Reviews for A Little Friendly Competition
ButIHaveNoFear chapter 10 . 12/1/2016
This was a nice story, and I enjoyed it! I liked seeing the characters who normally take a back seat to other characters right in the action. Your writing is very clear, and you include good details about what characters think and feel, and what their motives are. You were able to show how the crew really looks out for each other in a non-danger situation! Where I work, the others and I can get along, and we have for years, but it certainly isn't the Enterprise!
ButIHaveNoFear chapter 8 . 12/1/2016
No wonder Kirk is a good captain; he doesn't miss a detail of his crew's behavior!
fantasyinmymind chapter 10 . 5/15/2015
YAY! So glad to see this finished. I did enjoy the behind the scenes maneuvering with Nyota and crew. Well done.
Guest chapter 10 . 1/15/2015
Well done. Yeah, with Spock's agility, quick mind, and mathematical understandings, I can see where he could easily master tennis. Neat twist on this paring.
Linda chapter 10 . 1/17/2014
LOVED the story! More Spock and Christine, please!
Anamary Armygram chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This is cute so far. I'm glad I came in late, so I won't have to wait for the next chapters! :)
murphycat chapter 10 . 10/13/2013
Really cute, intricate story. Was the poisoning on purpose or accidental?
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 10 . 8/12/2013
A lovely ending to a lovely story!
dizzy - in - the - izzy chapter 10 . 6/15/2013
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just read all of this in the car on the way to my grandparents house and now I cant stop smiling! I hope there is more, because I love it. :))))
T'Lu chapter 10 . 5/29/2013
Great ending chapter! I love the tension in the air when Uhura announced the challenger's identity, and the behaviour of everyone involved was very true to character. Overall, a great story. I'm looking forward to reading new stories from you!
T'Lu chapter 9 . 5/27/2013
I like this chapter. Christine is in a better place, emotionally, and Spock is fighting to get past his Vulcan half to let her know how he feels about her. The stage is set!

Looking forward to the final chapter, but I have to bail out right now. Tomorrow. :-)

Oh, one quick technical comment: If Christine had rec'd an urgent message from Earth, it would probably have gone through Uhura, so she would have known about it. And if for some reason she hadn't been at her station when it arrived, she could have found out who it was from easily once McCoy told her about it.
HyperionSpeck chapter 10 . 5/26/2013
Well, it certainly has been quite an amazing journey. :)
I would like to say again just how impressed I am of you and your work! In fact, perhaps I'm a bit jealous of your amazing writing abilities. ;)
I've said this before, but working with Spock's emotions and thoughts is HARD! And you do it so well!
I love the way this turned out. Uhura's good intentions, along with Chaple's dealings with her grandfather, and especially Spock and Chaple getting together; it was all heartwarming and delightful to read!
I am thoroughly looking forward to your next stories. :)
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 10 . 5/24/2013
Aaawwwwww! Yes, pure fluff. You certainly delivered on your promise, and that's good! Thank you. :-)
Schematization chapter 10 . 5/23/2013
Very, very good chapter indeed! Although I do have to admit I wasn't sure which way you were going to let the tennis champion actually be. It would be interesting to see what she would've said to Spock if she had won the match. It would been an highly illogical move on her part, :D, if she had boldly walked right to him after his defeat and claimed her prize by giving him a big old lip lock right there in front of everyone. Who knows he may have rather liked it!

But again you've done a masterful job of making sure all the characters are involved and pretty well in their character. Their dirty sneaky, underhanded characters but still their characters. It was great to see how these people who are really a family handle everyday with both the good and the bad. Doing what they have to to keep themselves on an even keel so they are able to maintain their spotless record as the best ship and crew in starfleet.

We seem to forget that they are in essence a small town floating around in space from base to base, from planet to planet. They don't always have that luxury of being to spend some free time planet sided to stretch their legs and wind their minds at the drop of hat. They also have to find ways of doing that onboard ship, considering how much time they may have to occupy in-between mission's or atleast during those mission's that are completely mundane to them. And let's face it, most of them aren't going to be able to really go off on their own to do things. They need to do things as a group of some kind. This is a great example of those times and done well. I would like to hope that this would inspire others to do similar stories of those type of moments.

Perhaps you could do something on this order save Chapel gets a little revenge on Uhura. (Granted Uhura did this in the notion of bringing these two together and is a good deed) But let's face it no good deed ever goes unpunished. So maybe Chapel could do something in return, but a little more evil but all in good fun...or not. Maybe set her up with Chekov on a blind date, ha! An ice cream social? Alright so I'm odd.

At any rate I'm glad you have much more to write for us already! I'm eager to see what you came up with for your songfics. Whatever you have come up with I'm sure it will be fun and I look forward for whatever you decide to present us with next!

Keep having that fun and keep writing!

-Schematization
T'Lu chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Nice solid chapter. I sometimes refer to these as "housekeeping" chapters. They get everything set up, get characters in place, and generally create the framework for the action in the next chapters. So, everything is ready. Everyone will be where they should be. So as a reader, I can just sit back and watch the fun unfold!