Reviews for Savages
patty.clark.792 chapter 1 . 4/24
I like seeing people from Skagos, since Rickon might have some chacharacteristics of these people once he returns to Winterfell.
MartyBoo chapter 24 . 1/7
This was by for the most well-written Robb Stark fan fiction ever created! So sad it had to end
Runner043 chapter 24 . 7/6/2014
Just finished your story. Am also a fan of happy endings, and was glad to see Robb win the tournament and that honor was the focus for both of them. And the fast forward to 6 kids was a great and unexpected addition.
Runner043 chapter 16 . 7/1/2014
I was right, I was right, I was right! Had it figured out that she was Robert Baratheon's daughter.
Runner043 chapter 14 . 6/29/2014
Have been enjoying your story. Fallon is an interesting character. Laughed at the name of Lord Frey's son.
SunlitMercy chapter 24 . 6/11/2014
I'm not even sure how to begin to review something as grand and expertly written as this story. Even now, I think I might have to pause to wipe away tears. The way you've crafted Savages and your mastery of storytelling really ties everything up into a pretty green ribbon and delivers a story that is so full of passion I cannot begin to think of how to leave an adequate review. You've managed to create such a richness with your original characters that, if I hadn't previously known any information about Game of Thrones, I would have assumed they were already characters from the books/show. My god, the detail and time you must have put in to construct Skagos and it's culture, on top of basing the language off Gaelic, blew my mind. Quite honestly, I don't think I've read a story quite like yours in the construction of an original culture. The more you wrote of Skagos, the more I felt like I was there with Robb and Fallon, imaging the beautiful mountain tops and the horses racing across the fields. The detail within the system of the Magnars and the Nighean was so rich and colorful, I honestly wish it was a plot point within the actual Game of Thrones storyline. Again, you've constructed such a beautiful culture, I cannot begin to even wrap my head around how you managed to do it.

Fallon, ah brave, stubborn Fallon. Now here's an original character that is believable, well developed and relatable. She's everything a girl hopes to be, but you didn't just leave it at that. You added her bastard title to give flavor and kick to the story and let me tell you- you couldn't have made a better choice. This just made her more believable in my opinion. And the way she interacted with Robb was stunning. Thank god, you kept him in character and you did it with your own flavor. I've read a lot of Robb/OC stories that are just not believable in not only their characterization of Robb, but also of the OC. You've transcended this and for that, I'm sure every reader here thanks you.

Her brothers made me smile and I really believe gave the story the extra flavor that it needed. They were brave, trustworthy and their strong ties to family made them favorite characters of mine. I simply can't decide which brother I like better since they're both so well written, both similar, yet unique in characterization.

I also really like how you handled the AU portion of your story. It felt real, like if the Red Wedding in the original plot line hadn't happened, this is the path Robb's storyline would have taken in terms of war and victories. Often times, it's difficult for an author to continue creating a believable plot line in an AU story as they don't have the original story to go off of as much as they do their own plot, but you certainly managed to create something beyond that.

Let me just say, I was upset for days when I read the chapter containing the goodbye. I really was because I'm so attached to these characters and your storyline. And the chapter before the epilogue, I was sitting with my hands to my mouth, trying not to squeal with glee and wake up my household I was so happy. But happy is not even the word. I felt you truly gave the characters a justified ending for all their suffering and sacrifices. That, to me, is what makes a true storyteller; someone who knows how to provide correct and well deserved endings. I had a notion that Robb would be competing, but when Fallon saw the grey stone in her ring for the first time, I just knew. And then the green ribbon- how fantastic! I do believe knights used to take tokens from their lady and tie them to their armor so kudos to you for keeping with tradition! It was a nice detail. I felt like crying when they were reunited. And I think keeping them from each other for so many chapters really helped make the reunion all that more enjoyable. Truly it makes sense for Robb to compete. You stated many times in the story and made it very clear that Robb had issues with honor and keeping Fallon's name clean. For him to compete gives them both a sense of duty and honor and you tied in those aspects and Fallon's culture beautifully. We finally got a look at the Skagosi traditions firsthand! And what a way to end it. So many children and such a well deserved ending.

I know this review is unbelievably long, so I'll end it with saying thank you. It's not everyday you come across stories like this one and authors who truly take their time in creating a world where characters are rich and thrive in an original plot line. I didn't want it to end, but truly it was a beautiful conclusion. Thank you again, for your masterful storytelling and please, never stop writing.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/24/2014
This was so good! Fallon is my hero. Thank you for this. I almost didn't read because lack of reviews but I am glad I did. I don't know why people don't appreciate this story more! Review people review! lolastark is brilliant!
Callalily8 chapter 24 . 5/22/2014
What a phenomenal story.
I consider myself to be a constructive critic after working with creative writers my entire undergraduate career, but I loved every part of your tale. All the weaving of story lines...the ending...the character development.
Just know you are a truly talented writer/story teller. I plan to follow anything you write, and anxiously await your updates.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/10/2014
I finally finished this and I am so sad it is over. I previously commented on a few of your earlier chapters and I had to stop because i couldn't quit reading. This story was brilliant. I loved the it and I loved Fallon and your original characters interacting with the story. It was incredibly satisfying though I am happy to read that you will be doing one shots because I too am not ready to let go of this story and this pair. Seriously this is my most favorite RobbxOC story and I can't wait to read your new one and the Jaime one you said you're planning. Jaime is my favorite! Great job Lola. Thank you for this incredible story.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/8/2014
Your attention to detail is astounding. I love the Skagosi that you introduced in this chapter...and I love how they treat Fallon. Robb, again, is written so well. He's not arrogant about his victory and you showed that very well. Also I love that the Skagosi are helping him and especially the moment between Rowan and Robb. Fallon and Greatjon was fantastic. When he insulted her cooking and she insulted his pride. I loved the sass. I can't believe Fallon is a bastard, how devistating for her. And poor Aedan. While I am rooting for Robb & Fallon, I still feel for him. Fallon is is his first love.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/8/2014
Oh my goodness! So happy that Fallon finally gave in. Thank goodness for Rowan. Theon is really playing with fire with Kathryn. Can't wait to see what's next...reading on!
Guest chapter 6 . 5/7/2014
Oh wow! I am only a little ways in and I can already say I love this. Really loving Fallon and her internal debate about Robb. You write it so well. And Robb...holy crap you write him well. I have so many more chapters to go but I will leave more comments because this is amazing. That last part where he holds her as they ride and they don't even say anything...so touching. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
What an great start. I have seen the map and so cool that you picked Skagos. Very original. It will be neat to see if Robb can help Fallon adjust. Can't wait to read on...
StarryEyedParadise chapter 24 . 5/3/2014
This story was so exceptionally satisfying. You are so creative and inspiring in your writing. The way you take the time to flesh out even the smallest details is so well done. Fallon and Robb were perfection and I adored the Magnar family OCs you created. Thank you for this story. It has been such an inspiration to me. I can't wait for the one-shots!
DizzyDG chapter 24 . 4/22/2014
I stumbled across your story the other day, wanting to read something completed for a change and I have barely stopped reading. It was such an amazing story and I really enjoyed reading it - I actually found myself almost in tears at certain points. Very, very well done, one of the best stories I've read on here, thanks so much for sharing it. I'm heading over to your page now to see what else you've written, I can't wait for more stories from you :)