Reviews for Heroes of the Games- The 88th Hunger Games
wwheisenberg chapter 6 . 8/10/2013
Righteous!
FreeToRun chapter 6 . 8/9/2013
You updated! I'm so happy! :) District 2 is very interesting this year with no male volunteer and so Jagger was reaped. He was not your usual D2 tribute who was pushed by his parents to train for the games. I like how he added that he was going to win for himself alone. And I liked Cartatia as well. She appreciated the games and loved the games, but she's not crazy and blood thirsty. It will be interesting when these two meet! Nice chapter, update soon pleaseeeee!
Rachael torie b chapter 6 . 8/9/2013
That was an interesting chapter, and I'm sooo glad you updated! I thought for sure that you had abandoned it! But you didn't doo yay! Can't wait until the next chapter! :)
ViveLaChaos chapter 6 . 8/8/2013
Ohmygerd! Yay I though you weren't going to continue! And even better District 3 is next! I'm so happy! That's why I'm using exclaimation points! Lol I need a life. But I have one writing fanfiction! I'll shut up now.
FreeToRun chapter 5 . 7/14/2013
Yay you started the reapings! Lol yeah I'm a little late I know, but great chapter! I liked both these tributes and liked how they were different. Ciara was kind of funny with her typical arrogant personality and I found myself liking Ivan. He seems like a pretty good guy. They both have a strong desire to make it back, so that will be interesting when they have to interact with each other. Great chap update soon please this is off to a really good start! :)
wwheisenberg chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
Awesome! Glad you haven't abandoned this. Good writing. And don't sweat it! I know people get ancy but update when you can! Writing should be fun.
ViveLaChaos chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Yay you didn't abandoned it! ish so happy! can't wait for more updates!
Rachael torie b chapter 5 . 6/29/2013
Great chapter, it was worth the wait. Can't wait for the next update!
The Whispering Panda chapter 5 . 6/29/2013
I think you portrayed Ivan perfectly, Ben! And Ciara seems like quite the character. I wonder if someone will put her in her place in the Capitol or arena...
Glassgift chapter 4 . 5/12/2013
Hey, I really liked this chapter! It's good that you aren't afraid to push the boundries of the average SYOT, and I think you should work that into the reapings. They can be incredibly tedious sometimes, so experiment with different PoV and narratives... For example, District one could be from one tributes perspective, and there narrative might be factual and cold, if they are there to win and kill. Also, We can observe the other tributes through someone else "They looked brave, but they weren't fooling me...". Just inject a LOT of personality into each tribute, because that is what makes each reaping individual. Concentrate more on their body language and reactions than their appearences; I can't stand SYOTs where the reapings are; "He had brown hair and blue eyes. She had blonde hair and green eyes. They were both crying." Work with all the stuff we put in the forms, and if the character is more itntroverted, show that in their actions, or if more confident, show that in the narrative.

I would love to be your Beta, but I have so Many exams this Summer, and I have literally no time, but feel free to pm me for advice in structure/phrasing/ideas, because I will hapily help. I just can't guarantee a full chapter edit on a deadline, and I don't want to let this story down :)

I think your new character in chapter 4 is quite interesting, though I also enjoyed the narrative of chapter one, he brought humour to the story, which will be much needed, especially when the killings begin.

Good luck for the reapings, and pm me any time.
The Whispering Panda chapter 4 . 5/10/2013
Kay, so you're using Ivan and Elsie - great! I'm glad you finally got all your characters!

I like how each chapter is so descriptive; it really gives us a picture of what the scene and each character looks like.

I'm really intrigued by the president's plan to kill Caesar, and how that will play out. She's my favorite thus far, and the most interesting, but that may change as the story progresses.

Great chapter!
Rachael torie b chapter 4 . 5/10/2013
Great job on the chapter, it was awesome! Oh, and by the way, the characters so far are great too! :)
wwheisenberg chapter 4 . 5/10/2013
Awesome! I like the MC the best of all the Capitol folks. And interesting to learn her main motivation is money-maybe she'll be corruptible and some cunning tribute can use that to his or her advantage.

As for the reapings, I wouldn't necessarily pick one way to do them every time. The reapings get super tedious either way. Sometimes you might feel inspired to write three, but other times you might feel so burnt out that you can barely finish two. You should write them however you want! I also wouldn't choose the formula for one tribute to do pre-reaping and another tribute to do goodbyes etc, because maybe the tributes backgrounds or personalities don't lend themselves to that formula. It's certainly a good way to keep it fresh, but leave it more open! Maybe a tribute has a cat or something and you write the goodbye from the animal's perspective (this idea just came to me and maybe it's a terrible one haha idk but don't be afraid to get creative and spice them up!).

Regardless, what you have written so far is really good and I'm confident that the reapings will go just as well!
FreeToRun chapter 3 . 4/28/2013
Love the beginning chapters! Can't wait for the story to start!
Glassgift chapter 3 . 4/27/2013
Review Time.

You have some bitchin' Gamemakers there, good job. Also you're not afraid to fuck up Katniss' world as we left it. I like it, please, continue.

How about we make a deal? You have my solemn permission to write 3 reapings a time, as long as you don't write only three lines a chapter, if you get my gist.

All my luck for the reapings, even though that's hardly much,

AdiĆ³s