Reviews for Even Lovers Drown
I'm just so happy with this story right now by chapter after chapter has been all Olitz! And Karen but that's cool too. I know eventually we have to get back to life in DC but this is EVERYTHING! Thank you!
SoVeryME chapter 162 . 4/5
This releasing is unreal! So here for all of it! Not the pansy as ish they serving up on Thursday nights! Yeessss!
SoVeryME chapter 135 . 3/28
Nope and I am horrible for getting soooo caught up in these good stories that I just keep going and going! But let me say that this story is Wow! has my attention so much that I'm losing sleep. I'm living for every Olitz moment bc they are just, well, them! and what they do and how they do it all so well. I love the beginning of this story though I must admit you had me shook. but when I saw it was about Olitz being together, I was very glad. Mellie is annoying af but nothing new there. Now Im dying to get to Executive Orders bc I read something accidentally and now just want to get there. This mystery tho is a doozie! Way beyond Shonda madness. I cant keep up most the time, lol. But yeah, you did good here! Kerry On!
As long as you NEVER let Mellie get any political office I will be pleased
Squeal please?!
kkimberly49 chapter 249 . 12/30/2016
Gosh, it is hard to believe that we began this journey three years ago. I have enjoyed every moment of it, and I look forward to when you bless us with new work. Thank you again. Wonderful ending...
IWrite4Olitz chapter 249 . 12/26/2016
This is one of the best canon olitz stories I've ever read, love. I can't tell you how wonderful it's been coming along on this journey. I know the dedication it takes...the planning, research, putting aside of time...and pure love that goes into crafting such a brilliant story. I couldn't help thinking the entire time I was reading, that it's a shame you don't write for the show. The drama, the plot twists, the angst, the wit, humor, romance and character development have been a joy to read! I'm so glad you'll be writing more. You've got a big fan in me. Happy Holidays!
siobhan.gregory chapter 249 . 12/20/2016
Awesome!
Clio1792 chapter 249 . 12/17/2016
Ah! Loving the epilogue! And realizing, of course, that all this time, Jocelyn has been a colleague of Elijah Pope's!

Now that I think of it, this stands to reason; Indeed, it strikes me that the lady who brought the hostages home is one of the few women who could "take" Command.

Perhaps the author will consider this as one direction for her fertile imagination in 2017...

Thanks again for sharing this great story,
Clio1792 chapter 248 . 12/17/2016
Oh my goodness! And so this spectacular series comes to an end!

Interesting that Olivia has no interest in being a First Lady (in stunning contrast to Mellie), and yet has been able to supply a great deal of emotional and professional support, such as Fitz might have desired in a wife, through the crises described in this piece.

It brings home the extent to which what might be esteemed "being a wife" (or, for that matter "being a mother") does, really, have a professional dimension-providing support to a partner with a difficult, demanding job, in the public eye, requires ingenuity, creativity, the ability to nimbly solve problems that many of us might associate with a range of specialties from law, to think-tanking, to detective work. Those are all the aspects of being a wife that deserve a great deal more credit than most wives ever get. But there's also love; without love, the most ingenious advice just feels like manipulative plotting; without sentiment, and a genuine emotional investment in the happiness of one's partner, problem-solving starts to feel like the string-pulling of a puppeteer. Somehow, it all has to come together.

The tensions between public and private were well captured in this series-and in the character of Jocelyn Martin, a tale, as well, of how much a commitment to United States security can cost in personal happiness. The happiness of Olivia and Fitz makes a contrast to what Jocelyn was compelled to sacrifice-but it was good to see all these characters find safe harbor in this story's conclusion.

Brava and best wishes to the author! Wishing her health and happiness for 2017!
Clio1792 chapter 247 . 12/17/2016
As always, the author captures the best of the Olivia/Fitz dynamic in this chapter, and in this series.

noro chapter 249 . 12/17/2016
Wonderful ending to a great story awesome writing
Clio1792 chapter 246 . 12/15/2016
Nor would any reader!

James, bouncing Ella on his knee as he recovers...and beginning to write his next article in his mind...is wonderful here, but best is a hesitating Jocelyn, wondering whether the President will forgive her for aiding and abetting a rescue operation, albeit as a bit of a lone wolf.

Great chapter,
Clio1792 chapter 245 . 12/15/2016
Several authors on this website have imagined a confrontation between a plotting, evil, Hollis and an angry Fitz, but few have done it as well as this author. What's particularly good is the way the author ties together the loose threads of Jocelyn's ruse to save the day with the catalogue of Hollis's crimes. Also good is Hollis's oily attempt to bait Fitz; his initial presumption that his plotting is something he can "spin" his way out of; Fitz's delivery of the news that there are unassailable witnesses against Hollis; and the solid satisfaction the reader feels, reading that fist met flesh.

Olivia, giving Fitz good advice (don't smile!), was also good, as was the information that Fitz had tried to comfort a weeping Shireen.

As this plane comes in to land at last, the author delivers an excellent first chapter of resolution,
DesperateRomantic chapter 249 . 12/14/2016
I cannot believe it's over. What a joy it's been to follow Olitz on this journey.
1,398 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »