Reviews for Noble Curse
Kyu-Momo chapter 17 . 5/11
Yay! You updated! :3

It's really hard to find Lon'qu stories so I'm very happy that this fic is still ongoing!
Keep up the great work!
WritingWolf14 chapter 2 . 5/10
lol Frederick the Wary! Great chapter I think you portrayed Frederick well!
WritingWolf14 chapter 1 . 5/10
Aw! This is so cute! I love Lon'qu and Lissa ship so much!
KumoriDragon chapter 17 . 5/9
Aah, this was a good update. 3 Poor Lissa has a lot on her mind, I just want to give her a hug! ;n; Looking forward to reading the rest. C:
Lilybud chapter 17 . 5/9
A short chapter, but it definitely did its job of showing how much Lissa has matured from the rather spoiled girl to a regal princess. I liked the structure, how it went from the battlefield to the continuation of the chapter prior. It is so gladdening to see this story being continued! I'm looking forward to re-reading this story once it's finished, to experience all the quality and thought that has been put into it without interruptions. Thank you for writing such a lovely tale! :)
DraconicFeline13 chapter 16 . 4/10
I have been quietly following this story since its first few chapters, and even now, nearly two years later, I have to say this is without a doubt the best FE:A related piece of literature I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Your depictions of Chrom, Frederick, Lissa, and Lon'qu are delightfully in character, with beautifully-written inner monologues and conversations that surpass even their in-game counterparts. Not a single line of dialogue is out of place; even the minor characters in this story are given a voice completely faithful to their personalities in the game, if not better. For instance, this is probably the only time I've ever seen Miriel retain her characteristic use of a large vocabulary, yet do so in a way that doesn't make me want to smack her upside the head. I think the difference here is that her word choice doesn't seem ridiculously over the top; she gets her point across just fine without being needlessly and excruciatingly pretentious. There's more focus on her overall pattern of speech, rather than plucking words at random out of perfectly ordinary sentences and replacing them with more complex synonyms. You can actually understand what she's saying; she sounds ieducated/i rather than pompous (which I think was the original intention with her character, but my guess is that it was translated a bit clumsily during localization).

And that's just one example. I could go on, but I'll try not to turn this into an essay. I won't even get into how much I love your characterizations of the main four in this story, because then this review would be ten pages long. Suffice it to say that they are extremely well done, and you should take pride in that, because I am extremely picky. (No, really; OOC-ness is the first thing I look for in any fanfic. To me, keeping the characters iin/i character is the most important thing, above all else. Doing it well is extremely difficult, and the people who are good at it don't often get the credit they deserve.)

Then, of course, there's your descriptive technique, and the way you've flawlessly melded the timeline of the game's plot and several different supports together. My skills are in character development; I could never tie everything together the way you have, balancing in-game scenes with my own original narrative, putting in just the right amount of contextual detail to make the story flow. You've managed to paint a perfectly clear picture of life in Chrom's army, from training to traveling to battles to everything in between, even while jumping from multiple POVs within the same location and timeframe. At this, I can only really stare in awe.

I could say so much more, but for now I want to just wrap this up with a single request-continue this story. Please. It's been over a year now since the last update, and while I completely understand the delay (life goes on, things happen, etc.), it would be a tragedy to abandon this masterpiece entirely. If you think that it's been forgotten, I can assure you that I, at the very least, have been hopefully checking this fic for possible updates (with varying frequency, but at least once a month) since January of 2014. The Lissa x Lon'qu pairing in particular also does not get anywhere near the amount of love and attention it deserves, and I have never seen a piece of artwork, literature or otherwise, that captures them as perfectly as this one does. If I don't at least get to read your version of their S support, I fear I will one day die unsatisfied. (Okay, I'm being a just little bit melodramatic now, but you get the point.) I'm writing this review in the hopes that it will draw your attention back onto this story and give you the motivation you need to finish strong, as you originally intended.

In the meantime, I'll be waiting-I haven't given up yet, and I don't plan to for a good long while!
Skyogenic chapter 16 . 8/29/2014
This is amazing! Definitely the best Fire Emblem Awakening fic I've ever read! I love how vague you are about Robin's gender and any potential outside pairings that would detract from the story. It's always disappointing to find a well-written piece centering on a pairing one might support, but then finding that another "side" or "background" pairing that one does NOT support was incorporated into the story as well. Granted...you could throw a wrench into this whole thing and just make Frederick win over Lissa's affections in the end (which I don't support), but at this point, I don't care! The story is just too good and the plot is very well thought out. I love how you incorporate and expand on the game's main storyline and the Lon'quxLissa supports without making the story repetitive or dull. Very, VERY well done! I eagerly look forward to future updates. :D

I'm honestly surprised it took you so long to find a beta-reader. Had I stumbled upon this lovely piece of fiction sooner, I would have jumped at the opportunity to help without hesitation.

