Reviews for Valinor At Last
collegegirl21 chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
I almost cried tears of joy when Sam reunited with Frodo. Such a beautiful depiction their relationship! Well done!
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
This is a good story.

Actually, I read a couple of reviews before reading this story. So, when reading this story, it kind of took the surprise away. Still, I figured out Melloneledh was Frodo, even as Sam was catching on. You did a good job stringing me along for the ride.

Good job.

-Aria Breuer
Hermyone94 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
A very good and sweet story! :-)
I think I figured out that it was Frodo, when he said: "When I have healed your eyes, you shall see him." At that it made "click" and it was all clear to me :-)
I really enjoyed this story, I really feel like Frodo and Sam deserved this happiness after all they've done!
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
About halfway through my Fantasy Trick Radar started beeping, and I (who pay attention to name meanings a lot because I love languages and I write) noticed that Melloneledh means "friend of elves". Then I guessed.
OpalAegis chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
nicely done, I guessed when Sam asked to see Frodo and Meloneledh shuddered and said right after we heal your eyes... kinda had it figured from there (if that disapoints you, i kinda have a knack for figuring stories quickly, got it from my mom, drives my dad and my sister crazy...)
SupernaturalGal6 chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I really loved this story. And no, I didn't guess that it was Frodo that was healing him. It was certainly a nice suprise, though.

Great job writing this!
Arafax chapter 1 . 11/10/2006

I read the reviews before I read the story so I knew that Melloneledh was Frodo from the beginnging. It was very well written..I wouldn't have guess until a bit later in the story if I hadn't read the reviews. It was very touching and one of the best Frodo/Sam stories on here. Most I've read are slash. *shakes head and shudders* I hate that. That is not how it is suppose to be. Tolkien wrote them as friends and friends they should stay. Ok..I'm done ranting...
cookiefleck chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Very nice story, you made me cry. Loved the twist of the (sad) idea that Sam was blind but (thankfully) regained his sight.
Morien Alexander chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
That was really nicely written. I just feel that the pendant part didn't seem to fit. As much as I want to see them live forever, it seemed a little un-elvish. But I liked the rest of the story enough that it didn't overwhelm my perception of this as a lovely fic. Thanks for sharing!
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
I realized it was Frodo at this point: joyful voice, had a tender touch and smaller, finer hands than Lintalorn.

Very cute story. I don't know how well it fits under 'humor' though. I thought it was kind of sad, actually, bittersweet. Anyway, nice job.
Antane chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Greetings, this was a great story. I kinda cheated and looked at the end so I knew Frodo was that "Mellon-chap" but it was fun to read his tender care of his Sam. I was a little confused by the pendant thing at first myself but then it occured to me what it meant. I am a huge and I mean huge fan of the love between Frodo and Sam but I agree that Sam would eventually want to be with Rosie too so that ending of Hawk's was great.

God bless,

Antane :)
Entmoot chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
THAT...was an excellent story, if I say so myself! It was very in character, the plot was pretty close to perfect, and it was just GOOD. TERRIFIC. All those nice words. ;) :D
Answer to your question:
I guessed when:
"When can I see Frodo?"
A slight tremor passed through the hand of Melloneledh.
"When I have healed your eyes, you shall see him."
But, I'm kind of slow on the uptake so I didn't really process it in my brain that was it until Sam's eyes were healed. I thought that part of the plot was WONDERFUL!
An extrodinary job. G'bye Entmot
EFDGamgee chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
Boy am I ever a ninnyhammer! Oh well, Gamgees think alike. I had NO CLUE it was Frodo till Sam could see again. I just didn't get the whole pendant thing. What was that all about? A sign of immortal life or something? *confused* Anyway, fantastic story. It's beautiful! Over and Out!
meg chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
i really enjoyed this. Very well written. i had a clue it was frodo and was hoping it was him. great job!
AMDUSIAS chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
This is a very beautiful story! I indeed was suprised when Melloneledh turned out to be Frodo...I wasn't expecting it! Very well-written and in-character...please write more!