Reviews for A French Letter
Ame to Yume chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Okay, I think that this is the correct translation. If it's not, it means my French teacher isn't doing a good job.
Arthur,
When I see you on the battlefield, I know that I love you. Your blond hair, like the light of the sun, burns in the middle of the violence like a halo. Your gun shot rays of fire at my beautiful French soldiers, and killed the ordinary men like an angry god. The majesty - the finesse - my words do not touch you, do they?
No, they never touch you, my English gentleman, my angel, my rabbit - Arthur, why? Am I bad? What have I done? Loved you? Admired you? Is it my face? My voice? My body? Why don't you love me, my heart? What is it?
I don't know, Arthur, but I think you don't know either.
If you understand, it's a miracle; if you don't, thank God. This letter is very embarrassing, but the idea that you do not understand my romantic emotions kills my heart. Please, God - Arthur, understand. I really love you.
Your friend and love,
Francis
I loved this letter, it just...overflows with emotion, and the way you expressed everything was so spot on. I can imagine Francis writing this, I really can.
Fave line was:
[...but the idea that you don't understand my romantic emotions kills my heart.]
If you wanted to punch me in the feels, you have succeeded.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
NOOOOO!
NO! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT! Please do another chapter where they talk about it and Arthur realizes! And says. He loves him too..or not! JUST PLLLEEEAAASSRE do mooore!
URRRRGGHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHH chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Arthur,

When I saw you around the next in the war, I knew that I love you. Your blond hair, like sunlight, burned down the middle of the violence is a halo. Your gun fired stages of fire to my beautiful French soldiers killed and ordinary men like a mad god. The majesty-the-finesse my words do not affect you, are they?

No, they never touch you, my little angel English cauliflower my rabbit Arthur, why? Do not be? Am I unhappy? Why do you hate me? What do I do? Loved you? You admired? Is it my voice? My face? My body? Why I do not love you, my heart? What is it?

I do not know, Arthur, but I think you do not know that.

If you understand, this is a good miracle, if you do not understand, thank God for this miracle. His letter is very embarrassing, but the idea that you do not understand my romantic emotions you kill my heart. Please God Arthur, understand my French sentences of you. I love you really.

Your friend and love,

Francis
That is what I got when I googled it... Still adorable though...
MeltingpotGirl chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
This is so cute! I googled up what I didn't know (which wasn't much), and you did really well in writing French!
ChibiNekoCharmBraclet chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I used Google translate and it makes perfect sense.