Reviews for Valinor At Last
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
This is a good story.

Actually, I read a couple of reviews before reading this story. So, when reading this story, it kind of took the surprise away. Still, I figured out Melloneledh was Frodo, even as Sam was catching on. You did a good job stringing me along for the ride.

Good job.

-Aria Breuer
Hermyone94 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
A very good and sweet story! :-)
I think I figured out that it was Frodo, when he said: "When I have healed your eyes, you shall see him." At that it made "click" and it was all clear to me :-)
I really enjoyed this story, I really feel like Frodo and Sam deserved this happiness after all they've done!
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
About halfway through my Fantasy Trick Radar started beeping, and I (who pay attention to name meanings a lot because I love languages and I write) noticed that Melloneledh means "friend of elves". Then I guessed.
OpalAegis chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
nicely done, I guessed when Sam asked to see Frodo and Meloneledh shuddered and said right after we heal your eyes... kinda had it figured from there (if that disapoints you, i kinda have a knack for figuring stories quickly, got it from my mom, drives my dad and my sister crazy...)
SupernaturalGal6 chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I really loved this story. And no, I didn't guess that it was Frodo that was healing him. It was certainly a nice suprise, though.

Great job writing this!
Arafax chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
LOVED IT!

I read the reviews before I read the story so I knew that Melloneledh was Frodo from the beginnging. It was very well written..I wouldn't have guess until a bit later in the story if I hadn't read the reviews. It was very touching and one of the best Frodo/Sam stories on here. Most I've read are slash. *shakes head and shudders* I hate that. That is not how it is suppose to be. Tolkien wrote them as friends and friends they should stay. Ok..I'm done ranting...
cookiefleck chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Very nice story, you made me cry. Loved the twist of the (sad) idea that Sam was blind but (thankfully) regained his sight.
Morien Alexander chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
That was really nicely written. I just feel that the pendant part didn't seem to fit. As much as I want to see them live forever, it seemed a little un-elvish. But I liked the rest of the story enough that it didn't overwhelm my perception of this as a lovely fic. Thanks for sharing!
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
I realized it was Frodo at this point: joyful voice, had a tender touch and smaller, finer hands than Lintalorn.

Very cute story. I don't know how well it fits under 'humor' though. I thought it was kind of sad, actually, bittersweet. Anyway, nice job.
Antane chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Greetings, this was a great story. I kinda cheated and looked at the end so I knew Frodo was that "Mellon-chap" but it was fun to read his tender care of his Sam. I was a little confused by the pendant thing at first myself but then it occured to me what it meant. I am a huge and I mean huge fan of the love between Frodo and Sam but I agree that Sam would eventually want to be with Rosie too so that ending of Hawk's was great.

Namarie,

God bless,

Antane :)
Entmoot chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
THAT...was an excellent story, if I say so myself! It was very in character, the plot was pretty close to perfect, and it was just GOOD. TERRIFIC. All those nice words. ;) :D
Answer to your question:
I guessed when:
"When can I see Frodo?"
A slight tremor passed through the hand of Melloneledh.
"When I have healed your eyes, you shall see him."
But, I'm kind of slow on the uptake so I didn't really process it in my brain that was it until Sam's eyes were healed. I thought that part of the plot was WONDERFUL!
An extrodinary job. G'bye Entmot
EFDGamgee chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
Boy am I ever a ninnyhammer! Oh well, Gamgees think alike. I had NO CLUE it was Frodo till Sam could see again. I just didn't get the whole pendant thing. What was that all about? A sign of immortal life or something? *confused* Anyway, fantastic story. It's beautiful! Over and Out!
~EFDGamgee
meg chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
i really enjoyed this. Very well written. i had a clue it was frodo and was hoping it was him. great job!
AMDUSIAS chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
This is a very beautiful story! I indeed was suprised when Melloneledh turned out to be Frodo...I wasn't expecting it! Very well-written and in-character...please write more!
Lylie London chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
AWESOME story. LOVED it. i wrote one myself about Sam coming to valinor... you might wat to check it out. username is flutterby and the story is "The Last Hobbit".

This is excellent work indeed. Very clever, with the whole Frodo being an elf bit. i realised it was frodo at this part:

“When can I see Frodo?”

A slight tremor passed through the hand of Melloneledh.

VERY sweet story. Thanks for writing it, it brightened my day.

~flutterby