Anyway, here's to you and your beta. You've earned a loyal follower, regardless of the pairings you happen to support. Good luck and happy writing! :D

Sky
Anony-moose chapter 16 . 8/2/2014
I absolutely LOVE this fic! It's very beautifully written, completely in-character, and the drama is elegantly delivered and well-served with a slice of humor in some parts. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter! You are a lovely writer, I will definitely be checking out your other works! :)
murky burning chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I read this fic a couple weeks ago and am just now getting to review/fave/follow it. I hope you'll continue writing it! I started reading this because of Lissa/Fred but I'm really enjoying Lon'qu and Chrom's POV's too. This is my favorite and probably one of the best FE:A fics I've read so far, I really hope to read more chapters from you!
Goku's Donut chapter 16 . 2/12/2014
Holy buns, did Lon'qu just GO there!?

Honestly, I wonder what's troubling him. He usually has a tight lock on his emotions, but he was really out of sorts.

Frederick, Frederick, Frederick. Oh, Freddy Bear. I dunno if he approached Lon'qu out of duty or concern. A part of me feels as if he should've left the man alone, since Fred, I think, plays a part in why Lon'qu is feeling the way he does. And I know that it was Lissa that ran up the stairs. I hope they reconcile with each other (Lon'qu, swallow your pride and apologize already, sheesh, lol).

Did I ever tell you that you write a good Tharja? Because, you do. She's a perfect combination of creepy, funny, and sneaky. I wonder if she'll really hex Frederick - I wouldn't put it past her if she did.

Lissa's chapter is next, and I'm really anticipating it, mainly because I wanna know what she thinks about whatever Freddy told her, and the action, as well as the matter concerning Lon'qu.
Tiquismiquis chapter 16 . 1/23/2014
Ahh, Lon'qu. I feel so bad for him. I like how you do that, with each chapter. You always manage to make me root for the narrator, even though I'm rooting on the opposite side in the next chapter, somehow. I also really liked the mood whiplash of Frederick smiling as he confesses he's so mad he'd beat Lon'qu up if he could, to him finding the perfect solution for Lissa learning to fight and seeming so proud of that and her and all the things, and then Lon'qu basically verbally stabbing him. KO. That was so mean for him to say but he's so angry this entire chapter that it felt justified. (Heck, I'd be frustrated to death with Lissa, too.) Man I just feel bad for everybody oh my gosh. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Yakumo2112 chapter 16 . 1/22/2014
Whao. Simply an amazing story, I love every detail and how you get into everyone's relationships. I think Robin is a bit left out, thought. It'd interesting to see how she fits in the story, particulary in some moments I think we should've had her input. For example, when Chrom lost control. If not, she is being a little bit passive.
On another topic, I really love the relationships you've created, the one with Maribelle and Lissa was superb. And Tharja being so..witchy? Spectacular :D
Hope to read an update soon :D
Kyu-Momo chapter 16 . 1/22/2014
Yay you upated! Another aweosme chapter! Great work! :3
Tiquismiquis chapter 15 . 1/16/2014
"I want YOU!" Haaahaha, poor Freddy-bear. Also, carrying Chrom back to his room (in what I can only imagine is bridal-style) is gold. Is this turning into a ChromxFrederick? IS THAT WHAT I SEE? Cuz I ain't complainin'. But pretty much everything has been tough to tell, with this story.

Oh Lon'qu, why you gotta be so scared of women and panic and try to kill t3h Tharja. Now Lissa believes herself to be in love with a homicidal maniac.

AND THE END. FREDERICK. MY HEART. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME I am too much of a hopeless romantic I cannot take it. And you coupled it with that awesome metaphor from the first scene. And you haven't updated in a while either, which makes me nervous xD. This is one of the only FE: Awakening fics I have EVER enjoyed, hence my annoying and dogged determination to review every single chapter, and I'd hate to see it end. (But you say you're busy, so I hope that's all!) You just put so much life in every character AND YOU END ON NOTES LIKE THIS AHHHH. So, eagerly awaiting the next chapter, whenever you get to it,

Tiquismiquis chapter 14 . 1/16/2014
"The letter 'C' should be knighted" omg you killed me.

Other details of awesomeness: the magic that "separates" Chrom from his sisters and how that reminds him of Emmeryn, Fred hitting Chrom in general (WHY CAN'T HE DO THAT in my game), Tharja having a slippery name, "it was a pretty fall" and how Frederick immediately WILL NOT HAVE THAT, "without graphic means as an uncomfortable sort of way".

I wondered how Flavia so conveniently found a trap door, but whatever. I like this story too much to care. You write everybody so well. I pretty much just can't find good enough words to review with.