Reviews for The Narrow Path
melliemoo chapter 28 . 6/10/2014
Sigh. This was amazing. I think you are one of the best writers on this site, and I hope you will try to publish something if you haven't already and become a famous author.
melliemoo chapter 12 . 6/5/2014
This was a very emotionally intense chapter.
beserkerbeast chapter 28 . 6/4/2014
love this story and the others great job
ishiptoast chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
Let's just say that your writing is so perfect... And I love it:)
Kermitty chapter 28 . 12/10/2013
Oh Christ, that made me cry for the last couple of chapters. I really need to finish some homework and start prepping my Christmas dinner for tomorrow, but I couldn't stop reading this. I wish there was more. But the ending was really lovely. Thank you so much for these amazing stories. I really enjoyed your extension of the established canon, and I still wish I could have these stories in actual books so I could put them on my bookshelves.

Kudos to you and your awesome talent at writing.

idleness chapter 28 . 11/27/2013
Thanks for writing this, I really enjoyed it. It's a huge effort you've put in. Haymitch was probably my favourite character. I'll check out some of your other stories when I have time. It looks like you're prolific! :-)
Peaceful Sunrise chapter 28 . 11/20/2013
Oh wow. I started reading this series a while back, but I lost track of it, and now that I've found it again, I'm reminded of how amazing it is. In my opinion, you're an even better writer than Suzanne Collins herself. The realism with which you write and portray your characters and scenarios is absolutely amazing. Reading this story, I felt like I was reading a real novel. I love how you've delved deeper into canon, explaining how things happened, who caused them to happen, the story behind the story. When reading the Hunger Games series, I was often disappointed that there was little backstory for many of the points and characters. What happened in the other Hunger Games? How did the other victors win? What did they do after? What really goes on the Capitol and District 13? What about the people watching the Games, the ones in the district? What were they thinking? You've answered all these questions and more brilliantly. The fact that you did not change anything from canon and even kept the same lines, and yet you managed to make it a unique story, your own, is especially impressive to me.
Your characters are well rounded and fleshed out. The "minor" characters in the books are given full personalities, so much that you grow to love them even more than the "main" characters. The OCs don't feel at all like typical OCs, but like real characters that just happened to not be named in the books. The emotions and relationships you put in never detract away from the plot, or feel desperately forced in. Effie and Haymitch together becomes believable because the way you've written their relationship is just perfect. The slow evolution from annoying escort and mocking drunk to two people who are concerned about each other, to two people who are friends, and care about each other, to finally love. Not all love stories are dramatic narratives, but a slow falling in love that's never easy, but it's right.
There is so much more I can say about your story, so much more I can gush about. The smoothness of the plot, the realism of the story, the ties to the modern day, the beautiful little details that just make the story wonderful... Reading this was like enjoying a good meal. You're not overstuffed, but everything is just right. This story is just chock full of amazing everything, and is brilliant in every single aspect. My only regret is that it is now over, but I will certainly come back to reread it again and again, because the thing about good stories is that you can never have enough of them. Well done.
vifetoile89 chapter 27 . 10/17/2013
Suzanne Collins, take note. THIS is how you bring The Hunger Games trilogy to a satisfying conclusion, with catharsis and closure for all.
typicalRAinbow chapter 28 . 10/16/2013
I was recommended this story and really enjoyed it. It really compliments Catching Fire and fantastic detail through out. Now I'm off to read the rest of your series :D
jewelpearl chapter 28 . 10/2/2013
Wow. Again. Well done... You are not only a terrifically talented writer, but a very satisfying one as well. I have really enjoyed your stories from Delly's, Peeta's, and especially Haymitch's perspectives.

One thing that I really liked was the Charlie Flynn/Caesar Flickerman story. That would be a very interesting place to go for a new POV. Well done... Again...
jewelpearl chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
This is amazing... And so very hard to read... It's a cathartic, good kind of pain... Well done you...
jewelpearl chapter 2 . 10/1/2013
Greatest line ever - He snores like some kind of mutt engineered to shake a house down.

2nd best line ever - I promptly name the contraption "Effie,"
Mongoosie chapter 28 . 8/9/2013
loved this series of stories! only wish I had was peeta being at the destruction of the 25th quell arena and explaining why - to me that seems like a good demon
Sydne Claire chapter 18 . 8/3/2013
I nearly cried when I read that the cat's name was Sweetheart. And, even though I didn't review on the earlier chapters, when Katniss broke down and reached out for Haymitch I nearly lost it. I love that he sees himself as the kids' father. This story is so well written and canon-compliant that I know that in the future I will subconsciously forget this is fanfiction (along with the other 3 stories you have written in this universe) and try and remember what book these events occurred in. You have a whole bunch of talent in that brain of yours. Also, though I had a definite fondness for Haymitch before, you have increased it by 10 times.
T.H.G.babe chapter 28 . 7/1/2013
That was amazing! I spent a long time reading this story on my iPod..I couldn't put it down! Excellent perspective of blew me away! Please continue to write in the future...ill be looking forward to them!
159 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »