Reviews for The Catch in the Contradiction
alexindigo chapter 12 . 5/14
Sebastian Barlow?! LMAO! I liked this chapter. Makes you wonder about a lot of things when it comes to Booth. Thanks for sharing! :)
alexindigo chapter 11 . 5/14
I loved Brennan and Clark's interaction in this episode for exactly the reasons you listed here. They're not that different (he did say his friend in college used to call him bones), but also because she understands and sees him in a way that others don't. I loved their recent interaction as well. It's good to see people appreciating Brennan for who she is beyond that of the brilliant anthropologist. Thank you for sharing. :)
Jenmaccun chapter 3 . 1/10
Feck...that was amazing! Absolutely amazing. You should be very proud of that - wow!
Jenmaccun chapter 2 . 1/10
That was amazing...absolutely beautiful.
TheLightAndDarknessWithin chapter 12 . 12/27/2014
This is amazing! Totally love it!
pinkmama1 chapter 12 . 8/29/2014
No I don't wish the episode ended like that because then I wouldn't have had the joy of reading this. LOL
pinkmama1 chapter 10 . 8/29/2014
I have been struggeling with this for a long time. When people were saying he was selfish and being willing to move on that fast showed he didn't really love Brennan I could see their point. However it just felt wrong to me. I have been thinking he was in so much pain - like if it had been a physical pain it would be very close to a slip-into-shock-and-die pain. He just had to try and protect himself any way he could think of. But this makes much more sense. I still think he kind of used Hannah as a painkiller though and even if she had said yes it would not have worked in the long run. (But deep down inside he knew she wouldn't.)

He is in more pain mentally than people really understand I think. I mean an alcholic fater who beat up his mother, his mother abandoing him and leaving him and Jared with that violent father, (I have a VERY hard time forgiving her for that - even if her husband didn't hit the boys until after she dissapeared. Might be because I'm Danish though because here she'd get some financial help from the goverment being a single parent.) I also believe that in a way his mother made him the parent and herself the child. If you watch The Party in the Pants (S8 Ep22) Booth and his mother are talking in the park and they talk about this big chessboard. Booth remembers how his mother told him he was the knight and it was his job to protect the king and the queen. Like in it was his job to fix his parents.

Then there's all the people he've had to kill. That has an impact on a person. There's studies about that. Then he has been tortured - more than once. If he wasn't extreemly strong mentally/emotionally he'd be mentally ill or have committed suicide a long time ago IMO.

If he hadn't ended up with Brennan and being happy with her I would have given up on watching the show because it would just have been too painful. I don't mind pain and angst in a story - I kind of like it - but there has to be a happy ending. I mean it's not a problem in Bones fan fic because I know they end up together eventually.

pinkmama1 chapter 3 . 8/28/2014
WOW! That was HOT! *Fan self* I think I need . . . cold water. Lots of very cold water. Yeah that's it.
pinkmama1 chapter 2 . 8/28/2014
This seems to be written relatively long ago but . . . I love the way you decribe how they feel rather than what they do. Too many details about what they do can ruin it IMO. I find the the way you decribe it beautiful, clean, honest, natural.
casket4mytears chapter 12 . 8/20/2014
Um... hell yes we do!
Phoenix Rysng chapter 12 . 8/20/2014
You are easily one of my favorite writers. You had me at String Theory. Thank you for updating, I know it is probably hard with real life. I love this "Catch" of Brennan. I still maintain that we all could use a Seeley Joseph Booth in our lives.
dgschneider chapter 12 . 8/20/2014
I was so excited when this first came out but couldn't leave a review (well, I probably could have, I just and inept and down't know how). As always I thoroughly enjoyed your writing! Love the tension and baiting that goes back and forth here in this piece and of course it's happy ending! Can hardly wait for the next one!
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 12 . 8/20/2014
i like it!
Wendish chapter 12 . 8/18/2014
OK, let me get this out of the way, first. Now you've done it - "turgid" is my least favorite word in the English language. In general, I'm not a fan of words with "g" in them, but incisively as always, you've figured me out.

And...spookily, we post stories w/in minutes of each other that not only reference Brennan wearing Booth's shirt, but the both of us reference Sully related to it... Let's face it, it's obvious that you write just for me :). I'm thinking of a number. Quick, what is it?

Yup. Another Pyramid over here, please!

I've read and listened to your story a few times already. It's delicious on so many levels. It piques my need to bicker about philosophy, the philosophy of the characters, and how bleeping hot these two characters are when they bicker. Let my gushing begin:

That this Catch chapter delves into questions of morality, I'm immediately intrigued. IMHO, by cause of the course of her history, at one time, I'd argue that Brennan WAS as close to a "pure scientist" as they come. I recall the Lauren Eames comment "if she thought that there were too many people in the world... she'd unleash a plague" and the obvious comparison it was intended be to Brennan.

It would be fascinating to take a philosophy course with Temperance Brennan. At first glance, one may believe that she'd only be able to recall various philosophers and explain to you their dogmas, but perhaps not understand the "why" behind they believed what they believed. But this is not the Temperance Brennan that we know, at all. Our Brennan has a very strong, a very black and white moral code.

But, the Temperance Brennan that we know is also the exacting, genius scientist, that gives sway to the shoot-from-the-hip theories of her humanistic partner. She does not obstruct, but rather entertains and seeks demonstration of his jocular comments about fully developed frontal lobes. She yields to the possibility that his rationale has validity and merit. While she consistently challenges Sweets, Clark and random man on the street's confident assertions of truth, she gives her partner a long leash. Booth lures her into the gray.

So as I read moral-question side of your story, I grappled with this. And though by canon, I love to think that the dine and dash was yet another one of those little things that Booth never revealed the full truth of to Brennan, I am gleeful at the questions that you stir up: 1) does Brennan recognize the special privilege that she's given to Booth? 2) does she understand why she yields to Booth? 3) if she does recognize it, what goes through her mind when she calls a morality "do-over", only to find that he, in fact, has preserved her integrity (personally, at that point, I would have been incited to do very naughty things to him in the car)

AND THEN, you throw in some social compact implications? As a student of history, I've had several professors argue that the core of all conflict is land. I lean with the idea that the core of all conflict is protection of perceived possessions of which land is elemental, but not signature. In this light, you raise an interesting question: as GGW would argue, B&B are very similar - both seek to own the morality flag.

So what happens when two people who acknowledge the other's prowess in two very separate, very different fields, battle in the quest to quash all tenets of moral turpitude?

Sex! That's what happens!

From this point forward, I will refer to this story as "Philosophy and French Blue Shirt". Aptly channeling your inner threesquares on her birthday, the pair's provocation in the story descends/ascends from a mind fuck to a "please fuck" in the most intelligent of ways. How hot are they? And the "baring of the throat" line...Classic threesquares theme. Loved it.

Oh, and if someone doesn't open a sex toy shop/website called "From Nipples to Nethers", this world is worthless.

How perfect is a story that feeds the mind and the "other brain". Chem, this is excellent.

And so you don't think me a stuffy, too-serious blowhard reader, I must confess, on second and third, and fourth read, I keep hearing Adam Ant's "Goody Two-Shoes" in my head.

God, I've missed reading your stories! Thanks as always!

doge chapter 12 . 8/18/2014
Oh, that was wow.. and hot... and only one question left.
And yes, we all wish something like that on the show...