Reviews for Fleeting thoughts
because-it-was-real chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I love it! That doubt/guilt must have been there, I won't believe that Scar was just all bad, and you've captured that absolutely fine. Especially the last few sentences make me feel bad for Scar. I mean, I don't feel like he's ever gotten any satisfaction out of being the King: all these people mentioning Mufasa as a better one. ):
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I actually read this quite a while ago but never got around to reviewing it.

Well that's easy to fix.

It's well written and in character, the ego of Scar is well done but I enjoyed the moment of doubt that flashed through his mind however briefly.

The thought that Scar actually enjoyed having Simba around on occasion is very interesting.

Good work.
T5Tango chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Another brillant oneshot.

Alright, first off, I'd like to again, commend you for your mastery of the first person point of view. You do a really great job with it!

As far as your portrayl of Scar, I thought it was spot on. Too many times his evil side is eitehr overdone, making him more of a cliche villian plot device OR his evilness is underplayed making him just a whiny little wimp who gets mad when he doesn't get his way. You however, found the perfect balance for Scar. The small back and forth with himself, the arrogrant references to his own brilliant mind, and the vows for ultimate revenge were all so Scar. Really great one-shot.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I'm glad you think the same way I do about Scar. When I first watched the movie, I thought he was pure evil, then I heard about his past and how most likely he was messed up by it. I really like this point of view to Scar, nice job.

P.S. Thanks for reading and reviewing my story!
Incarnate Firefly chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Nice oneshot. It's clear that Scar has misgivings about killing Simba even if he doesn't want to admit it completely. He doesn't seem to want to admit that he isn't absolutely in compassion either, even though it shows through his doubts and his feeble attempts to ignore them. I like the way you ended it too, "After today no one will ever say 'Uncle Scar' again" is a nice mix of a declaration with that obvious hint of regret to it. Great job!
LionLover23 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Great oneshot! I like it how you made Scar think about to kill his family or not.
ItDoesntMatterNow95 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
That was really good one shot. I like how you you've shown Scar's inner thoughts. His dilemma to kill or not to kill his nephew is quite convincing. Good job!