Reviews for Thanks to Crookshanks
Epave Belle chapter 1 . 7/11
I should not have read this at work. No I should not have.

Beautiful work though. The was a bittersweet in the best way.
Lovely
payneblack chapter 1 . 6/1
this was beautiful
Seth7 chapter 1 . 4/28
Cute but sad and happy story at the same time. Great job! :D
Bewitchedgal chapter 1 . 2/19
we were forced to put our cat down when he was 18 years old. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. The best decision was getting him. He was loved deeply and returned that love many times over. He made us laugh and we so enjoyed his company. His name was Shenzi and even after three years there is still a hole in my heart. I grieved his death for a full year. We finally got another cat, a rescue kitten, we love dearly and as life would have it my daughter could not keep her cat so we adopted him too. We went from a sad, lonely catless house to one brimming over with play and joy.
shan.bakke chapter 1 . 1/23
This brought a tear to my eyes. My "Crooks" was 24 years old when he went off to Kings Cross Station. A part of me thinks that he met our dear snarky bastard of a Slytherin there...
RedPhoenix13 chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
You don't know how I cried while reading this. It's been a long time since a story made me cry like that.
I've never owned a cat myself, but your narration of this story echoes the day we had to put our dog Bambi to sleep. I held her through the end. That was in 2011, the summer before my last semester of college.
I also worked in an animal shelter for three years, and I worked often with the cats there. With your description of Crookshanks, he could have been any one of the cats that we had there. Some went unadopted for a long time for one reason or another. But just like Crookshanks, some of those found a forever family at last. We also offered euthanasia services for those who couldn't afford to take their pets to a vet's office when it was time to say goodbye. I never performed the euthanasia myself, but I worked in the admissions room with the families bringing them in. It never got easier, but it was good our shelter had those services.
Your story spoke to my heart, so thank you. And I know it's been two years - two and a half, I guess - but you have my sympathy for the loss of your cat, and my congratulations on your wedding.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
Beautifully done. Went through the same thing w/2 dogs who were with us for decades. I was doing 'ok' until I saw my husband-strong macho man-crying, then I lost it, kinda like Hermoine here. Anyone who has gone through it understands. Miss my canine girls every day. Like the way you worked the love story into this. What a lovely tribute to your feline friend.
disillusionist9 chapter 1 . 9/17/2015
I very nearly cried with this one, the length of the story was perfect. No long-drawn out explanations that aren't necessary here.

Goodness, I love Crookshanks!
patriziapalmas1973 chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
YunaNara chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
thats sooooooooooo sweet
ksouza3 chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Such a sweet and heart-wrenching story! It brought me to tears witb all the feels!
Aureleis chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
As a person who lives with a cat (he owns me, I don't own him!), I felt this fic very strongly. Nicely done!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
Beautiful story, eloquent. And congrats!
Doctorharrysherlock chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
Brought me to tears and reminded me of my cat Tabithia who died a few years back.