Reviews for A Little Friendly Competition
Well done. Yeah, with Spock's agility, quick mind, and mathematical understandings, I can see where he could easily master tennis. Neat twist on this paring.
Linda chapter 10 . 1/17/2014
LOVED the story! More Spock and Christine, please!
Anamary Armygram chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This is cute so far. I'm glad I came in late, so I won't have to wait for the next chapters! :)
murphycat chapter 10 . 10/13/2013
Really cute, intricate story. Was the poisoning on purpose or accidental?
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 10 . 8/12/2013
A lovely ending to a lovely story!
dizzy - in - the - izzy chapter 10 . 6/15/2013
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just read all of this in the car on the way to my grandparents house and now I cant stop smiling! I hope there is more, because I love it. :))))
T'Lu chapter 10 . 5/29/2013
Great ending chapter! I love the tension in the air when Uhura announced the challenger's identity, and the behaviour of everyone involved was very true to character. Overall, a great story. I'm looking forward to reading new stories from you!
T'Lu chapter 9 . 5/27/2013
I like this chapter. Christine is in a better place, emotionally, and Spock is fighting to get past his Vulcan half to let her know how he feels about her. The stage is set!

Looking forward to the final chapter, but I have to bail out right now. Tomorrow. :-)

Oh, one quick technical comment: If Christine had rec'd an urgent message from Earth, it would probably have gone through Uhura, so she would have known about it. And if for some reason she hadn't been at her station when it arrived, she could have found out who it was from easily once McCoy told her about it.
ImXDragon chapter 10 . 5/26/2013
Well, it certainly has been quite an amazing journey. :)
I would like to say again just how impressed I am of you and your work! In fact, perhaps I'm a bit jealous of your amazing writing abilities. ;)
I've said this before, but working with Spock's emotions and thoughts is HARD! And you do it so well!
I love the way this turned out. Uhura's good intentions, along with Chaple's dealings with her grandfather, and especially Spock and Chaple getting together; it was all heartwarming and delightful to read!
I am thoroughly looking forward to your next stories. :)
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 10 . 5/24/2013
Aaawwwwww! Yes, pure fluff. You certainly delivered on your promise, and that's good! Thank you. :-)
Schematization chapter 10 . 5/23/2013
Very, very good chapter indeed! Although I do have to admit I wasn't sure which way you were going to let the tennis champion actually be. It would be interesting to see what she would've said to Spock if she had won the match. It would been an highly illogical move on her part, :D, if she had boldly walked right to him after his defeat and claimed her prize by giving him a big old lip lock right there in front of everyone. Who knows he may have rather liked it!

But again you've done a masterful job of making sure all the characters are involved and pretty well in their character. Their dirty sneaky, underhanded characters but still their characters. It was great to see how these people who are really a family handle everyday with both the good and the bad. Doing what they have to to keep themselves on an even keel so they are able to maintain their spotless record as the best ship and crew in starfleet.

We seem to forget that they are in essence a small town floating around in space from base to base, from planet to planet. They don't always have that luxury of being to spend some free time planet sided to stretch their legs and wind their minds at the drop of hat. They also have to find ways of doing that onboard ship, considering how much time they may have to occupy in-between mission's or atleast during those mission's that are completely mundane to them. And let's face it, most of them aren't going to be able to really go off on their own to do things. They need to do things as a group of some kind. This is a great example of those times and done well. I would like to hope that this would inspire others to do similar stories of those type of moments.

Perhaps you could do something on this order save Chapel gets a little revenge on Uhura. (Granted Uhura did this in the notion of bringing these two together and is a good deed) But let's face it no good deed ever goes unpunished. So maybe Chapel could do something in return, but a little more evil but all in good fun...or not. Maybe set her up with Chekov on a blind date, ha! An ice cream social? Alright so I'm odd.

At any rate I'm glad you have much more to write for us already! I'm eager to see what you came up with for your songfics. Whatever you have come up with I'm sure it will be fun and I look forward for whatever you decide to present us with next!

Keep having that fun and keep writing!

-Schematization
T'Lu chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Nice solid chapter. I sometimes refer to these as "housekeeping" chapters. They get everything set up, get characters in place, and generally create the framework for the action in the next chapters. So, everything is ready. Everyone will be where they should be. So as a reader, I can just sit back and watch the fun unfold!
T'Lu chapter 7 . 5/18/2013
Interesting that it was Christine's voice that pulled him to consciousness. Great banter between Spock & McCoy and Christine & McCoy! I don't think enough stories show that part of Christine. She had to have used teasing to bring him out of the blue funk when things have gone wrong, or to break-up his anger. I think she probably acted as his safety valve a lot of the time.

So, it looks like Spock had a bit of an epiphany while he was out, and I'm curious to know where this is going to go.

AND, the original plot line has reappeared. I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly Uhura has in mind! :-)
T'Lu chapter 6 . 5/14/2013
Sorry I haven't reviewed in so long! I suddenly got very busy and had to stay away from fan fiction because it can be such a distraction for me. ;)

I really like the direction you're taking this, with Spock considering whether he still needs to pretend to be super-Vulcan. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of that he carries back into his conscious life when he wakes up.

There were a couple of things that bothered me, but they're not anything fatal. They could be "fixed" easily if you want to do it.

1. Christine is a super talented bio-researcher, so it angered me on her behalf that there was never any mention of her working on the problem. As opposed to your other story where Christine is a strong, capable woman, here you relegated her to a menial role in this crisis. This also ties into my next point.

2. You wrote that McCoy "hated to leave Christine with an unconscious Spock." With nothing else to go with that, it sounds like he doesn't trust her to take care of him. But *I* think the reason that he was willing to leave Spock, and that Christine wasn't sent to work on the antidote is that McCoy knows that Christine is the most qualified person to keep Spock alive until they can find the answer.

3. The extreme distress that Uhura shows caught me off guard because there's no mention of the bridge crew being told how critical Spock's condition is. In the paragraph that starts with "Uhura buried her head in her hands for a second...," you could just say something like "ever since the captain had informed the bridge personnel what had happened and how precarious Spock's condition was, Uhura had found it hard to concentrate on her job."

Please don't take these comments as bad things. When you're the one recording the story, it's sometimes hard to keep track of all the sub-plots and be aware of things that you need to make sure the readers learn. After all, you know all the details. Why don't they?

Can't wait to dive into the next chapters and see what's going on!
Schematization chapter 7 . 4/28/2013
I also forgot to add that I thought you did an excellent job of explaining the absence of M'Benga. Having Uhura and McCoy discussing it as you did was just a very clever way of doing that. I like the idea you came up with too, for his reasoning fo being temporarily away.

And the your way of showing how Chekov being the one who figured out the reasoning of Spock's illness was also slick. What was really grand about the way you did it was the reaction of the crew as they sat there listening to it all and their reaction's to it.

I also wanted to say I appreciate the fact you listen to reviewers. I don't expect you to do anything toward something one of us points out or questions. it's not necessary considering it's your story and you should do what you intend or plan on to begin with. But let me tell you, that when an author acknowledges what someone asks about or wants to know more about it's refreshing and shows how much you care about what you're doing as well. So I appreciate it both in the idea of knowing you do take the time to read what were saying as well appreciating it when I read what you've given us because I see the time you've taken in what you've sat down and given to us to read!

So keep up the good work and as always keep having fun with it too!

-Schematization