Reviews for Thanks to Crookshanks
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 10/14
That was lovely.

I hope that your marriage is going well and that your grief for DC has eased.
tinapo85 chapter 1 . 10/6
I am weeping while sitting here surrounding by two middle-aged cats, an 8 week old puppy, my husband and the best good boy, dog who is starting to age. I have a special relationship with my dog and this really gutted me.
Erika Rexen chapter 1 . 8/29
You are tremendously talented at wringing deeply uncontrollable emotions from your readers. Having just had to take my 2 brother cats that were almost 18 to the vet a month ago, I sincerely would have rather had Severus to handle it instead. They did allow me to hold them as they gave the shots, and I bawled inconsolably after they were gone.

Crookshanks as you've written him is the epitome of my one boy, Bonehead. He was just as fearless and meddlesome. Having just discovered this story tonight, I had to say thank you. I wept through almost this entire story, as I held his urn. I am honestly still crying. This was beautifully written and expressed precisely how the loss feels. I still grieve for my 21 year old Kiki that I lost 5 years ago, and I wish I had found this then. Your story shares how others have faced this loss, it hurts and yet makes me feel less alone in my pain. Than you again, even though it has been years since your loss.
394egapotnrut chapter 1 . 8/15
This was beautiful, amazing and heart wrenching...
I loved it
LissaDream chapter 1 . 4/30
Awwwww, lovely.
Cats should not die until we do. The end.
PlatonicLovers chapter 1 . 1/18
This is so sweet and sentimental, thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry for your loss! Absolutely beautifully written!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/30/2016
I just found your beautiful story. By the end I was sobbing and smiling. wonderfully written.
DudettRin101 chapter 1 . 12/8/2016
I know this is rather old, but I've just come across it. This broke my heart. Beautiful in a very sad way.
Shadow.SSJ chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
While reading this, I couldn't help but to hold my cat in my arms. Sne was annoyed, but in the end she calmed down and started purring.
QuinnzelRose chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
I should not have read this at work. No I should not have.

Beautiful work though. The was a bittersweet in the best way.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
Lovely
payneblack chapter 1 . 6/1/2016
this was beautiful
Seth7 chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
Cute but sad and happy story at the same time. Great job! :D
Bewitchedgal chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
we were forced to put our cat down when he was 18 years old. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. The best decision was getting him. He was loved deeply and returned that love many times over. He made us laugh and we so enjoyed his company. His name was Shenzi and even after three years there is still a hole in my heart. I grieved his death for a full year. We finally got another cat, a rescue kitten, we love dearly and as life would have it my daughter could not keep her cat so we adopted him too. We went from a sad, lonely catless house to one brimming over with play and joy.