Night Watchers chapter 10 . 1/26/2004
Very good story so far. I am not yet done reading. But i love the triangle thing you have going between Boromir, Elenmire and Legolas. Update soon.
tomboy101 chapter 21 . 1/16/2004
*bursts out into tears* that's so sad!she can't be with one she loves!plz update soon!
IMPROVED Uber Rei Model 06 chapter 21 . 1/4/2004
Woah. I mean, WOAH.
This is absoultely the best OC fic I have EVER read. It's refreshign to see an OC fic where the character isn't some unearthly beauty. Amnd though Elenmire may not be as fair as the other elves, you really show that she is beautiful on the inside. And you even added a mary sue to the story-which shocked me a bit, but I was pleased none the less. Legolas really seems to be suffering. I felt bad for Boromir, as his fate was the same in the movie, but the way you wrote the death scene was so emotional. I was in tears, but then again I'm a sensitive person _().
So, Let's see...Elenmire now has...hm...wel, she has Legolas...yay...and Haldir, though I'm not sure about them.
I'm not going to push you to update, but I'll wait. - Now I'm off to read Simple and Clean (O_O Sauske, - Aw.. Naruto and Sakura and ;_; for Hinata)
Love triangle, ahoy! _()
Jenny Clever chapter 21 . 1/1/2004
Hey! I love your story... and I realize that learning sucks, and leaves next to no time for fanfic writing. :P But please don't forget about the story entirely... update once a year :D
Erm... might I make a suggestion? Listening to random music, I found a song that would be so perfect for your fic... you probably wouldn't want to add it in as a song or anything, but I don't know... maybe you could... use it for inspiration or something? So the song is "He Doesn't See Me", by Sarah Brightman... I think some other artists sing it too, but I'm not sure who.
Well... you don't have to do anything with it. Unless you are supremely bored. Keep writing, you have a great style!
abs chapter 13 . 12/25/2003
as a christmas przzie cud u update? ;)
Color-me-Happy chapter 21 . 12/21/2003
huh.
huh.
what can I say? I can't find the words right now. Sorry. Really. I am. For everything. Especially because I haven't reviewed this story before. Yes, story, not fanfic. This is above the stupid title of 'fanfic' which means, to me, a text about something the writer likes. You can call every text, even the stupid and ugly ones, fanfics, but, in my opinion, you need more than that for it to be a story. Anyone can write a fanfic, but there a quite of few who can write an actual story. I'm honoured to read this beautiful tale of yours and I'm looking forward to the chapters yet to come. I checked the updating day, an to my great greif it's been a long time since you last updated. Still, if you ARE going to continue writing, I'd be more than happy to continue reading, as well. But, as you wished before, I'm not trying to push you or give you any preasure, I'm simply trying to courage to you write this marvelous story for both of our sakes. But I fully understand if you decide otherwise for it surely is hard to please everyone and because of that you might not be willing to continue. Remember, YOU are the writer, so you have the right to make the story just the way you want it. Write for yourself, not for the readers.
I'm sorry for my english, it really isn't the best, try to bear with me.
kataffy8 chapter 21 . 9/16/2003
Hello!

I just started reading your story last week and have finally caught up to the last chapter. I want to let you know that it's great. I like the way you capture the emotion, specially at Boromir's death. *sniff* I think it's easy to turn him into a "bad guy" but he really doesn't deserve to be. Nice job! I do find it funny how Elenmire is going slightly Mary Sueish. I guess that just goes to show that we all have a little Mary Sue in us. Scary thought, huh?

I want to let you know that with your writing you have swayed my opinion of Haldir. I am an avide love or Legolas. I admit it! But the way you have portrayed Haldir has totally confused me as to which one I think Elenmire should go for! *sigh* I really do like how you have been developing the characters though. Even Mary Sue. :) As much as I dislike MarySues, I almost hope that she does get some kind of loving...as long as she grows up a little more and doesn't go through anymore snobby stages.

Also, I want to commend you on keeping up with the story! I am catching on that you have had some long breaks, but don't worry about. I'm going for my BS now and can't imagine taking anytime out of my crazy schedule to write. And by the way, if I fail my test tomorrow, I'm blaming it on you because I am sitting here reading your story when I should be study. Anywho, good luck with your studying too.

Wow, sorry this review is so long, but I figured you deserved something with substanance since this is my first review. Keep up the good work and make sure you have fun with the story, don't strain your brain. ;)

Toodles!

Kate
Melia chapter 21 . 9/15/2003
I LOVE THIS STORY!
MyDogAteMyPenname chapter 21 . 9/10/2003
i really love your story! i honestly have no critisism for you.

True, I'm one of those people who love Lord of the Rings, but haven't memorized everysingle little detail.

I kinda want Mary Sue to die. And I want Elen and Legolas to end up together. It would make me very very happy. :-P.

According to you profile, you love l/oc stuff. ME TOO! lol i don't really care if it's a cliché, unless it's badly written (not that i'm an excellent writer heh)

those people who have sent hate mail and reviews have NO RIGHT TO. YOUR STORY ROCKS!
Nuquarniel chapter 16 . 9/7/2003
OMG what's going to happen all along I thought I was certain Legolas would be with Elenmírë but now I'm really not sure _
660 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »