Reviews for Behind Blue Eyes
Lycopodium chapter 23 . 8/5/2015
This is really well-written and interesting. Loved every part!
wayouttamyleague chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I'm new to fanfic as of March 2014 when a story for Kev and Javi just wouldn't let me rest until I wrote and posted it. At the time I had no idea what fan fiction was, or that this site existed, and mostly read non-fiction.

During my first peruse of this site, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this story and realize just what kind of creative potential the form has. Upon reading BBE by agrove, I was completely enchanted by the writing, the AU versions of the characters, and oh-so-satisfying plot line.

I write canon hetero bromance stories for Rysposito, but so far the best examples of fanfic for the boys (that I've found thus far) have all been slash. This story (Behind Blue Eyes) and the Life series by Black Sluggard are by far the very best examples of superior storytelling I have come across.

I've reread it a few times now. And go back to chapter 3 & 4 from time to time, just to make my day more fun. The gritty AU Ryan, the mother-henning Espo, the vulnerability, and toothy action all still have their hooks in me 4 months (and many fics) later.

If you’re a Castle fan, and can roll with the slash, I highly recommend spending your time with this story. It’s still one of my favorite things that I’ve ever read - inside and outside of fanfic.

Thanks, agrove for sharing it!
wayouttamyleague chapter 23 . 3/17/2014
Dear writer,

Thank you very much for destroying my productivity, interrupting my sleep, making me blush when a Board member asked me why I had a sudden interest in fiction writing, making my partner sleep in the other room (rather than listen to my gasps and laughter while reading). I can NOT thank you, however, for making Castle reruns seem comically pedestrian (I really hope that wears off).

Truly, after reading your story I'm having a very hard time imaging my own Ryan and Espo in any non-slash context. And further, I find it kind of tragic that Seamus and Jon will never get the chance to act this. Their cannon characters kinda seem like a waste of talent to me now. Let's hope that'll pass too.

My admiration and gratitude for this work will not.
Guest chapter 23 . 11/17/2013
Wow. I just finished reading this and it was effing good. Damn. Speechless. Good ending too! You're a great writer. Most fanfic writers really overdo it, but surprisingly, this story wasn't over done. Good job. One of the best fanfics I've ever read (and there's not that many!).
AuroraBlix chapter 3 . 11/14/2013
Is Espo's character really Puerto Rican? I can't find the answer anywhere, and I haven't heard him make the double-L sound when he speaks Spanish, so I can't tell. Plus, half the stuff I read calls him "Cuban"-any confirmation for either?

: )
SilverMajix chapter 23 . 10/7/2013
You have no idea how much I ADORE this. This is seriously the best thing I've read in forever. ** I just... I love it... *sniffs and wipes away tears* You're amazing.. so amazing for writing this. ;u; 3
StormyGrey chapter 23 . 8/24/2013
So, finally finished. Really nice ending, I don't mind it's fluffy. I too think that Ryan deserves it after all he had to go through. The reunion with his sister was something I was definately waiting for. Happily ever after. That's how I like it :)
Sweet ending for an awsome story )
Now I'll go for the alternate ending... if I dare ;)
StormyGrey chapter 16 . 8/23/2013
Do you know the feeling when you are reading a really good fanfiction and you just plead it never stops?
You havea great writing style and this is actually the first time I stop reading an already complete story to leave an "interim review" before finishing.
It is just so amazing to see the character development and how Espo and Ryan grow together even thpugh I can't shake the feeling that they and their relationship were both doomed before it actually started. I just hope all this will find a happy-end. (I already figured there's an alternate ending to this, so I guess there's both? Drama and Happy ever after? I'll find out) There were moments I had to fight back tears and moments I had to laugh so hard I almost frightened my non-existent cat to death. ("fishy face" really?! lmao !) I also love the sarcastic and dark humor of Ryans and how Espo is torn between his moral and his heart.

One last thing, there are a lot of stories that use songs in their title (or chapter titles) but I haven't read a single one where it fits so perfectly.

So, I really need to go on now. Tension is eating me up.
Kudos to you.

PS: I'm not a native speaker, so all mistakes must be forgiven ;)
dee chapter 23 . 8/8/2013
I absolutely adore this story I think Kevin is adorable. I'm begging you, please write a sequel. Please continue with this story.
dee
angeltrin1 chapter 23 . 6/12/2013
Wow that was a great story! LOVE how you wrote Kevin and Javier was so sweet. This was a beautiful love story! Thanks for writing it.
Sirona chapter 23 . 5/28/2013
I was on vacation and couldn't read the last few chapters until now.
So thanks for the happy ending! :)
It was a great story and I enjoyed it very much.
SilverMidnight52 chapter 23 . 5/19/2013
I didn't know what to think when I first started this story. I mean, Ryan in the mob? No, didn't seem right. But I am so glad I kept with it. I love this story so much! It all just fits and is amazing. Amazing story.
cleverdeer chapter 23 . 5/19/2013
So I just found this fic a couple of hours ago today and I read the entire thing and wOW let me tell you that was really good. I was worried it would be cheesy or something like that but nope it was exciting and intriguing all the way through. Loved it!
Nadreth chapter 23 . 5/18/2013
Awesome! Looking forward to the dark version too!
sharkbaitz17 chapter 23 . 5/18/2013