Reviews for Outgrowing the Life
marco2o chapter 6 . 2/26
the story so far that I have read is freaking awesome. please update as soon as possible and keep up the amazing work. please!
Vosky chapter 6 . 12/23/2014
This is an amazing story! Mindblowing suspense and great characters. Please update, I need more...
Midnight Nightmere chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
Ok this is an amazing story and I really can't wait to see what happens from here. And I couldn't help notice that this story hasn't been updated in like 6 months and I'm really anxious about the next chapter.
I hope it's updated soon because all this waiting is killin' me
:')
seriousarmour chapter 6 . 12/17/2014
Really loved this story. Really well written and i love how the characters are portrayed. Please update i would love to see where it goes from here
corvus12 chapter 6 . 9/29/2014
Wow, really compelling story! I hope you are planning on continuing to update despite the lack of chapters lately, I really want to see where this story goes!
Cebot133 chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
Ahh awesome story. Update?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
PLEASE UPDATE! This story is the reason I read dave/mindy fanfiction!:)
Guest chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Lovin it. More please :)
MistressCorndog chapter 6 . 6/26/2014
I really like where this is going! I am a big fan of Hit Girl and Kick-Ass together and I am bummed there aren't many ficsfor them out there. I ccan't wait for the next chapter!
Bookwarnedbookworm chapter 6 . 6/24/2014
Awesome. Can't wait for the next chapter. God, I hope nothing else goes wrong.
Makokam chapter 6 . 6/24/2014
Wow.
Way to make me feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Seriously though, when I read that she'd been out for days i was like, "uuuhhmmmmmm..." but then you said it was some new super drug and I was like, "oh, okay then."

And if those were his injuries, I'm honestly surprised he was concious for as long as he was. You'd think he would have gone into shock after the broken leg.
And on that subject... I didn't realize Mindy was actually a sadist. I mean, I can easily imagine her getting the warm and fuzzies from hearing that Dave beat the living hell out of someone to protect her, maybe even get turned on, but to get more aroused by the descriptions of the injuries? Wow.

I also think Mindy may have laid it on a little thick. I think that level of detail could come back to bite her in the ass. I mean, it started out close enough to the truth, but then it got kinda... overdramatic. Yeah, I know, she doesn't remember what happened. Thatks fine. I get what she was doing. I'd just thing shekd know better than to go into that much detail.

I did love the whole bit about the problems with letting him go and not letting him go. And how events were conspiring to fuck things up for them royally if they did anything but appear contrite, innocent, and vulnerable. In other words, exactly the opposite of the way they are.

All said and done though, excellent chapter. The initial confusion and panic was well done, though I think the writing made her seem more lucid than she should have been. I loved her outrage at the situation and inability to grasp the seriousness or delicateness of their situation until Marcus had to spell it out for her at the end.

Hereks hoping we donkt have to wait as long for the next chapter.

Makokam out.
TorontoBatFan chapter 6 . 6/23/2014
Cool chapter.

I love how Mindy was able to so expertly manipulate Darcy. And just as nice was how Marcus knew what she was doing. (I'd have thought Marcus would've warned Darcy beforehand or she would've been aware what Mindy can do.)

I found Mindy's reaction to learning what happened at the party to be right on. Her sexual innocence really is the only thing her unorthodox upbringing didn't take from her. And when she thought she'd fallen prey so easily -as she's certainly more alert than most other girls her age would be- is certainly enough to make her vomit.

And that's definitely in character for Mindy to be turned on after hearing what Dave did to those guys. (I've alluded to the same in my stories.) She certainly taught him well.

Glad that Mindy realized she'd been acting foolishly before.

Um, I don't think any cops wear their first names on their nameplates. It's usually just a surname and possibly an initial.

Heh. Mindy had Walt eating out of the palm of her hand. LOL

Shame Dave has to spend an extra night in jail, but hopefully everything being dropped won't adversely affect his law school application.

LOL. The idea of Dave being put in protective custody for the safety of the other prisoners made me think of the opening scene from "Batman Begins", where Bruce is put in there for the safety of the other prisoners. It also makes me think of Rorsach from "Watchmen" when he growls "I'm not locked in here with you! YOU'RE locked in with ME!" Has Dave had to face down any midget crime bosses?

And Dave would DEFINITELY want and need a shower and fresh clothes. If there's no time to swing him by Marcus' or his dad's place before the party, maybe Marcus could bring a change of clothes with him and let Dave use the shower in the police locker room.

OK. You just HAVE to do this...The line about "Gossip Girl" has put an indelible image in my head. Mindy should discover that Marcus has secretly bought DVD box sets of "Gossip Girl" and watches them when Mindy's on patrol. LOL

Can't wait for the next chapter.
GTRLVR chapter 6 . 6/23/2014
I have been looking forward to this chapter since I discovered this story last week. I'm certainly not disappointed. I loved that Mindy found out what happened to her and what Dave did. Please update soon! :-)
Queensleyy chapter 6 . 6/23/2014
Well that escalated quickly o_o

Great chapter can't wait for the next :)
TorontoBatFan chapter 5 . 6/10/2014
Sorry I haven't reviewed earlier. I'm so glad you updated.

I love the way Dave obliterated Ryan.

I so hope that the next chapter isn't too far off. I can't wait to see Mindy's reaction to what Dave did -if she remembers anything of it. Hopefully she'll realize how much she means to Dave. On the other hand, I can see her flipping out at herself for allowing herself to be victimized like that.

Incidentally, how much will she be told? As Dave apparently stopped Ryan just in time and Dave said not to tell her anything if she doesn't remember, will Mindy keep thinking that Dave isn't interested? That's frustrating, but I can see how it keeps the tension going.

As for Dave being taken in, I can see them bringing him in for a more detailed statement to be taken. However, wouldn't detectives -who'd likely take over- have the authority to just release him from the station without even being booked? After all, there are several witnesses who all testified that Dave was stopping a rape and defending himself. The detectives would just look over the statements, realize there's no case and release him after questioning?

BTW, aside from Marty, just who in their circle of friends knows what Dave and Mindy do?
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »