Reviews for Way Beyond Star-Crossed Love
Master Bruin chapter 1 . 5/9
I saw the movie yesterday and right after Peeta throws that "heavy metal thing" (how eloquent, Katniss), we get a shot of Cato admitting Peeta's skills are not bad, Marvel looking like he swallowed a fork and Glimmer gaping at him, right?
That small moment one can interpret as Glimmer's condescension towards Peeta turning to the beginnings of admiration if one feels like it, and indeed I did, for the heck of it, thinking hey, muscular blonds seem to be her type, what if she started digging Peeta, too?
And one can even make the excuse that she kept that crush to herself and didn't do something stupid like go after him because turning herself into the third wheel to the star-crossed lovers from 12 would be suicide, costing her audience support.
(Then again, imagine the 74th Games being derailed into a soap opera, with teens dramatically declaring their love and zealously challenging their rivals to duels to the death. Because everyone wants to mimic Peeta, and him being angry about it because when he first did it it was cute, but now with the third person yowling they're crushing on Katniss, too, it's just getting ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I'd be in stitches, especially considering Katniss' deliberate indifference towards all things romantic.)

Anyway, long story short, Glimmer and Peeta are not the most awkward pair possible in my opinion. Not by a long shot. So I'm happy I found this fine little story to quench my thirst for this oddity. Personally, I could've done without Glimmer and Crane being bedfellows, and I'd also like to propose her picking Cato to be an attempt to mirror the lovers from 12 and thus garner more sponsors, but all in all, it's a satisfying read.

There's just one little thing that I'd like to point out; twice or thrice Glimmer states outright that she wants Peeta, but not in 'that' way. The way you wrote it, it comes off as a clarification meant for the reader, not Glimmer's own thoughts. See, Glimmer is thinking to herself. And usually one doesn't elaborate on what one means to themselves. It's enough if you say she wants him and then go on listing examples, like him joking with her and being nice to her, etc.
If people's minds end up in the gutter still, it's their problem. Your aim was to portray Glimmer seeking emotional intimacy with Peeta, which you did. The additions about it not being physical are redundant.

In any case, good job!
sehunlovesfood chapter 1 . 4/21
Wow. Just wow. This is heartbreaking and the couple is indeed odd but you made me ship it. I love it okay it made me cry. This is so sad but I love the idea of glimmer showing this side and falling for peeta.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
this is nice and brings a side to Glimmer I never thought about before.
imaagine4ever chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Wow. I'm seeing Glimmer in a whole new perspective now. She doesn't seem like the villain, just a victim. Great job!
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
I didn't know what to expect, when I found this fic, but I'm really glad I did. I love that its from Glimmer's pov, and that we get a peak into her thoughts. The pairing is a little odd, but as Glimmer stated, what sane girl wouldn't fall for Peeta. i would say myself, but I'm not sane.

Its sad that being a career tribute from 1, that Glimmer has to act a certain way, and that the Capitol expects her to chase after Cato and not Peeta. I really like how she falls for him, and the moment they have together while nursing cups of coco.

I love that part with her talking to Peeta about Katniss, and he smiles and kisses her on her forehead. Its also sweet how his smile is the image that sticks in her mind as she dies.
CrackshipQueen chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
I love this, ok.
Redbookbluebook chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Well. That made me tear up a little. Very sweet yet melancholy one shot.
whiskedaway chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Oh god. What. That.

I almost cried- you made that pairing so plausible and plain heartbreaking, you've practically converted me into a GlimmerPeeta shipper. And I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I actually disliked Peeta for his goody shoes personality before I read your fic and now I've pulled him up into my favorites list...

I don't suppose you could write anymore of this kind?
Someone's Charm chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
This is so weird, because last night when I was working on a final paper, I thought about Glimmer and Peeta but thought there were probably too few stories to check out. Then today I hit your profile for a little paper break and found this!
I understand what you mean about this being an odd pairing, but I think it works, and you hit on the reasons why in this story. It's not a stretch to see Glimmer as a girl who has had much experience with the wrong guys and finds, in the end, she prefers just someone who would treat her kindly. From there, it's natural for her to be attracted to Peeta's innate kindness. You explored this really well.
My only complaint is how the story seemed to drag a little before hitting an actual scene, as in with interaction and dialogue. Though the parts before it had been drabble-esque, they were still interesting to read, because you're just that strong of a writer.
One of my favorite things is how you're able to see past the facade of Glimmer that so many readers get caught in, and I partially blame it on us only knowing her through Katniss' judgmental perspective. Part of me wonders if Katniss resented her for her easy beauty. That's another topic.
The part with her "inexplicably" calling for Marvel made no sense. Usually you're pretty good about making sense of things, so this was probably a by-product of writing this in such a short amount of time.
Thanks for writing this! It was such a treat from one of the most gifted writers I know. Hurrah for our District One tributes! Bon chance with writing and schoolwork!
mh89 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Well thanks for making me sob with this beautiful tragic one-shot. You're really an amazing writer.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I love it! You have made the pairing bearable with your awesome writing!
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 4/5/2013