Reviews for A Lane to the Land of the Dead
The Mome Raths Outgrabe chapter 4 . 4/6/2014
poor loki what going on with William?
The Mome Raths Outgrabe chapter 2 . 4/6/2014
lol your story so far has proved to be very entertaining
The Mome Raths Outgrabe chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
awesome loved the scene between loki and the sorcerer
HowDracoGotHisGrooveBack chapter 14 . 2/24/2014
*sniffles*

It was certainly a different spin from the others. I have to say I'm glad you left it when you did, even though I found it very gripping and a brilliant read. It just seems so inevitable and sad and I'd rather not be around when it happens, you know?

All said and done, it was fantastic. But if you'll excuse me, I'm going to read the first four parts of the Teamwork series again to cheer myself up again...
HowDracoGotHisGrooveBack chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
The sorcerer begging to be arrested was BRILLIANCE! XD

Loki jumping on him in seething fury while the avengers look on...oh god, I may never stop laughing.
GlOmP3R chapter 14 . 1/26/2014
It was not miserable ! I was emotional feels (: and I loved Evey part of it ! Kickass job , I loved this, so much feels, so much emotion, I loved it all to much ! You should be proud ! I certainly am proud of you ! This was an amazing fiction , and it truly is great.
Unazure chapter 14 . 1/12/2014
Personally I believe William owns Loki an apologize, for Loki at present does love William, and what he forced Loki to do is cruel and unfair. Either failed rescuing William or not, it's Loki in the future, not the Loki in present. Though feeling sorry for WIlliam, but being tortured for 300 years does not excuse him from hurting innocents (though he started with criminals but we all see how that went completely overboard), especially a father who loves him so much. Plus in the end we never know what exactly happened in the future and why future Loki never comes to Williams rescue, which makes William's decision "Force my father to end my miserable life no matter what" seems like a mere reckless tantrum. In the end I was like "Why didn't William seek vengeance over Thanos; who is the true cause of all his pains; but instead William dumped his miserable over who actually cares about him! (/A)/ \\"

The thing with time travelling story, there are often the two possible development that 1) What meant to be happened will eventually happen, and even when one tries to change the event in one way it will still happen in another way. 2) What are about to happen can be changed, which made the other time a parallel universe. This one fic so far seems like going through development #1, still there are many unresolved waiting to be answered. Such as can this time travel later on turn to development #2, that since the 1st future William died in the past, does that mean the 2nd future William can travel to the further future of development #1, for the original him no longer exist in the time?

My apologize if the last paragraph doesn't make sense or is interrupting how you wish your story to go. It's just that I've been reading through all Thor & Avengers fictions I can find in the past 3 months, and among them all your fictions are my favourites. I wonderful to see how there can be a different path for events to develop, and how lovely each one of the characters can be when they can actually get along. And in the end, it's your story, how it goes and end is completely up to you. Still I hope Loki gets the apologize he deserves from William, and that there will be a happy end with him and Loki... there I said it!
07Dwelling29In19Fantasy94 chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Amazing story from what I've read so far. Plus, I love the title. Auden is my favorite.
kisshufan4ever chapter 14 . 11/29/2013
I loved this story :) adding mcr into it made it that much better lol I really enjoyed the plot you had me near tears at some points
Junglecat9 chapter 14 . 5/13/2013
It is totally a depressing story but I love all the emotion . This is one of the best stories I've read :) keep writing... I love your stories!
Maia2 chapter 14 . 4/17/2013
Yikes. This was dark, and depressing, and angsty. Of course, it was also kind of gory, but the feeling of inevitability of it all just trumps that. It's hard to think this is the same series that had people chasing dragons or hugging each other constantly. I can't imagine what it was for you, having your own happy, if a bit poignant verse turn into this.
Don't get me wrong, it's quite powerful, and well written, and the emotions it evokes strike true. And I believe it's a beautiful story fitting the Norse theme of prophecies and things that cannot be stopped (Ragnarok, anyone?). Well done in that regard.
And Loki was heart-wrenching, and Thor was adorable and Tony was scary-good. William was very well depicted as a total psychopath. He was truly frightening.
Again, beautifully written, although I am now completely depressed.
kogouma chapter 14 . 4/15/2013
this was a fantastic story, i loved it! and i really love the friendship between Loki and Tony, they're both witty and smart so they fit. and i really can't wait for Marvel phase 2, it should be good. they need to get to the magic part of the thing so they can bring in Doctor Strange. anyways, great story and keep up the amazing work! :D
Annette chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
Don't be hard on yourself the story is great as it is. I enjoyed the storyline and thought your characterisation was good. Please keep writing and sharing your work with us all.
Lumoa chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
Aghhhhhh! My poor heart! (Pun not intended) This was really great but really sad and angsty. I like to think William was lying about Stark, I feel awful for him though. I'm pissed off at Thanos now. I was really hoping for a ray of light but there wasn't really any. Now I want to go back and read the light fluffy stuff.
Evilnor chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
You're right, this is indeed a miserable fic, as in the characters are utterly miserable, especially Loki. I've gotta wonder, though, the one chapter when William is impaled on a steel pole and concrete gets dumped on him, shouldn't he have not been able to come back for 1000 years? He didn't just stop existing just because he was buried, though if he was lying about that detail of his ability, he wouldn't have needed to travel so far back into the past to find out why his dad didn't love him like he thought he should be loved.

Also, apparently Asgard doesn't believe in mercy killings, because clearly that's what William wanted. Usually normal cases like William's end in suicide, institutionalization, or heavy medication, but those are not an option, in this case. It's like a debate about assisted suicide with the added complication of the parent being the one to pull the plug. Oddly, I could see Odin granting his request more readily.

Loki will get over it eventually, though, especially since Tony's there to cheer him up. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks Loki and Tony would get along really well if they could both get past the fact that Loki's a genocidal psychopath. If anyone can see past that little detail (besides Thor), it's Tony.

Overall, entertaining, if emotional roller-coaster-y. I'm glad you didn't make us wait long for the conclusion.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »