Reviews for Into The Light
Oriondruid chapter 4 . 5/31/2013
That was so good!
That Severus was there to see himself publicly vindicated by Harry and to witness Riddles ultimate defeat was a brilliant idea, and it was fitting that such a hero should see the victory all his sacrifices were so instrumental in creating. Thank you so much for this brilliant story.
I'm so happy for you that your own 'burden' of exams has been lifted as well and I'm certain that you must have done well, with an eye for detail such as you demonstrate in your stories how could it be otherwise? :o)
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 5/30/2013
. He didn't believe all that rubbish about him changing and deflating his head; it had only been a show for Lily, and while Potter had never hexed him again after that and left him in peace, he still wouldn't trust him.

-No, James *didn't* stop hexing him. According to Sirius Black, he kept it up all through seventh year and just lied to Lily, who apparently didn't mind. And of course Lily is always going to be with James through eternity, so obviously she doesn't give a damn that James lied either.

And Snape is giving in way too easily, while of course James is in heaven without having to ask forgiveness from anybody. After all, he's a Gryffindor, which makes him morally superior (just like dear Albus). Gryffindors don't need to ask forgiveness for anything they do, because Rowling made it clear that anything a Gryffindor does it right, even if they almost kill someone.

It's only Slimy Slytherins that have to be purified, I guess. After all, only Snape's mother had to ask forgiveness; everyone else had to have Snape kowtow to them.

At least James *goes away* and Snape doesn't have to spend eternity being a second-class Marauder, as I have seen.

I hope Snape doesn't have to crawl too much to Lily-she treated him horribly, but I'm sure he'll have to be the one to apologize, again and again and again, as he did in life to no good effect.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
"My dear Severus, don't you remember what I've taught you all these years? You always have a choice, no matter how dire the situation.

-Yeah, we noticed. Not. Dumbledore should be asking *his* forgiveness, not the other way around. But of course, he's really brainwashed Snape here. After all, it was Dumbledore who kept the Cloak that might have saved Lily, but made sure Snape bore all the guilt for. It was Albus who let the Marauders use Snape for their chewtoy. And it was the Headmaster who set things up so *he* would have a painless death, and made sure Snape would die or be Kissed if the Order won. Gee, thanks a LOT.

But as ever, Snape is sure that he is the one who is always in the wrong. Nice work there, people.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
In the character list for this story, it doesn't say Severus, it says James and Lily, which threw me off at first.

And I am glad that people are asking him for forgiveness. Sometimes these 'afterlife' stories try to say that Snape would have had a better life if he'd loved his abusers more, which I think sends the wrong message, myself.

"He vaguely recalled curling up to cry in his solitude, thinking that no one cared for him, and that no one ever would."

-Unfortunately, this turned out to be true. He does forgive her awfully fast, But then, he never had a real relationship with her. And as it turns out, as soon as he forgives her, she leaves. After all, she's not there for him-she's there for herself. I do hope this doesn't turn out to be a pattern.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/14/2013
Good luck in your exams! Great story, who will he meet next. Make it Voldemort, he must have died by that point.
jilyspottering chapter 3 . 5/14/2013
You worked the balance perfectly; Sev didn't run into James's arms and neither did he just ignore him completely.
jilyspottering chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
I see the pattern ... one by one, burdens that have troubled him since ages are lifted from his shoulders and unsaid things are being uttered.
xX-Blue. Nymph-Xx chapter 3 . 5/13/2013
Very Interesting, I wonder who would come! There's Lily, Harry, Voldemort, Lucius (although he is alive), Bellatrix? and so many more on either side.
Great job!
jilyspottering chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
People often hate Eileen Pince but I think there is an explanation for her behavior (or lack thereof). You write them both so well.
randomteenagefangirl chapter 3 . 5/6/2013
James didn't sound like his old self. Great job though!
randomteenagefangirl chapter 2 . 5/6/2013
Great chapter again.
randomteenagefangirl chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Oh my gosh, this was so heartfelt.
To the TARDIS chapter 3 . 5/1/2013
:'D that's awesome
Oriondruid chapter 3 . 5/1/2013
Those two will never be friends, but what they both did was brave and long overdue. For James to thank Severus for protecting his son was a big thing to ask of him, and likewise for Severus to accept the thanks of a man who effectively remains his enemy and certainly is his love rival is also a very big step towards at least being able to be civil to each other. This is a great story, well written as ever and I look forward to reading more when you are less 'snowed under' with exam work and able to post more. Meanwhile much success to you and try not to let all the work stress you too much.
Many Blessings.