Reviews for October and April
GlysMari chapter 41 . 22h ago
Very nice job with the way Anara worried first for Bethany after the devastating loss of their mother. Fenris's behavior, after all was said and done, made my heart glad. A perfect and truly beautiful, healing moment for this perfect couple.
bfloyd chapter 41 . 2/26
Hello Roark,

I will begin by saying that I have enjoyed the works of fanfiction authors for many a year now, witnessing writings of every quality and subject, so I feel rather confident in my next assessment.

You are, without a doubt, my absolute favorite author in the entirety of the fanfiction community (at absolute minimum) and are in my own opinion better than many or even most professional authors. Your works are at once so deeply moving as to seem almost fictional by that standard alone, and yet you make them so very real that I have on more than one ocassion fallen into the worlds and scenes you craft. That Bioware has not snatched you up for their writing team yet is a mystery which I will never truly comprehend, for you do things with their worlds and their characters that I would gladly pay for any amount of extraneous features in order to see the two united.

I apologize if I come across as overzealous, but I do want you to know that you have crafted a masterpiece of the written word in this and your other stories, and I am waiting with bated breath for your next chapter.

Sincerely, a fan who is joyous to see your return.
Fendie chapter 41 . 2/27
Oh wow. I found this little nugget the other day and I've been steadily ignoring other obligations to read this. It's amazing! I just love the dynamic between Fenris and Hawke! They are so utterly complex while still managing to be light hearted and adorable. The idea of making Hawke pretend to be a man in order to gain respect was just brilliant and you executed it very well.

This chapter here. Heart wrenching! And you managed to take Fenris (awkward and weird)in-game dialogue and make it work with the complex character you've built around him. Kudos for that!

In short. I love this. Every bit of it. I can't wait for more! But while I wait I'm going to pop over to your Mass Effect story and work my way through that one too :)
shom chapter 41 . 2/24
So glad to see you're back! What a great chapter! I knew what was going to happen but I'm still crying my eyes out anyway!
Dr Pantalons chapter 41 . 2/25
Oh god. Oh god. OH GOD. I powered my way through this in pretty much one sitting, and the amount of various feelings I have felt on this journey have left me just about as drained as I imagine Hawke must feel.

You took Dragon Age II and turned it into even more of a remarkable and compelling story than it already was. Just as I couldn't stop playing the game when I first started, I couldn't tear myself away from this story. Anara is an amazing character, and the way that Fenris thinks about her is pretty much the most beautiful thing ever. I don't have the exact line in front of me, but a few chapters back when Fenris though along the lines of "the sun will rise, wounds will heal, and Anara will be beautiful", I had to stop and reread the line at least five times. You just have such stunning writing that really drags the readers in and demands we feel what the characters must.

You've definitely got yourself a faithful reader in me. I'm looking forward to the rest of Anara's tale!
Dame Mond chapter 41 . 2/25
I am going to scream.

Wow. This Hawke -Anara- got me from the first chapter, the alter ego detail? Genius, also well played, very well played. I got sucked in the story as I kept reading, and I finally reached the end. I loved her attitude, how Varric played with her keeping her public male persona (and the part when she smacked him on the head when he called her the "ladies' man" got me to laugh. Call me simple, but it was one of my favourite parts. Among The Hawk avoiding his fans). Then Fenris found out on his own, but said nothing, and I loved this story even more. Then I read Hawke's thoughts on Isabela and I fell in love -even more-. Then, Fenris' thoughts on being Anders' rival to keep him on his toes, and jackpot, combo, whatever. I'm in too deep. Too late for me to be saved, please, save yourselves instead *dramatical sob*

Ahem.

Might sound funny, but whenever the mask appeared I kept thinking that Hawke -does- have a mask in the Mage pack set 1, the Apostate's Mask. I kept imagining her with that one (whoops).

Amazing job in this story, allow me to follow their adventures until the end.
Radanis Son Of Hades chapter 41 . 2/24
Shit, that was intense. Loved it!
White.Demon.Feathers chapter 41 . 2/24
OH! RIGHT IN THE FEEEEEELS!
How terrible, how miserable! How absolutely accurate! I totally thought the game just kinda glossed over this incredible pain. I knew it would, because that wasn't the point of the game. And the way Fenris comes to comfort Hawke even after he left her was still a little weird and awkward without the game addressing it. So well done! WELL DONE!

No don't keep me waiting; for that much pain I deserve the next chapter as soon as possible.
Arialla MacAllister chapter 41 . 2/24
Oh, this was the best!

I loved, loved, loved it when Fenris offered to race her to the coast. The angry outburst, the sobbing, and Fenris' reaction when Anara mirrors his own sentiment of "I'm not worthy of love" all had me holding my breath.

This chapter was well worth the wait. I'l be eagerly anticipating the next one.
IndecisiveMiss chapter 41 . 2/24
T_T Your interpretation of the aftermath was wonderful and very in character. I like how Fenris didn't have comforting words but knew she'd benefit by coping through running. And I liked seeing through his perspective how torn he was.
Fireyrose00 chapter 41 . 2/24
Im so very glad that you are back. This story is truly wonderful. Very well done!
Reilovernat1213 chapter 41 . 2/24
Super glad to see you back again! Amazing chapter as always. This is my favorite Fenris/Hawke fic and I was elated to see it get updated overnight. Hope all is well, take care and I (we) eagerly await the next one! :)
MusicologyMom chapter 41 . 2/24
You handled this chapter so beautifully. Tears are running down my face, even as I type this. My heart just breaks for Hawk during this scene in the game no matter how many times I have played it, and you have perfectly captured both her pain and Fenris' in your story.
LostSpace chapter 41 . 2/24
Smart choice to have Anara decide to spin the tale of her mother's death that way. I imagine Anara would want to present Leandra's death in a more respectable way, as she believes her mother would want it. The ending was so very appropriate (but I guess we'll see what happens in the morning? But I hope it sticks). What happened to Gascard DuPuis?

Very glad to have you back with us!
DONOVAN94 chapter 41 . 2/24
I nearly cried. I knew this was coming, but damn you, you nearly made me cry. Bravo.
Its good t have you back and I can't wait to see what happens next! Fenris needs to tell Hawke how he feels, he needs to! And I recognised the song! It was brilliantly picked!