Reviews for Everything But The Girl
YupYouLostMe chapter 8 . 6/8/2017
I want to pay you a compliment. Though they do seem a bit OOC, you are building the story so well, it becomes the new original. I'm glad you ship them and I like how you added history to it.
Kat chapter 15 . 2/19/2015
This story made me happy. I really enjoyed it.
Tintenfleck chapter 2 . 7/23/2014
So, it's the end of chapter 2 and we have some kind of role-swap between Guy and Robin. That's very interesting.
Tintenfleck chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
I really love your twist to the story. You are very good with the characters. I can almost hear their voices. Allan and Guy seems very much in character in this story. Allan's nagging about the circumstances of his escape - this is so him. And Guy acts exactly like in the show. From his (not so unselfish) decision to help Marian escape to his hastily made scheme, it was all very "Guy". No surprise, he kills the witness. It's his way to settle things.
The part with the musicians was a very nice reference to the show and what happened there.
janet1982 chapter 15 . 7/4/2014
awesome story)
MargaretThornton chapter 15 . 1/20/2014
The last two days I spent rereading this beautiful story, because I miss "Running Up That Hill" so much. And Im glad I did, because I found many beautiful scenes of interaction between Guy and Marian which I had almost forgotten or which I hadnt really noticed while reading this for the first time. You gave them a sweet but also a realistic way of building up a relationship and they are so sweet together ! Just wanted to thank you for this !
mandassina chapter 15 . 12/7/2013
It's a lovely ending. I like that you sort of wrote Robin out at the end, it would have been awkward to the point of painful having him there. If anything can make the castle a happy home for Guy, it will be Marian.
mandassina chapter 14 . 12/7/2013
Who doesn't love a happy ending?! I have to admit, though, I was looking for more in the fight, maybe a point where Guy or Marian got into trouble and one of them saved the other. It was good. All the important bits were there. I guess I just wanted a little more action, maybe a blow-by-blow scene or two. Perhaps something to explain the cut over Guy's eye. I never would have thought of the men who fled attacking the villages, so that was a good diversion. I felt for Guy, having to fight on when he didn't know where Marian was, and how heroic he was to do it, even to ride out to the villages to help the people. It's a huge thing to see him put others before himself. Marian's desperate search for Guy at the end was well-done, too.
mandassina chapter 13 . 12/7/2013
I love Guy and Marian's chat about the gang and their plans for the wedding. The image of John as a bridesmaid is a hoot...is it bad that I can actually picture it, bows in his beard and all? I was so pleased that Guy's only dismay about the Night Watchman was that he could have killed Marian. Robin took it surprisingly well when he walked up on them together. I also like that Guy is willing to involve the Marian as Night Watchman in their fight. I'm excited and disappointed that there's not much left to this story. I want to see the end but I don't want it to be over.
mandassina chapter 12 . 12/7/2013
I like the ritual with the Wassail cup. In another context if it could be fun to watch them get so drunk they didn't remember why they didn't like each other to begin with. You gotta love any ceremony that involves getting mildly intoxicated. Nice of Marian to be mature and keep the Night Watchman to herself for now. I love that she proposed to Guy. Onward and upward.
mandassina chapter 11 . 12/7/2013
Now that's a very clever twist. I never gave much thought to how Vaisey knew about the 'lepers', and it never, *ever* occurred to me that having Guy burn Marian's house was a manipulation of its own.
mandassina chapter 10 . 12/7/2013
I want to smack Marian. She's too quick to believe the worst. Granted, Guy doesn't have the best track record, but if she's seen his kindness and affection for her, how can she so quickly believe he would kill his own mother. I take back what I said about her growing up. She's still a thoughtless brat! ;). And now she believes Robin tried to get Guy killed! Actually, I recently saw a program about how the mind works, and we are all inherently very gullible. We automatically believe everything we hear is true. Only after we process the information and think about it a moment do we make a judgement about it. I guess she's just a slow processor. I could make a really bad joke about computers now, but I'll refrain. As reviews are required to be g-rated, I can't really say what I think of Robin right now. No word that comes to mind is appropriate for a public forum. Childish and self-centered don't even come close. As for originality, it's hard to take such a pivotal scene and change it up too much, but that's ok. The Archer business is really just incidental to the Guy-Marian story.
mandassina chapter 9 . 12/7/2013
I like the Matilda and the way she's taken Guy down a peg without really wounding him. It's also good for him to know that Marian is not the only one who sees some good in him. I forgot to mention in the previous chapter that Guy's little history lesson was great. It is easy to see him and Robin as the embodiment of good and evil, but in the grand scheme of things, Guy was little more than a bureaucrat fulfilling his role as a cog in the machine and Robin, just a squeaky wheel. Robin really didn't do much good, and when you step back and look at the big picture, Guy didn't do so much evil. I am curious to see how you have adapted Sir Malcolm's tale to this story and how Guy in particular will handle having it told to such a large audience.
mandassina chapter 8 . 12/7/2013
I like that she was honest with him, and even more that he can have the courage to trust her. I'm looking forward to how she fares with Robin Hood.
mandassina chapter 7 . 12/7/2013
Sea Change? I think she's just grown up. The Prior was amusing and Guy's reply was perfect. Why do I think things are going to go awry when she goes for Robin Hood?