Reviews for Harry Potter and the Long Summer
Janie.ohio chapter 1 . 4/28
sweet story. thanks!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/21
Excellent story! Vernon's story sounds probable. Pity Hermione is too trusting of authority figures and too stupid to recognize abuse when she sees it.
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 1 . 2/7
As with many of your stories I have read, I wish there was more to this.
Fick Chick chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
This was good. I'd like to see it continued.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 10/23/2017
I've never wanted to rip people to shreds more than I do the damn Dursleys; I dunno whether to praise you for eliciting that kind of response, or be angry that you could make me feel so murderous…
9551832-Delete-account-please chapter 1 . 8/22/2017
Aww that was really good story.
HermioneSnapeLestrange chapter 1 . 8/16/2017
I just read this and got to the end thinking please let this not be a one shot. Darn it it is! I see a lot of potential with this continuing, but even if it doesn't this was great. I loved it! Not your typical HP stories.
BlossomMM00 chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
I like how you said that if he ate to much he would get sick. I was just thinking about that and that was never addressed in the books. Very good story I enjoyed it very much.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 7/4/2017
Sorry but that is why it's impossible to right Harry being rescued from the Dursley's and sticking to canon because nothing is being done legal wise to keep Harry protected.

The *Bashing Dumbledore* fics at least uses/utilize the legal system. I've even seen one fic where Rita Skeeter doesn't like the sound of Harry being abused and finds out on her own.
Melindaleo chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
Even though I love the Weasley brothers rescuing Harry, I love this version of McGonagall coming to his aid and discovering the abuse. I, too, believe it was abuse. Even if they never raised a hand to him - and I don't believe that judging by the little we saw, and more telling, what Harry said - the lack of food and verbal abuse was still abuse. I also happen to agree with you about Snape. While I love a good rescue story, the Snape ones always stretch credibility too far for me. I think Snape would physically protect Harry at all cost, but I don't think he'd care one whit about Harry's emotional well being. Well done!

If I had any criticism at all, it would be my own pet peeve. I don't like fixing his eyes. If you close your eyes and picture Harry, those iconic glasses always come immediately to mind. Whenever I read a story where the glasses are taken away, it doesn't stay with me, and I'm always jolted out of the story when reminded. Just my .02 on it.
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 3/7/2017
simple but easy reading. This is could easily have been part of canon well almost...lol
Special Fangirl chapter 1 . 2/6/2017
It's amazeeeeeee 3
whitee5 chapter 1 . 1/2/2017
I love this idea. I have read a lot of Snape rescues Harry stories, but you're right that McGonagall seems like a more likely candidate to do so. Please post if someone decides to continue the story!
Yuu101cutie chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
Please add to this story. I love the idea and would like to see where you would take it from there. How the Professor would help Harry? What the school ends up finding out? Harry changing his friends even. To saving Ginny beforehand. How knows.
Alicia Olivia Mirza chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
Hey!
I agree that this makes a lot more sense than Snape taking him :3 Nice stoy!
Oh, how I wish I had a potion like tnat ;)