Reviews for The Transmigration Effect
Okiro Benihime chapter 30 . 1/6
This fic leaves me feeling conflicted, you must have done something right considering I just bombed the whole thing out in a day but now that I'm here at the end I have to admit, the feeling I'm left with isn't exactly positive. Now full disclaimer, these are all personal issues, I'm certain other readers love the fic to death and objectively I can say it was amazingly written.

I think, for me, the downhill spiral so to say began with the cerberus infiltrator plot line. That introduced us to Parker's abilities in espionage, however it was also pretty much the moment he stopped being a medic. Granted he provided medical support here and there, but it was mostly just "apply medi-gel to affected area, leave Chakwas to deal with the rest", which in all honesty, anyone could've done, in fact I'm like 90% certain that was Kaidan's actual role on the ground team in canon. I disagree with how Parker's espionage abilities were introduced, because there was no real development for them, they just kinda happened, and all the exposition on it came out after the skills were introduced. It came across as almost a retcon, completely unplanned and that was pretty grating. Of course I'm not claiming that it was unplanned or off the cuff, that's just how it felt to me.

My next issue was the Rachni situation. While unique and interesting it kind of just...happened, it would've been nice to set some kind of premise for biotic gene transfer, as part of his medical biotics programme or even just a dialogue with a geneticist at Peak 15, as it stands the explanation was severely lacking. altering Biotics to create "Life force", the current hypotheses that Dark Matter could probably do literally anything are all well and good, hell who am I to say that element zero can't alter DM into matter like that? I just wish it was fleshed out more, better explanations for the process would've fixed the issue fine.

Moving on to the final act. All the deaths. This one is mostly personal for me, although I do believe there are some objective issues with how they were handled. Personally I dislike reading stories where the good guys drop like flies. I am fine with a death here and there, but on Virmire where Ashley and Wrex died in consecutive chapters? That's laying it on thick, and honestly I think I kind of shut off once Wrex bit the bullet, I noticed myself skimming heavily after that, hell I'll admit that I skipped Ilos almost completely to see the final battle. Now my personal loathing of tragedy and angst aside, the deaths actually had very little impact, not much time was allocated to the reactions or the repercussions of the events, it was like "Wrex is dead, move on. Ashley got curbstomped, move on, Kaiden got bisected, fuck him". I don't know if it was due to skim reading the dialogue and the odd sentence here or there but it felt rushed.

And now I come to the crux of the matter. The pacing. I think literally every single one of my issues can be contributed to a lack of development, a lack of explanation or bad pacing. The beginning of the fic was incredibly promising, we got a good amount of info on his background. The events on the citadel were well written and interesting to read, Therum was an absolute masterpiece, the action scenes were great, there was top quality banter. All in all a very enjoyable read. Then all the things I talked about earlier in my review started happening and I pushed on, mostly because individually the issues I stated didn't bother me all that much. I could accept that Parker was suddenly a budding Varys, I could enjoy Rachni ex Machina, and I could understand characters dropping like flies. I can't enjoy or accept all three.

Now don't get me wrong, you're a fine author, this is probably one of the better Mass Effect SI's out there, and there's a good chance I will be checking out the sequel, hopefully Mass Effect 2 will kind of be a clean slate (saying that, now that Wrex is dead I have no reason to care about the Krogan, bring on that Genophage).
SidJ chapter 29 . 10/13/2015
I originally liked Parker. Trained as by an Asari commando and prepared for years to fight for Shepard. Yet now I dislike him. He knew basically from birth that he would be fighting with shepard and yet in all that time he never learned to shoot a gun, to hack, or doing anything useful except the basics of Asari biotic fighting. By the end of the story he proved to be kinda useless all around and just made the story worse. I guess it is good that he lost his memories of the future so he cant see how much he fucked up. Dude turned out to be worse than useless. He changed nothing for the better and I am boggled by how that is even possible. Seriously, that's beyond stupid. The only way he could have done a worse job is if he tried to. Im almost laughing in frustration.
SidJ chapter 27 . 10/13/2015
This chapter wasn't as depressing. Is this a sign it's getting better for Parker and co? Crossing fingers.
SidJ chapter 25 . 10/13/2015
This story is now really depressing. I think it's just the hope that it gets better is making me read. Who would think a fan fiction will be more depressing and sad than canon. I think after Rachnifying Parker the story just got sadder and tougher to read. The mood of the story steadily gets more sad gradually but I don't think I noticed until after Rachnifying Parker. Then I realized the previous fun and cool moments that I loved haven't showed up since then. No knew techniques or getting stronger and nothing good has happened to Parker.
SidJ chapter 22 . 10/13/2015
This story is becoming depressing. Jeez, Rachnifying Parker ruining any life he could have had and ruining all the relationships he was building and now killing Wrex?
SidJ chapter 12 . 10/13/2015
Parker seems quite useless compared to everybody else. Will he be trained in guns and other armaments soon to expand past being just a fist fighter? Or will he learn more long distance biotics?
SidJ chapter 11 . 10/13/2015
Could Parker speed himself up with biotics? Or teach himself moves from the third game that havent been invented or known widely yet? Also why not give the first name? When he makes close friends or a girlfriend will you still beep it out or have them call him by his last name?
SidJ chapter 4 . 10/13/2015
I want to see a cool biotic blade. Could you make weapons out of biotics and sharpen them to a molecular level with biotics? I think that would be pretty cool.
SidJ chapter 3 . 10/13/2015
I hope Parker does end up with Eri. Thats too good of a catch to give up. Stupid, letting risk of melding destroy that.
ExS-DrIfTeRr chapter 20 . 9/11/2015
WTF... ever since the Rachni saved him its gone downhill

I hope it gets better in the next few chapters
HellsMaji chapter 2 . 9/2/2015
Okay, I call BS. There's no way in hell that the Alliance would go through the hassle of BUYing kids, raising them for twelve years, and NOT teaching them a lick of self-defense/martial arts. Especially with all their propaganda to try to make them join the military. All he was taught was "how to throw a punch"? No remotely buying it.
Blaze1992 chapter 28 . 8/15/2015
Okay That's it you're evil! I think you want the fight with the reapers to hellish as can be for your story.
Blaze1992 chapter 23 . 8/15/2015
At this point in the story this gets a Disappointing 5 out of 10. The idea was good but the way you went with it made it like was a train crash but you can't turn away.I get with SI story's you have to change canon a little. But you went to far with changes mostly with the plot and character changes. 1st Heavily involving The Shadow Broker and Cerberus into the story. Don't get me wrong it's fun to see some spy moments in ME. But between Cerberus controlling all of Alliance intelligence, Trying to steal the Normandy, attempting to kill the ground crew of Shepard's team. Then Shadow broker force recruiting your SI when one of the none ground members of the Normandy would've been a better spy. 2nd your revival of SI and in the process of that him losing what spotty memory he had of the games. Also making him part Rachni with time limit on his life. 3rd You Killing off Wrex and Ashley and God forbid anyone else. Not to mention you giving the Geth Biotics near the endgame of ME1. No offence but with 300 years if it was possible they would've done it already. Basically you are making more bad moves than good. No Wrex means unified peaceful Krogan. Killing off Ashley early you just basically made it obvious now the choice will be between Kaidan or SI to be left behind.
CaptureGod-Otamegane chapter 5 . 8/7/2015
Who doesn't love a good barrier warrior, shield hero for the win!
SeverlyLate chapter 4 . 7/5/2015
What,s wrong with you? Just give the wuss some made up name instead of ****. That,s really kind of retarded...