Reviews for Five Times Danny is Jealous of Jeremy (and the One Time He Isn't)
lisa300 chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Perfect-just perfect! Can't get enough of married Danny and Mindy...
Puzzledhat chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Well congratulations! I've just read my first Danny/Mindy fic and now I see a fanfic spiral coming!

Um, you should totally be loud and proud of this! It's awesome. I'm actually astonished with how well you have their voices down. One of the things holding me back from reading Danny/Mindy fic was that I was sure no one would be able to keep everyone in character and funny, but you've blown that idea right out of the water. Especially your Danny and his thought process, it all felt dead on. And you even managed to get Morgan's voice right. Usually when I'm reading fic for a tv show it's hard for me to keep the actor's voices in my head, but with this I had no trouble whatsoever!

I loved each of the five times, especially the one where Mindy is encouraging him to ask out the waitress but then totally has his back when he gets rejected. Of course Danny would pick up on the fact that they were sleeping together. Stupid Dr. Reed and his always showing off with the piano. (hah, the line about having more than one piano! I laughed). Danny would be the best father and now I want that on the show!

(Is it weird I totally forgot that Mindy and Jeremy used to sleep together?)

AND THE BABY! Oh man, overload of feelings. Just imagine how cute those two would be with a baby! And how funny would Mindy be during labor? I love Mindy, having just given birth, being all "We have to set up a double date." Totally in character.

This was great, thanks for mentioning it to me! Although I don't know if I can thank you for sending me down this path of Danny/Mindy fics!
daysofyeshi chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Love it. Especially the last scene.
punchfacechampion chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Ahhh this is so legit! Everything you write is just awesome!
saradonic chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Ah, perfection! I'm so glad I got around to reading your stuff!
I'm so jealous of anyone who has an immediate grasp on the characters, speaking as someone who needs to be at least two and a half seasons in to really understand the dynamic of every different personality. You however, write a mean Jeremy as well as a hilarious Mindy and a seamlessly accurate Danny; excuse me while I wither away in jealousy!
I’m glad there’s a story like this out in the fandom because I remember in the first few episodes I saw, after I realized it would be leaning more towards a Danny/Mindy pairing, I did often wonder about how Danny would feel towards Jeremy, as handsome and British as he is. We do get glimpses of Danny a little annoyed by Jeremy’s easy ride through life, but it was really nice seeing it all analyzed in this way. I like the Danny/Jeremy friendship, especially because of how different they are and I loved the approach you took with it, Danny may sometimes get irritated with him, but at the end of the day they’re buds. I don’t like the idea of Danny spitefully hating Jeremy, and I’m glad this story, although it could have easily veered in that direction, did not.
You also did a brilliant job with Danny himself, I love his insecurity, although it’s not exactly what you notice unless you’re looking, but Danny is one of the most pridefully insecure characters I’ve ever seen! I loved the piano scene, because my god it’s so cannon it hurts and all your dialogue was ridiculously spot on (again, jealous, jealous jealous!)
Some of my favorite scenes include, but are not limited to:
"Danny, I woke up an hour early for four months to go to a Starbucks twenty minutes out of my way to flirt with the cute guy behind the counter. Four months! Then I found out he was gay, so now I only visit every month, and we text each other about celebrity gossip, so..." She notices Danny's blank expression so she wraps up her story. "So, basically the answer to your question is yes, women are that shallow. Sorry."
Ha! How completely Mindy! You’d expect most girls to be insulted by that statement, but of course Mindy not only accepts it, but has a perfectly quirky anecdote to go along with it.
Some of your phrasing is just spectacular: “Jeremy nods sympathetically as if he's enlightened Danny on one of the cold, harsh truths of being an average looking guy in the world.”
“"Again, I have no idea what you're talking about, Detective Castellano. Playing CSI: New York again or something?" Mindy exchanges a look with Jeremy as the two fight back a smile.
"Yeah, Danny, playing Law & Order again or something?" Jeremy adds, jumping in on the joke.”
Sneaky! This is a nod back to the pilot, Mindy and Jeremy ganging up on poor Danny, but again it’s perfectly in-character and I mean it when I say you have a real gift with this. Main characters are easy to master, minor ones not so much, but you even wrote an impeccable Betsy, despite how little she was featured.
All in all a fun read, that last line had me sighing because of how sweet and how /Danny/ it all was.
I look forward to reading more from you, Sara!
shopgirl909 chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Enjoyed it all but...

VERONICA MARS REFERENCE FOR THE WIN!
jka1 chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Awesome story and I'm so glad they had a baby! Hope it happens in the show eventually haha
Ooh a Jellybean chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
It was weird to see them having a kid after the past 5 were pre-relationship.
The baby thing was so adorable. Of course Mindy contributed to the kick starter.
AtLoLevad chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Eeeee! I really loved that! It was so good. You have a really good grasp on writing Mindy, Danny and Jeremy. I'm really glad I got involved with this show.
IslandGem chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
LOVED this fic! You write Danny & Mindy so well! The dialogue is so funny! The references to Veronica Mars were so cleverly woven in here. Thanks for this :)
bsloths chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
one: The World Series stuff was hilarious.

two: Aww, poor Danny. I don't know how he works with those two sometimes, I really don't. I like to imagine that all three of them truly are great doctors but they just have very different styles. So I hope if Jeremy is going to steal his patients at least they'll be getting good care!

three: That scene needs to happen on the show. NEEDS. TO.

four: Tom reference FTW! I really need to know what went on in that relationship because it's just such a hot mess.

five: Bahahahaha! Love: "Wouldn't you rather sound like that than sound like how you sound?" He pauses to consider his sentence and adds, "I hope that sentence sounded okay."

one: You ... It ... That ... MAGIC. MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC. This is completely and totally future!canon in my head. I am grinning so hard right now. MAGIC. (Also, Mindy being a Veronica Mars fan is the best thing ever. I can't even.)
Brixon chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Oh, this was such a wonderful story, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The last part was too cute. Just love this couple, wonder how many episodes they'll drag it out before Danny and Mindy become a thing. Well thank you for satisfying my craving.

Lots of love,
TSL
didi6 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Great storie, whrite soon plz!
elaG eissaK chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Perfect.
silver tears and wasted fears chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
oh my GOD this was too perfect i'm dead goodbye this was amazing