Reviews for No Matter How Tall You Get
kili's smile chapter 11 . 4/23
Awww, "it takes a village to raise a child," and the dwarves know it. My fave scenes from the movie are Durin family scenes. I fast forward through millions of dollars of special effects, just to see gruff old Thorin smile tenderly at Kili. Thank you for these stories, they are really special!
PiptheSnake chapter 11 . 1/8
Ack, my feels! This is possibly the sweetest thing I've come across in a long time. Thanks for posting, it was very enjoyable to read :)
Stormcutter684 chapter 11 . 1/8
Awww, now that was just sweet. I love how you focused on each and every dwarf in the group, on their personalities, tough but with a soft side.
Your writing flowed beautifully with no errors, and I love the cute family fluff. It was so sweet, it made me feel warm. :)
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 5 . 10/21/2014
"Too old to be children, too young to be men..."

Yeah, that's always depressing...
TheHaloFreak chapter 11 . 7/4/2014
This story is ridiculously adorable and I loved very chapter! So cute! Ma gosh. I can't even. My mind may never recover from the images of cuteness you have exposed it to! I live thinking about the company stepping in and gathering Fili and Kili.
Luzith chapter 11 . 5/8/2014
Looooved it
AnastaziaDanielle chapter 11 . 4/6/2014
Thanks for sharing this story! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the way you wrote Fili and Kili.
SiZodiac chapter 10 . 3/4/2014
I (sadly) couldn't find the illustration for ch9 on your blog, but when I read that chapter I thought of a fanart that strongly resembled it. that is, of Balin tucking Fili and Kili to bed. It's call "Sleep well" with two pictures.

anyway, love this story so so much!
SiZodiac chapter 3 . 3/4/2014
This story is not "funny" to me, it is extremely moving and heartwarming. Some chapters have me in tears by the end. Thumb up!
Arekkusu Naitofaia chapter 11 . 1/31/2014
This was such a sweet story! I have to admit the Thorin chapter was my favourite simply because I'm a sucker for Durin family bonding and I think it's adorable when that majestic hottie gets all soft with his nephews. I love how you wrote this and how all the dwarves are really just one big adorable family. Even u gotta say that the Company is far more amazing than the Fellowship. The dwarves are just so great together. Thanks got this awesome fluffy family stuff, gotta love Fili and Kili in all their adorableness!
Bundibird chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
I really enjoyed this. :) Some of the scenes were SO ADORABLE I just sat here and squirmed with delight.

I wholeheartedly agree with your primary concept too. Just because someone's not your father by blood doesn't mean they can't fill that role. As someone who grew up in a singleparent household and never met my actual father, I 100% agree with you and have personal experience with this. I've got several father figures that looked after me growing up and continue to look out for me now, even though I'm "all growed up" now.

And it's interesting how some people just don't get it. I wrote a Supernatural fic a few years ago talking about how Dean's always been more of a father to Sam than John ever was, and a family friend (from an "unbroken home") read it and afterwards was talking about how he could see how I might relate to Sam, not having a father, and that wasn't the point AT ALL. The point was that John wasn't an A father, but it didn't matter, because someone stepped up and filled the role, and did a damn good job of it. But some people just... have trouble understanding that concept.

So this - two boys who've grown up without a father and who are fully grown now, but who have had and who STILL have an entire company of people looking out for them and filling out the range of fatherly duties - was great. I really enjoyed reading this whole fic. :)

Thanks for the read!

Bundi.
bluestring chapter 11 . 12/30/2013
Ugh, dear gosh. I can't believe this story is over :'(
It was so majestic and beautiful, I tell you!
And your writing style really kept me wanting more and reading non-stop. (Which actually happened since I finished it in around 4 hours).
So, yeah, it's my favorite and I can't wait for you to make more :D
Nearing Midnight chapter 11 . 12/17/2013
Well-written, amusing story! :)
Aranna Undomiel chapter 11 . 8/24/2013
Well, real life managed to drive me away from reading this fic, but now I've finally managed to finish it :) Really loved it, all the different ways the older dwarves and Bilbo had their own way of showing their affection for the brothers. Would have loved to see a chapter with Ori too, even though he is technically younger than them. Am quite curious to see your take on their relationship :)
MoonCrown chapter 11 . 7/14/2013
I love, love, love, LOVE, everything about this fic :' fantastic job, it's perfect! :'D