Reviews for Thicker'n Blood
tdfscs chapter 12 . 3/14/2014
this was just amazing.. and perfectly written too, I love it
xenascully chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
Where have you been all my life
xenascully chapter 4 . 12/3/2013
You've got these characters nailed. Love it!
xenascully chapter 2 . 12/3/2013
Nice dialogue!
Fox Loves Shinigami chapter 12 . 10/10/2013
Awesome fic the ending, Merle's send off with the bottle of whiskey was the perfect way for it to end. You did an amazing job keeping everyone in character and I love how you have Rick and Daryl's relationship as something that can't really be defined. Keep up the great work _ Ja.
Kipcha chapter 12 . 5/7/2013
I just wanted to drop a review saying that I absoloutly adore your fic.

Normally, I am not a huge fan of rehashing the same scenes from a show, it feels like it usually really limits a person's creativity and considering I've seen every episode repeatedly, it's a bit dull. There are rare cases where I feel like an author takes the idea of expanding on scenes that we have watched already and really does well with it. Luckily, THIS is one of the fics that really does this extremely well!

You mixed original scenes and canon EXTREMELY well, I want to congratulate you on that. Great work.

While I am not a fan of the idea of a romantic relationship between Rick and Daryl, I tend to read the really well written Daryl/Rick fics regardless of and romance. You had an amazing relationship written out here that felt authentic and thought out, not to mention very natural for the characters. You took the characters and wrote them realistically, rather than a lot of other authors who I really don't think "get" the two of them (Particularily Daryl, I feel that a lot of people write their "ideal" Daryl rather then who he actually is).

I also want to mention that the Daryl/Merle relationship was perfect!

Kudos to you, your fic is joining my favorites and I will certainly be reading more from you!
NormanReedusProblem chapter 11 . 5/7/2013
I wrote a review at the end of chapter 12 and just said I loved it but I think I was in a state of shock and unable to give the kind of review this deserves. Now that it's sunk in and I've been able to formulate a thought... Here's a better review...

This is... EXACTLY what I would want the show to be if I could change anything about it. The 'deleted scenes' you've written in within the actual storyline of the show are so perfect and seamless.

Giving Daryl a proper reaction to killing zombie Merle and then Rick having to help this mess of a person that he loves was so gut-wrenching and perfect.

The part where you address the 'your' vs. 'You're' confusion was genius.

The way you talk as the author but sort of also as Rick, also genius. How do you DO that? Lol. You must be southern? I wish I could write half as good as you. I hate my Rickyl fic I'm writing now. I will have to take a day to get over it and start chapter 3 lol.

The only thing I would add would be to have a couple more physical (kissing or more) moments between Rick and Daryl. Let them have more quiet moments alone not just to talk or sit there but to be passionate with each other.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It touched my heart. Thank you for this story. 3
NormanReedusProblem chapter 12 . 5/7/2013
This was so unbelievably perfect and well written. I didn't want it to end.
purehalo chapter 12 . 4/30/2013
This was an amazing story , thank you so much for sharing it !
purehalo chapter 11 . 4/30/2013
I'm sat here reading this and crying. So heart breaking and beautifully written.
purehalo chapter 5 . 4/30/2013
I'm a happy puddle of goo with this chapter . Loved that moment between Rick and Daryl!
purehalo chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
"Rick figures that's his cue to step in, before Daryl goes and breaks something important.

Like the roof."

Awesome !

And this chapter made me melt
purehalo chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
GO RICK! The restraint he had to show, out of pure respect for Daryl , had me shouting for him to smack Merle on the nose! I love that exchange between the two. You really have the characters down perfectly, its playing out like missing scenes from the episodes!
purehalo chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Just found this gem of a fic and already i'm hooked. I love how you write the characters and the way Rick watches Daryl is just how I imagine it would be. I can't wait to read more and i'm so excited theres so much more to read! You've really captured the tone and the little nuances that make the characters them are so well written. Skipping off to the next chapter!
allysue chapter 12 . 4/27/2013
This was a wonderful story. Very well written and just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing it.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »