Reviews for Love Will Always Win
JamesLuver chapter 13 . 3/31/2015
A big Bates family is all I've ever wanted for these two, so I'm so happy that they got that here. Both Drew and Nora were adorable, and I loved how Drew helped his little sister get ready for bed. And of course another addition to the family is always the best news! Really enjoyed this story. :)
JamesLuver chapter 12 . 3/29/2015
Anna's hormones wreaking havoc at the beginning was so funny. Bless John. And I wasn't expecting John to have to deliver the baby himself! But he did a great job with it. And a son, aww! So glad they've got their happiness. :)
JamesLuver chapter 11 . 3/29/2015
Beautiful homecoming chapter! I agree with John, I can't imagine that first time being anything other than hurried and passionate! I'm sure he made up for it later, though, and I loved the discussion about transforming the baby's room.
JamesLuver chapter 10 . 3/29/2015
Yay for Anna getting her memory back! I liked that it was twined inexplicably with John. John's fear that he would wake up and she wouldn't remember again was heartbreaking, but I loved the way she reassured him and the final image of them falling asleep together.
JamesLuver chapter 9 . 3/29/2015
I really liked the way that Anna handled the situation, and her words about her memories being gone didn't mean that she no longer had the ability to think for herself were so important, and brilliantly put. But oh no, the ending! I hope John and Anna are both all right!
JamesLuver chapter 8 . 3/29/2015
A bittersweet chapter. I enjoyed the memory of John confessing his love to Anna and worrying that he had waited too long to say the words. And I wasn't expecting the almost-kiss! Poor John, now beating himself up about what he's done. I doubt Anna would blame him, but he is his own worst enemy. That final paragraph was heartbreaking.
JamesLuver chapter 7 . 3/29/2015
I'm glad that Anna still took the news of John's past in stride even though she doesn't know him as well as she did when she found out the first time. And I'm looking forward to hearing about the night John confessed his love!
JamesLuver chapter 6 . 3/28/2015
It was nice to see John's perspective on these moments from canon, and how Anna is still so comfortable with him. I'm looking forward to the discussion of John's initial confession of love. Ending with the kiss on the cheek was very sweet indeed.
JamesLuver chapter 5 . 3/28/2015
Such a heartbreaking chapter, with so many poignant lines. My favourites were, "To her, it would be a blank canvas. To him it was his whole life", "She willed herself to remember something - anything, a laughed shared, or a kiss exchanged. Instead all she saw was an empty room", and "It was like looking at two strangers". I hope that when they talk a little more about their life together it can start to trigger some memories - I was hopeful when she remembered running into his arms for a brief moment.
JamesLuver chapter 4 . 11/6/2014
Oh, this is heartbreaking. Anna's myriad of emotions was right on, and I felt so sorry for the both of them. There's also the interesting question of how different life is at Downton since she can last remember - World War One has happened, William is dead, Sybil is dead, Mary has an heir and is widowed, a man she's never met was a chauffeur and is now a part of the family, etc etc. There's a lot for Anna to wrap her head around, and it's going to be very overwhelming for her. Of course, I know John is going to be there for her every step of the way.
JamesLuver chapter 3 . 11/6/2014
Nice to see Robert being so supportive. I liked how he was worried about John's state of mind when he came out of the morgue, and how he was afraid that if Anna wasn't there it would just tip him over the edge. So glad it was indeed her, even if she can't remember her life with John. :( The baby makes for an interesting twist, and at least she hasn't forgotten John completely.
JamesLuver chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
Dang, the emotions were right on here, I cried all the way through. You portrayed John's grief so powerfully, and there were lots of things that were poignant here, like John knowing that Anna's memory deserved better than for him to turn to drink, that scene with Mrs. Hughes, how Anna would never know how her book ended, and John telling the orderly that she wasn't just a body. I'm looking forward to reading where this goes from here.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
I was lulled into a false sense of security with the beautiful happiness at the beginning. What a way to end the chapter. You captured John's deepening sense of dread really well. I'm crying here, even though I cheated and skipped ahead to make sure that things would be okay. Great opening!
CJbean chapter 13 . 1/22/2014
This was a quick, cute read. With all the angsty fanfictions I usually read, I was in serious need of some fluff. So thank you for that. I loved picky Anna in chapter 12. "It looked lighter in the can..." XD
Amy chapter 13 . 5/18/2013
I loved it!i liked how John went back and forth between present and past. Can't wait to read more.