Reviews for Latent Heat
DeltaCat chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
I just love this.
This is the Chakotay I always wanted to see more of...
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
This was intense. Repeating the Native American dialog was like a steady drum beat throughout the story. Thanks.
CallHerVictor chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Somehow I missed this. I missed the nod in the beginning and all he beautiful words that followed. QS my darling, this is exquisite. In so many ways. Different than what I have seen from you, but different in a way that is more evolved, more complex. Enjoyed. Greatly.

"Nothing I've ever said means anything to you. You aren't about words. You're about equations, facial expressions, torturous touches, truths. Lies, when they're necessary. So many lies between us, lies about us, lies that strangle us even while they let us go on living."

This is not the only section that possesses the fluidity of tone and character, but it is certainly one of the bests. It manages to be so many things at the same time. And so very well placed. I suppose I owe you now. ;)
kneipho chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I never write reviews anymore, but I couldn't help myself. Thoughtful. Emotional. Just lovely. Thank you for posting.
e.bln chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Wow - this was utterly brilliant and intensive. Really, WOW! Thank you so much for sharing...
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
nice work. When I saw the title I was reminded of that weird clown episode "The Thaw" in season 2 but thankfully once I started reading I soon forgot about that one! Really well-written and complex.
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
QS, your stories never cease to amaze me. You always manage to take my breath away at least once. I never thought of Timeless in this way, but as I read your story I couldn't figure out why I hadn't... Your portrayal is tragic - exposes Chakotay's tragic flaw, if you will. You get into the nitty gritty of these characters - there's no sugar coating in your stories, and I appreciate that. Thank you for sharing this.
Laura909 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Nicely written!
imnotacommittee chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Wow. If you did this with an episode you didn't like...
Years later, I cannot watch any "J/C" moment without Endgame souring my thoughts. It's hard to remember what it felt like to watch those moments as they happened, year after year (and less and less frequently) with the hope and expectation that, in the end at least, we'd get our pay off for being so patient.
But for some reason, this fic does that for me. It brought be back to that first run, when we were all so hopeful. And at the same time, it's a wonderful description of just why J/C could never have happened in the DQ. They let their private passions consume them, cloud their judgement, and they paid the price. Well, they did and they they got a reprieve. But they learned the lesson, and moved on. Their actions in the later episodes make sense with this fic in the back of my mind. Well, some of their actions do ;-)
As always, your imagery is vivid and piercing. You don't pull your punches in how raw you make Chakotay and his thoughts. Kathryn, too, is just as she always is: passionate, vulnerable, desperate to end this so she can start what she's been aching to. It makes them both rich and human.
Glad it's out of your head now - we've all benefitted from it!
badmelk chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
whoa. your stories always take me to places i've never imagined and that's a very wonderful thing.
Liz chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Wow. This grabbed me by the face and wouldn't let go until I finished. I need to re-watch that episode now, with this in mind. It will be improved, that's for sure!
mabb5 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Another very interesting, challenging story. Well written of course. Please write more
ghosteye99 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
A gutsy and ruthlessly honest gem of a fic. Once again, you've delivered!
eScapefreak chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Bam! I am in awe of you quantumsilver! You always get to the truth of the matter, you write them so well.

I think I only breathed about 3 times while reading this. Now I need time to recover!
Mary S chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This is quite amazing, QS. You pack so much into relatively few words - every one has meaning. I found myself reading nearly every sentence several times to make sure I had gotten the full portent of what you were saying.
You certainly do the episode justice, even if you don't like it.

As always, thanks for sharing.