Reviews for Reparations
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 10/26/2018
I like this one. It certainly does explain a lot about Tobias; I know several WWII vets who were POWs in Germany, and too many of them were abusive fathers due to PTSD, a phenomenon unknown at the time.
Spies helped him escape...a friend in France who can make them new IDs...you've given me a plot bunny of my own. Don't know if it will go anywhere yet; I'll just let it nibble away at my mental carrot patch and see what develops. ;D
muumi2three chapter 1 . 7/25/2018
Very well written. Ingenious. I like Tobias's story and I especially like the ending.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
Who's going to give Snape reparations for all that they've done to him?

I know, stupid question. Snape has to always give and give and give, while no one ever gives to him, at least in canon (in fact, Dumbledore still owes Snape big time for failing to protect the Potters by 'borrowing' the Cloak and never returning it).

By the time Severus sees Dumbledore's strings, he'll be as trapped as he was with the Dark Mark. Sigh.
Sithtar chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I finally read this. I saw it posted but actually had some work to do and didn't get the chance to read it until today.

I like it very much. There is just one small problem. Severus was born in 1960 and the last time the UK was at war with Germany ended in 1945. The war in Korea which was from 1950-1953 might work better. I'm not familiar with British military history to know what their military was involved with during the rest of the 50's and 60's. I checked to see if the UK was involved in the Vietnam war and officially they were not, but one article said that the secretly were (used Google search "Vietnam war and Britain"). I don't know if it's true but regardless, I don't think Tobias would have been a WWII vet unless he was quite a bit older than Eileen, and the war had been over for 15 years before Severus was born.

Regardless, of when or where Tobias had served in the military, I liked that as part of his background and I liked everything about the story.
bkerrmom1 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Absolutely LOVE this!
Raven's Dusk chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This story is great. :) Eileen and Tobias are so often pictured is uncaring and even abusive parents. It's good to see them being loving, wise people.

I like the idea of them fleeing and waiting for Severus. And now he is finally free, and they care for him again.
Phoenix1592 chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Tobias showed Severus a way out and he made full and complete amends for his mistake
rethec chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Oh very nice and I like this side of Tobias. Maybe you created a new universe and you will show us more about Tobias, Eileen and Severus? Flashbacks to the first War and so on. I would like it ;)
Thanks for the nice story.
YenGirl chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
It's about time Sev has both parents on his side and a father with strength and smarts.

*smiles* Severus will always outlive Nagini and Voldemort and just that alone is wonderful. Having Eileen and Tobias still living past that time made it even better!

And since this doesn't follow canon, I'm going to go ahead and assume that James and Lily survived as well and have brought up their only son with the same love, compassion and strength as the Snapes have theirs.

AND since I've assumed this much (I think you know where I'm going with this, don't you, Ree? :)), I might as well also assume that Severus and Harry will one day meet and fall in love and be lovers and soulmates forever!

*shameless, Snarry-loving grin*

Oops *looks at her review and winces* I know you meant for us to reflect on family ties and mistakes and reparations and forgiveness but... well, I'm sure you also don't mind I've gone down this road instead.

The reparation bit was well done too. *smiles*
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
A very different portrayal of Tobias Snape, but interesting.