Reviews for Holding out for a Hero
DisneyGirl10 chapter 65 . 3/21
I finally finished it! And I have to say, this was a great story! And I kinda do see Erik pairing up with a blonde, that's always the case in these Erik x OC stories. Anyway, great job! ;D
Luca chapter 65 . 12/1/2017
Greetings from Uruguayo! Hice story!
KyloRen'sgirl213 chapter 1 . 10/18/2017
This is interesting to read
Earthsong1 chapter 65 . 5/4/2017
I have to say this has been the most intensed story I have read since starting to read FanFiction. It was great! Great job with the story. Are you gonna do a sequel with belle and Gustave?
UMG8031 chapter 65 . 4/17/2017
Dang, I loved this story, too. I went searching for Erik/OC stories again and stumbled across this. I didn't realize it was the same author of "Dancing Through Life" until about five chapters in. You are such a great writer! I enjoyed reading Katja and Erik's story as much as I enjoyed Mia and Erik's story. Both very different concepts, but equally good.

As hard as it was to read about Katja's time with the gypsies (I do skip the explicit sex scenes, etc. because I've never been into reading or writing that), it was also interesting to learn more about them and the awful things they did to people. Well, this group anyway. Reading Katja's story gave a glimpse into what Erik went through. I just can't even imagine. No wonder they're both such a mess. Abuse of any kind is hard to overcome even years later.

The beginning of the story was really fascinating, especially after Erik rescued Katja because for several chapters she didn't speak at all, yet you still managed to capture her as a character and keep me interested in her. That's hard to do with no dialogue. I actually think it just added to her character and the effect of what the abuse did to her. Her temporary silence really built on her terror. You definitely grasped the consequences of abuse very well. It was believable.

I actually really liked how you wrote Erik in this story, too. He's such a finicky character as far as his personality goes. He can go from one extreme to another at the drop of a pin. You incorporated that nicely throughout this whole story. I'm glad you didn't write that out of him as the story went on because something tells me no amount of love could completely erase Erik's mood swings.

Nadir cracked me up. I know he's a character from the book, which I'm in the middle of right now. I love how he just annoys the crap out of Erik and doesn't take any of his bullshit. I really appareciated the hint of comedy relief in him.

Anyway, thank you for another great read. I may just stalk your profile and see what other stories you have going. Be well.

-Fearless
Tenshineko01 chapter 28 . 5/20/2016
Dawww, yes! So much emotions!
nibblesfanfan chapter 65 . 5/17/2016
AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! It's over! I can't believe it! I loved this story soooo much! Great job nibblesfan... Btw I'm probably your biggest fan!
Tenshineko01 chapter 23 . 5/15/2016
Ohhh dear.
Tenshineko01 chapter 20 . 5/15/2016
Dang. Poor Katja and Erik.
Tenshineko01 chapter 17 . 5/15/2016
Can I bring Javert back to life so I can kill him myself? *Is sharpening her sword.*
Tenshineko01 chapter 16 . 5/14/2016
Ohhh dear, Erik you better not torture yourself over this. It was an accident.
Tenshineko01 chapter 15 . 5/14/2016
What if Katja's dreaming of the girl that was helping her? Sorry I forgot her name.
Tenshineko01 chapter 13 . 5/14/2016
Singing: You're safe, no one can harm you, my words will warm and calm you~

*gets hit on the head by a brick* Ok I'll stop.
Tenshineko01 chapter 12 . 5/14/2016