Reviews for The Billow Effect 2 - The return to school
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 1 . 2/12/2017
This universe is highly enjoyable. But might I suggest that, with both this universe and several of your other ones, you combine all the oneshot stories into a multi-chapter story? I'm finding it difficult to find the right progression of stories within each of your universes amongst the multitude of stories you've written.
Saint Snape chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
I hate those damn bullies!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
Ha! Snape really has everyone going on that billow effect. A good thing he didn't die on those stairs, though the Marauders certainly did their best. Oh, what brave Gryffindors!
Alethea27 chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
There's nothing more I enjoy than seeing Severus thwart the Moronic Marauders' bullying and unknown to them he has the help of a good portion of the elves something those puke-brains would never understand!
Raven's Dusk chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
*squeals* I don't know why, but I love Bell and Rung! They are cool... You should do more with them... :3

Anyway, back to the story. Ohmygod, it's even better than the prequel! I don't know which scene I liked best... xD
They are all so thick... At least the muggleborns could have thought of it...

Great work! ;)
Tlcatlady chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
The marauders really were bullies and certainly needed to have been punished for all the "pranks" that were truly dangerous to others...TLC
Su No Yo chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Hey again miss, sorry I've not been around to review 'Until' but I only just got back from a long interview stint, and what do I find but new stories?
Awesome.

Once again I find myself enjoying these little one-shots because they seem so in keeping with Severus' natural canon adaptability, and particularly your interpretation of Severus. After all, why *shouldn't* he pick and choose what he liked from both worlds in order to do whatever he wanted in either world? And for that matter, how he doesn't ignore house elves, and in turn gets to pull off a fashion statement. I also like that his quiet acknowledgement of the house elves' usefulness (and, you know, existence) gets him access to what I'm sure will be only the first among many house elf specific potions. And he's probably twenty years younger than the next person who knows the recipe too.

Honestly Severus, you're such a genius even house elves who only know you by reputation know it.

It'd be nice to see if the teachers were thinking the same thing about Severus' billowing robes. Maybe they too, cast a finite incantatem after several weeks passed out of curiosity? Or perhaps it simply became staffroom speculation after he joined?

Either way, it's lovely to see that Severus always keeps his word - "I'll stop the effect when someone figures out how it works" indeed. Seeing as the exact date is deliberately ambiguous I'll say it's third year, meaning that by 1998 (his canon death) that's a twenty-five year long fashion statement done entirely by basic Muggle practical effects.

I'm actually torn between wanting a Billow-fic where someone figures it out (thus disturbing the students when *they* take up the billow and Severus stops having billowing robes (imagine their disconcerted faces! Especially the teachers. 'what is this I don't even')) or having it remain a mystery until - after Severus becomes as famous as Harry Potter, people start wanting to imitate the billowing robes and it becomes a concern so great it makes the front page of the Prophet (because I can honestly see that rag of a tabloid speculating about something as banal as 'How Does He Do It? The Billow Mystery Continues'), he either takes pity on them and tells them OR just says "It's a Muggle thing".

Other things I liked:

that you went into detail about robe modifications done by people other than the Marauders, though I don't think I saw any Ravenclaw ones.

the subtlety with which you pointed out that these blatant uniform modifications are against the rules.

the completely *unsubtle* modification Avery has. Argh my eyes! Bet he got a detention very quickly the next day. That or he was smart enough the wear clothing underneath his robes during class.

that comment Avery made about the cauldron. It *is* true that Severus (especially your version) is ridiculously infatuated with Potions, but he's still smart enough to out-fox the entire student body by studying how curtains move in order to get the effect he wants. Simply, dear Mr. Avery: what Severus wants done, gets done no matter what.

how Severus' reflexes are shown as being so sharp in part because of the Marauders' treatment of him. Probably when he gets deep into his Death Eater/Death Eater spy days he has moments of black humour where he thinks 'And seven years of Marauder torment have proved worthwhile once again' as he dodges a debilitating curse, drops to the ground to avoid a Stunner and somersaults straight back into sprinting from his pursuers. And all the while half his brain was busy collating and assessing the information he'd just collected.

Seriously, Severus has got to be ridiculously fast, fit and flexible - and just all around fit to be able to handle everything he did. And rather underweight. Stress combined with minimal food growing up causing a shrunken stomach/simple ability to go without eating for a long time out of practice can do that for you.

Rambling now, shutting up.

Corrections (though they're hardly heart-rending):

/around the four idiots robes/ - around the four idiots' robes. That way it shows the robes belong to the idiots in question.

/something,eh?" Avery/ you need a space after the comma there.

Would it be gauche of me to correct your A/N and say it's 'heart-rending', not 'heart-rendering'? Probably. So you have my apologies in advance there.

Looking very much forward to finishing off 'Until', and I can't wait for your newest story to come up. Will it be more one-shots, a continuation of the Spinner's End-verse? A continuation of the Seaside-verse? The Sung-verse? Perhaps a new 'verse is being written as I speak?
Who knows! I'm just very much looking forward to all your new stuff.

à bientôt,
Su No Yo
KitElizaKing chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Wonderful addition to your cute tale. It was hilarious to read about everyone trying to figure out just what Severus had done to his robes when it was really nothing magical at all. LOL That was a lot of fun.
Phoenix1592 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
lol, Severus' robes made quite in the impression

it always pay-off to be kind to the house elves, now Severus has two of them on his side

the marauders sure wasn't happy that they weren't able to cramp Severus' style
bkerrmom1 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I LOVE this! Please MORE! I would love to see the Marauders get into trouble at least once... although that probably never happened in canon... I can still wish for it to happen.
YenGirl chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Thank you! This was a treat :)

The 2nd Hufflepuff's robe change would have given me a headache. Hey, one of them should have imitate a bumblebee pattern :)

I liked Lucius' robe change - subtle and understated. Avery's was... well, I'm assuming here that he wasn't wearing anything else under his robes *grins and averts her gaze as well* I did smile at his crack about Sev and cauldrons though.

Thank Merlin Sev found those that cutely named elf couple. I'm sure the fertility potion will work as effective as Sev's Muggle idea! A hundred points to him!

Woot! Just lookit those baffled faces! *crows* Although it is rather sad that Sev can't really enjoy his school years with those Marauders around, but hey, that helped him develop those fast reflexes! *grins*

Thanks for this, girl!