Reviews for October and April
Fireyrose00 chapter 43 . 4h
Please please don't give up this story is my favorite! I wish I could write as effertlessly as you seem to. Your chapters just flow so well. Your words make hawke come to life. You make her so real. She isn't just this perfect hero that fixes everything for everyone. I cannot wait to see how you end her story. But I do have to say this, I so love how you did Zevran here, cause I have always wondered who would win in a fight between him and fenris. But as always job very well done!
PickleDillo chapter 43 . 5/28
You ever read something so expertly handled and written that you have this irrational fear and hesitation about reading anything else in the same genre, simply because you know they aren't that ONE story you love? That's what I get from this story. I have read it over countless times and only now have the sense to submit a review. Your story is lovingly made and handsomely put together and I enjoy every word of it. I love that you've given the characters depth and connection and that you haven't just parroted previous scripts and hope that such a thing entertains us.

I enjoy that you've handled the transitions from one arc to another remarkably well (I struggle with time-skips like a fish struggles to walk) and I love that you've fit in a nice little story into all of them so there isn't just a gaping space of wasted potential.

I understand life makes things very inconsistent, so I have to say bravo to you for mustering up the will and want to post for your story. May you continue to find that same strength and inspiration to do so for however many chapters you have left in this story.
So sorry you weren't feeling well! I had strep throat twice this year, so I feel your pain! I was super excited to see that you had updated this story. I love the way that you write and I really like this story. Zevran was a great narrator. I don't usually review but I know it means a lot to you! Feel better, in every sense. I am sending you good vibes!
Noprobbob chapter 43 . 5/25
I really liked the way you wrote Zevran. He's a favorite character of mine and it was really awesome to see him written so well! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well :(
I just wanted to say that I think your Zevran is dead on! Your dialogue has always been on of the strongest parts of your stories, and everything you wrote for Zevran, I could picture so clearly coming out of his mouth! I know it's been busy and hard (night shift takes a lot out of you, I know ) but you have genuine talent, and the world would be less interesting without your stories.
elcafardo chapter 43 . 5/25
I love your playfull zevran ! Thx you for continuing this story and sorry to notre always leaving you reviews. You deserv to know how much this story is good and make me smile :) so thank you again !
GlysMari chapter 43 . 5/25
Storm clouds on life's horizon have done nothing to overshadow your ability to write. This chapter was wonderful. Zevran was everything I imagined he would be. When you delve into the minds and hearts of your characters, they not only become real; they become personal and precious to your readers... not to mention unforgettable. I must admit that much of this tale has become game canon in my mind. Thanks for not giving up. I like what you write Roark.
RPGgirl514 chapter 43 . 5/25
Ahhhh this is what fantasies are made of! Fenris and Zevran dueling. I love it.
Bloodwitch Raven chapter 43 . 5/25
I'm gonna enjoy the next chapter...
Elementess chapter 43 . 5/25
That was fantastic! Im really looking forward to more talks between Zev and Fen, and certainly what Hawke thinks of what may become an odd friendship.
Amylianna chapter 43 . 5/25
I can hear their voices in my head as you write.
They're so in character, yet fresh and intriguing, different from the game story, elaborating if you will.
Even if you quit this story, which I will cry about as I am loving it, as i have for others you've written, please don't stop writin and sharing.
Your writing is a pleasure to read all of itself.
PlaysWithScissors chapter 43 . 5/25
I just wanted to say hi and I'm loving the story! I'm still here and will read anything you write! I always love seeing there is an update. The interaction between Zevran and Fenris at the end was my favorite. It was perfectly in character for them both. Cheers! :)
ela11 chapter 43 . 5/25
From the very beginning it was clear that Zevran was going to have fun with Fenris, and that our beloved Fenris was only going to get madder under the mercy of such a carefree character as Zev.
Giving us Zevran's point of view was fabulous! Every word and thought was totally Zevran, and I was torn between enjoying the hell out of it, and pitying Fenris for being played so easily.
This was fantastic, and I'm certainly not doing you justice in this review, but know that you're a wonderful writer! :)
s0phtt chapter 43 . 5/25
Wow, Fenris is just so cute when he's mad... I' dying to see them get back together ;-; hey, your story is awesome, please, keep writing even if it takes long...don't give up :)
Bloodyravenheart13 chapter 43 . 5/25
God you are just a brilliant writer. Just reading this chapter brought back so much nostalgia for me when I romances Zevran and Fenris in their games (they are my favorite romances) and you wrote them so well it was almost like hearing them speak in the game again. You capture the characters so perfectly it's almost a sin. I await your next chapter excited to see what these beloved characters do next.