Reviews for The Wisest Course
Didi74 chapter 6 . 2/28
Hello, just a small review to say that I have read and loved this story. I would like to know if you are planning to update it or not ?
I would like to know what kind of changes this could give ?
TheNotSoNiceLibrarian chapter 6 . 5/15/2014
Never really considered a CullenxHawke fic before...but this is pretty cute...probably helps that i can't stand Anders lol. Good job so far :)
WynBird chapter 6 . 6/19/2013
Bravo!
This chapter really answered my questions and did away with my concerns. I'm really loving Eliza, and I feel for her struggles. The way you create conflict is just so engaging. Incredible stuff.
servantofclio chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
Excellent little tiff! Anders seems very... Anders.
Gamine chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
This was just perfect.

There's something so inexorable about the sea: the way it rolls and crashes and pulls at the unsuspecting, carving rocks and breaking ships and leaving a roaring silence behind. I love how the setting on the Wounded Coast (and that name's never been more apt) echoes what Hawke and Cullen don't even realize is happening until it's upon them.

Because if this had been less abrupt, less overwhelming, if they'd been more aware and less helpless, then it would be so much more calculated, so much colder. Hawke is committed to Anders, but he's destroyed what they had, and yet she's in so deep - by his deliberate machination - that she can neither heal the breach nor make the break. She has to support him, as much as she can, that's who she is. But it isn't love, not anymore. She's only just beginning to realize, perhaps not even consciously, that the man she loved is gone, subsumed in the entity known as Vengeance. And she is still trying to do the right thing, walk a line that nobody should ever have to walk.

But the thing is, Cullen's walking right beside her. And in the midst of all that pain over what she's lost and what Anders has become is this solid presence, someone she can lean on and trust, and she didn't realize what that meant or what it could mean until *right then*.

And now they have to pretend it never happened, because Anders. My heart bleeeeeeds...
KatDancer2 chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
Ohhhhh myyyyyyyyy.

I would NOT want to be Eliza if/when Anders and Merill find out.
WynBird chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
First off, I totally read: "Sneaky, crafty, cunning, devious cheater!" in Gollum's voice. *shot* Please, forgive me.
Anyway, I really love this story and the dynamics between the characters are interesting as all get out. You have a nice, fluid writing style that's easy to read without being simplistic. I'm really looking forward to future chapters.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to offer some friendly critique. These are just a couple of things that ran through my head while I was reading, do with them what you like. )
1. She started training with Cullen behind Anders' back. Obviously everyone who's played Dragon Age II knows what a dirty-rotten liar Anders turns into right before the end, but I'd really like to see some more interaction(or, perhaps more appropriately, attempted!-interaction) between him and Hawke mixed in between her training sessions with Cullen. It seems like she still possesses mixed feelings about the apostate, but after she struggled to take the first step against him, that tension point - which is what piqued my interest in the story to start with - almost vanished. Which brings me to my second point.
2. I don't know how long this story is going to be, but the intimacy between Eliza and Cullen feels very abrupt. The first brush on the lips was startling in a good way, but I don't know enough about the two's relationship yet for the kisses after that to feel as meaningful as they should have been. The scene was beautifully written, but it did come across as excessive. It seems to me that Cullen would have been conflicted enough by one relatively mild show of affection that the two of them would take a step back from one another. As a reader, I would've liked to have been "starved" for intimacy between them a little longer.

Overall, though, I love what you're doing with this story and I love the direction it's taking. ) Thanks so much for sharing it with the rest of us!
servantofclio chapter 3 . 4/14/2013
One of the things I'm enjoying in this story is Varric's role as Eliza's friend and sounding board; it's a really nice dynamic.
servantofclio chapter 2 . 4/6/2013
Having played the Anders romance myself, I can so identify with Eliza's unhappiness and crisis of confidence here.
KatDancer2 chapter 2 . 4/6/2013
my. Honestly a good beginning and even as an avid Anders Fangirl, this story is intriguing thus far. Yes, seeking Templar talents... it makes sense.

I can't wait for the next installment.
Opethia chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I can't wait to read the next part. I've always thought Hawke would have to be unforgivably stupid to not grow suspicious of Anders. I hope that rat bastard gets what he deserves! (And if Cullen's involved, more the better!) I think Eliza is well characterized. Very deceptive, potentially manipulative, but introspective, wants to know herself, and it seems like she uses her charm for good! Reminds of another literary Lizzie...