Reviews for The Air Tonight
corlando chapter 2 . 5/17/2015
I absolutely love this one. It's sad but beautiful at the same time. Thank you for writing it.
bingblot chapter 6 . 10/28/2014
This series is just lovely, your description of the Hamptons just beautifully written. And I just LOVE the way you write Castle and Beckett together, so perfect and so sweet and so THEM.

Can't wait to see more.
The Keddster chapter 6 . 9/25/2014
My fave chapter so far. I just loved this. Perfect.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/19/2014
I love AU season 4 story and this one is definitely one of my fav !
Castlelover777 chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Great! All six chapters were wonderful!
Melwilliams316 chapter 6 . 2/16/2014
I just now came across these and still wanted to thank you for writing them. I loved reading each one. I read earlier your wonderful story with this upcoming episode about their song and that drew me to these stories. Thank you again. You made these unseen moments come to life.
huntaj18 chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
It has taken me forever to review this. I'm so sorry. On the plus side I get to read it again! I love your writing so much but there is something about these Hamptons fics.

I LOVE the beginning. I love the boys being there. It's just so fun and perfectly them. I love (need a new adjective here...) Kate just kinda sitting back taking it all in... The fun flirty banter between her and Castle.

The scene between the two of them in the hallway is great. I love the stories about Alexis's (ugh still hate her though) childhood. Castle in daddy mode is one of my favorite things.

this is Castle, and they're always just one step away from either diving in or completely imploding- I love this. It's so so true. So much to gain but even more to lose.

where two hammock chairs hang suspended underneath one of the wooden planks.- OMG gorgeous. I want to go there

"Sit with me for a little while?"- oh man. Here we go.

He'd give her the world if only she'd let him- awwww. I swoon

"Castle, I'm in love with you."- shuuuuuuuut up with this.

Because she knows now what it's like to almost die, to lie there cradled beneath him and only have one regret, only one thought in her mind.-can I cry over this? Can I?

tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "I love you too- the hair thing kills me. I love stuff like that

because she knows as soon as they're together again it'll be written all over their faces- LOL FACT

This was so so so so good. I love these one shots.
I'm Widget chapter 6 . 9/25/2013
Oh, if only. I so wanted them to go ahead and jump each other back then. This is beautiful.
Lexij23 chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
This chapter was adorable. You write their love so well. Every story I feel like I'm right there with them feeling everything they feel and experiencing it right there with them and it is just amazing. You are an amazing writer.
Midnight Caller chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
Got to the end & want to read this chapter over again immediately. So, so good.
FCN chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
Wow I really loved this. If only...
Guest chapter 6 . 9/20/2013
I loved it!
SparkleMouse chapter 6 . 9/20/2013
It's really hard to highlight things on iOS 7. Be easier, update. I copy down a lot of fanfic.

I love the dialogue in the beginning between the boys. It sounds so much like them that I can completely picture it and that makes me happy.

"Well you see, on the one hand Esposito has those big, strong arms. Not to mention he's got that whole sexy, Latino vibe thing going for him. But then on the other hand, Ryan's got the blue eyes and sweater vests...gives him sort of an innocent, good cop look. Women love the sweater vests." He emphasizes the last statement and gives her a knowing look. - I know you don't love writing dialogue but this is SO good to me. Like this totally would be his argument. And it's true. We do love sweater vests (mainly because it reminds me of Chandler.)

"What?! No!" He scoffs and turns back toward her. "I have my own, thank you very much. Besides, if I were included in this debate, clearly they'd have no chance."

She barks out a laugh. "Too bad you don't get points for modesty." -!$:,!$:.!$3.8!3.3!. (Keysmash. With weird symbols.) But yes yes I can totally hear her voice in my head saying this.

"That's Castle." Ryan shakes his head, - LMAO. This cracks me up mainly because I can just hear Ryan being so proud and in love with his idol Castle. Womp womp, that's our Castle.

As the night progresses, she can't help but feel inordinately grateful for this weekend away. As much as she hates to admit it, she needed this. All of them did. There's been a lingering seriousness since she's returned to duty. Between the effects of her shooting, the tense cases, and the loss of their captain, even Castle seems to be quieter these days, more cautious with his words. - It actually pains me that we won't get to see something like this. Even if it was at the loft. All of these couples,together, relaxing after a hard case. Laughing and drinking. The show has given us so much but I would really love this.

He always finds a way to make things better. Not just for her, but in the way he cares about them all, treats them like family. And tonight, away from work and the city, everything almost feels normal again.- Ughhhhh.

the way their bodies seem to angle toward one another and their eyes always linger just a moment too long when engaged in discussion. She's cognizant of every movement, every brief touch, - This makes me so EMOTIONAL.

It's funny, she's not sure what she expected to find here but it wasn't this. As sprawling and grand as Castle's Hamptons' home is, it's just that…a home. She can't deny there's a part of her that always assumed he used this place more for impressing women than anything else. But then again, that Castle is long gone, only a distant memory replaced by the man who brings her coffee every day, who has stood with her when there was no one else, the one who has saved her life in more ways that one. The man that loves her. - This actually hurts. I don't even know what it is, but seeing more of his life inside his home. And the story he tells about Alexis, about the time they spent there after Meredith, you've just portrayed such a clear picture of this life he had. A little sad but at the same time you wish you were Alexis. It gives me a lot of feelings.

And, oh my god, Kate, when she cried, I nearly lost it every time." - This. I just want to see him as a father to a young kid.

She's so swept up in the view that by the time she looks over at him to respond his entire demeanor has changed. He's almost hesitant; as though he's suddenly worried she'll change her mind now that they're outside, away from the safety of walls and closed doors and other people. Gone is the cocky and confident Castle she's known for years, his playfulness held securely in check now. And she hates that she's done this to him, that because of her they're always stuck tiptoeing around the edges of everything. - I love this paragraph a lot. It's so dead on for season 4.

He leads her beside the pool, underneath the terraces, and out another gate until they reach a small cluster of trees. He gestures toward them and as they approach she realizes they hide the frame of another terrace, this one wide open to the sky, where two hammock chairs hang suspended underneath one of the wooden planks. - NOOOOOOOO. This sounds so amazing and perfect.

It's breathtaking in a way that the city can't provide. Here, there is a sky full of stars she can actually see. There's the sound of the waves crashing, the smell of fall and salt air and fireplaces burning. There's a chill in the breeze off the ocean and the feel of sand underneath her feet. Here, there's an openness, a freedom; the possibilities laid out before her as infinite as the blue that stretches beyond the horizon. - I love this description. I can just hear it and smell it and see it.

He laces their fingers and doesn't let go, slides his thumb along her skin, his touch a liquid fire in her veins. "You know you're welcome here anytime, Kate." - So. Many. Emotions.

"Beckett, what are you—"

She silences him with the gentle press of her finger against his mouth. She's standing in front of him now, still grasping one of his hands when she takes a deep breath and says softly, "Castle, I'm in love with you." - helpppppppppp. And I love their kiss, this perfect moment.

I really loved this so much.
AudreyJ1 chapter 6 . 9/20/2013
WOW! Loved it!
Abbey chapter 6 . 9/19/2013
This story is so great. I'm glad it isn't in chronological order, and that these one-shots really are separated. I looooved the sixth one a lot. It's nice going back to the days when they weren't officially a couple and writing it as if they are. Update soon. I can't get enough of this. Your writing is flawless. So good!