Reviews for Into The Light
Frank chapter 3 . 5/1/2014
Wait what? Snape didn't lvoe Harry Snape loathed him and only protected him because Dumbledore blackmailed Snape. Go back, read the books if you have because the movies don't tell half the story.
meldahlie chapter 5 . 2/25/2014
Aaah! I love your scenery in this piece! Personally, I'm not quite sure that Lily cared as little for James as one might infer here, but that's your decision, and it works well in context.
Overall, this is a good and very thorough character examination of Snape, from an unusual timeline, if eternity can be called time!
meldahlie chapter 4 . 2/25/2014
I never guessed Harry! But a very interesting and unusual PoV for these events. One hitch - there's a word missing in the third-but-last paragraph. I think you mean "the Dark Lord's red EYES", but his ocular organs are absent!
I hope your exams went okay, although I know best wishes are, in this instance, a bit late!
meldahlie chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
Error acknowledged re Hogwarts gobstones club - sorry!
This chapter has to be the best yet - the taunt, tense situation, the way Sev can't believe James has changed, the much wiser and older James, not to mention the touch of poignancy over James having to watch his son grow up alone. I really like it!
So, who's next? If it's the man I think it might be, oh er!
meldahlie chapter 2 . 2/25/2014
I do like your Dumbledore!
meldahlie chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
I had never thought of Snape's interactions with his mother, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only fanfic writer to continue character development in the "after." Kings Cross is such a useful place!
Minor point: wasn't Eileen Prince captain of the Gryffindor gobstones club, not Slytherin? I'd always thought that fitted with Snape's longstanding desire to be a Slyth, essentially 'Mother's a Gryffindor, Mother's no use, so I'll be the opposite.' An echo, in a way, of Tom Riddle's rejection of his mother, for being weak enough to die; just like the Half-Blood Prince/Lord Voldemort mirror JKR got Harry to spell out in HBP.
Good start, though! On to the next...!
yuuram2fangirl chapter 5 . 11/29/2013
J.K Rowling did say that if Snape hadn't gone towards Dark Arts then Lily might have ended up with him. But in a way it was and wasn't Lily's mistakes. She had given Snape a lot of chances. But if she had waited a bit more maybe he would have come back to her. But then we wouldn't have Harry.
yuuram2fangirl chapter 3 . 11/29/2013
James isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He was an arrogant teenager. Later he changed. There are some people we would always hate in our life no matter what. But he said thanks is a sign of how much he has grown up
yuuram2fangirl chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
I can imagine Snape's despair. Living in disguise his whole life. And I am happy that he would some to know what will happen to Harry. Imagine him dying without knowing Harry defeated Voldemort and believing that he had failed Lily.
yuuram2fangirl chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Soooo she was strong only in her magical abilities and not her will. Though I can understand why she didn't leave her husband. There are people who are very strong yet they still stay in abusive relationship.
Princess Moonheart chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
I love the story. And I love this chapter as well. It was most likely this chapter that brought me to this story. Everything else smoothed itself out after that. Albus should of hugged the guy though in my opinion. He wasn't completely innocent, letting Sirius go unpunished without at least talking to the poor thing.
Hermione Is My Role Model chapter 5 . 10/3/2013
Wonderful :-) tho I wasn't sure about the bit where James said "You loved him as if he were your own" - I don't think Severus loved Harry QUITE that much :-P he hated him because he was James's son but cared for him because he was also Lily's son :-) but the chapters were beautiful :-) could u maybe do another chapter, for example when Harry eventually dies of old age (everyone has to die at one point, right?!) and meets Severus in heaven? That would be very interesting :-)
Jaad chapter 5 . 8/29/2013
This is a great story!
HlNAGlkU chapter 5 . 7/20/2013
Beautiful...
Steely Charm chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
This is quite an uplifting story. As you know, it went right onto my favourites list, and that's because it is well written, flows nicely and gives the right amount of suspense between chapters.
I am glad the Severus got the opportunity to make his amends. Apologies had to be made, after all.
Severus seeing Voldemort's defeat was a good touch. He had to know that Harry was spreading the truth about Severus' double life.
Severus got his happy ending in the end, as he deserved.