Reviews for Seeing in the Dark
Guest chapter 20 . 9/6/2023
I really loved this story so much that I couldn’t stop myself from binge-reading it in one go. Your writing style, your way with words, the plot — just everything about this story — is, to put it simply, amazing. I really liked how you portrayed the both of them, how they slowly but steadily fell in love with each other. (And don’t even get me started on how soft Sebastian was?!) I couldn’t help but tear up throughout the entire story — it truly had my feelings all over the place (in a good way). It’s one of those stories, which you’ll reread over and over again because it’s THAT good and never get tired of it. It’s truly become one of my most favorite stories I’ve read.

It’s been a decade since this story was written and I don’t know if you’re still checking the reviews, but I hope you’re doing well! Thank you for writing and posting this amazing piece of work.
Ed-Wood chapter 20 . 7/5/2021
This story was freaking epic! I literally just spent the last 11 hours reading it from start to finish. Just wow... You have the most beautiful style with your words, so eloquent and rich visuals. I just adored this story and want to thank you for this amazing piece of writing. It was truely a pleasure to read.
chiealeman chapter 20 . 3/13/2019
Really enjoyed this story. Was ripped off to it by someone on AO3.

My only complaints are the temporal shifts (while I think they helped with tension) were confusing. I think giving some indication (like “12 hours earlieror something would have helped. My second is I was really disappointed the story totally skipped over Sebastian meeting Ciel’s family during the holidays and the first time they said “I love you.”

But other than that I will definitely find myself Re-reading again in the future. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
Me chapter 1 . 1/7/2019
Cue the instant love
Stardark chapter 20 . 12/24/2018
Thank you for writing this beautiful work of art. I can safely say this is one of the few works that have brought me to tears. The way that you talk about Sebastian's blindness is deeply relatable to me, since I live with a lifelong invisible disability. It is an amazingly realistic depiction of the struggles disabled people go through in an ableist society, and I praise you for being able to capture that so successfully.

The chapters where Sebastian was severely injured for being gay struck a deep chord in me, for I have never received discrimination for my sexual preferences, being heterosexual. I have always been an advocate for gay rights and forming a more inclusive society, but I thank you for opening my eyes further to the abuses that people that do not conform to society's norms go through. It was heartbreaking to read, but it was so important for you to put the message across. Thank you for lending a voice to our cause.

Finally, I love how you describe music and what it means to Ciel and Sebastian. Being one who plays the double bass/string bass (essentially cello with a lower pitch) and the piano, your descriptions resonated deep within me. I have been gifted with pitch-perfect hearing, so I understand how it feels to have a deeper connection to music that not many people understand- I can easily transcribe the notes of a song to be played and thus songs sing to me notes in a way people without this gift do not understand. I was fascinated by Sebastian's gift of reveberation, for my gift is a far, far more toned down version of it. I really loved how he composed a piece based on thunderstorms.

I could go on further praising this masterpiece, but I would like to thank you again for writing this. Thank you for sharing youe beautiful gift of writing to the world. May your future shine bright.
koalaboo92 chapter 12 . 12/15/2018
I'm confused now. what was the last chapter all about? and no mention of it the next one? author, explain
koalaboo92 chapter 9 . 12/14/2018
I'll be honest, I didn't like how it jumped from them from going on their first date last chapter to they are kissing. come on, I was really expecting the first time they kissed on this chapter. all in all, don't rush things. readers hatw that
NaruHa chapter 20 . 6/21/2018
Great story. Thank you for sharing.
Wolf'sVine chapter 20 . 5/7/2018
This was a truly glorious fic! How wise and patient and understanding Sebastian is and how passionate and determined and smitten Ciel is! Seriously, they are truly, strikingly gorgeous together and I'm feeling almost buoyant reading this fic! It's something special.
Jae chapter 20 . 4/25/2018
Beautiful.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/4/2017
Great story! Wonderful plot development. So much humor. I screamed. I cried. I cursed you out at some points... sorry. The best part, VERY realistic as far as characterization. I read this in one day.
SerpensPrincess chapter 20 . 3/18/2017
Absolutely love this fic.
ohshunkitsjenn chapter 19 . 2/22/2017
Whew... This second to last chapter, mannnnnn! Had me sweatin' up a storm! Kudos to you for successfully giving me a mini-heart attack when I thought something awful had happened to Sebastian AGAIN. Bless his heart.
AbsoluteReader1995 chapter 20 . 9/29/2016
This was one of the most touching stories I have read, fanfiction or not. This was the first story to actually make me cry and I've read character deaths before and never cried this much. This story constantly pulled me in with all the frustration and constant changes of the emotions of the characters. Ciel was so easy to relate to when he first met Sebastian and how he dealt with becoming friends with someone who is blind. I know from experience that it can be hard at first to be around someone with a disability and this story really captured that. I loved this story, I will never forget about all the life lessons that you brought to life in this story, and I look forward to much more stories to come from you.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/4/2016
How much you wanna bet a lot of his future pieces are based of Ciel's moans? Lol I really liked this story.