Reviews for The Transmigration Effect
trninjakiller chapter 1 . 3/26
Dude centimeters is metric not imperial.
Lara Jayd chapter 31 . 3/6
Really good story, I loved reading it. You're an excellent action writer, and I find those are few and far between. I look forward to your sequel!
Lara Jayd chapter 29 . 3/6
Ooh, well done. I got the shivers at the very last bit, Tayseri Ward.
Lara Jayd chapter 24 . 3/6
Loved this chapter! Really really good work. I like how you set us on edge by killing off Wrex, who had been a focal character up to now, then completely changed the focus of the game from Shepard's team to Kirrahe's. The STG are awesome. And the fight between Shepard and Saren was done so well. Because you had shaken things up with killing Wrex and Ash I found myself wondering if you would kill Kaidan too, or even Saren. Good job!
Lara Jayd chapter 20 . 3/5
The transition between the previous chapter and this one was very disconcerting. In the previous one you seemed to be setting up for a good fight, an action scene or two while the team took back the Normandy, and then suddenly in this chapter we had skipped ahead a few days. I was so disappointed. :(
I still love your writing and I'm interested to see where you take the story, though Parker having all these weird new abilities does seem a tiny bit overpowered.
Also, one other thing - he doesn't seem too connected to any of the crew, really. He's just sort of along for the ride. There don't have to be any romances but there could be some good chats with crew members (like Tali back at the start of the story).
Lara Jayd chapter 17 . 3/5
I found the past two chapters to be a little frustrating, I have to say. I really like that you've given Shepard a weakness in that she sucks at spycraft but I think there's a fine line between that and making her seem borderline incompetent, even stupid. I also like that you've set Parker up to be able to help her with that shortcoming, but there's a line between that and having him act like a condescending asshole. I think that with both lines, you may have slightly crossed them. :/

If you want me to go into that more, PM me, I'd be happy to help out. I love your writing!
Lara Jayd chapter 5 . 3/4
Haha I love the Aussie wildlife lecture. Hello fellow Aussie!
Lara Jayd chapter 4 . 3/4
I would not call this chapter tiresome at all! It was a really well done introduction into the ME canon, like you say, and for those of us who know it already it was so satisfying to see our favourite characters written so well. Your OC fits in perfectly and the fight scenes were done very well. Another fantastic job!
Lara Jayd chapter 2 . 3/4
I'm really loving this story so far! I like your OC, he seems to have a good balance of power and knowledge and he's very likeable. I also like that you didn't go the obvious route and have him and Ash become buddy-buddy straight up. Your writing style is very good too (English/spelling/grammar, all that stuff) and your pacing has been great. Nice work!
zGreece chapter 29 . 2/16
Called it on who the spy was!
shugokage chapter 30 . 1/16
A beautiful well done story thanks!
illuminios chapter 29 . 1/14
Well, that certainly puts things into perspective.
The thing is, all of this could actually have happed. All of those lives could have ended in the attack. In a LOT of ways. Merely by chance, mind you. You just gave a more or less realistic way it could go, if on a more "tragically-morbid" side of the scales (with "ideal ending", being, of course, canon fight).

Me likes. Do go on.
illuminios chapter 24 . 1/14
...Nice. However, third death would have been quite natural in such circumstances. It's really strange that Shepard's managed to survive, after all that beating.

Your protagonist is losing himself, though. He becomes really hard to sympathize with. We see less and less introspection with every chapter. Now, when the fight is - temporarily - over, we should see it, I guess.
illuminios chapter 23 . 1/13
Ash now. That's sad.
Well, the foreshadowing wasn't exactly subtle, but I'm glad you had the guts to go through with it. Killing off characters in such "unepic" way so often usually repels readers very fast.

Still, the story proves to be more and more original, yet stays locked on rail-road of canon - which is quite a pity, really. You could take the story auch far away places... But the Shadow Broker and Sha'ira developments keep me interested, so I'll stay for now ;-)
illuminios chapter 22 . 1/13
Wrex, Huh. Didn't expect this one. Drama intensifies, which is good. Perfect solutions for Paragons were always quite mind-boggling for my tastes.
You can't solve every problem with talking, unfortunately.