Reviews for Another Day to Break
Pantherbabe4ever chapter 4 . 2/22/2014
I hope there is more to come my poor Daryl his life has been a battle since the day he was born...
TheRealSonia chapter 2 . 12/28/2013
Wow! That was intense! Very well written story.
Rikki Writinglover chapter 4 . 8/20/2013
Loved it but you left it way to unresolved!
Rodgerse chapter 4 . 7/11/2013
You have captured the problem between Glenn and Daryl perfectly. I wonder if TWD will show anything like this. Again I enjoy how you don't tell us what happens but give us just enough clues to work it out for ourselves. I do have to admit I was completely floored by your ending. Michonne talking to Andrea was priceless. It brought up Rick seeing Lori and Michonne confessing to Rick that she spoke with her dead boyfriend. Sheer genius on your part. Only one minor suggestion your stories sometimes use the wrong word tense just a minor glitch. Love your work.
HGRHfan35 chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
Aha. Michonne sees. . .things ;)
Grieving process is a tough b*tch
Peachuzoid chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
Okay, so I'm not a Caryl shipper so I didn't know what to expect. But it's you. And I love your character depictions. So... I gave it a shot. There are only a handful of writers on this site that have that ability over me. ;)
Anyway... I can honestly say that I teared up over this because of the pain Daryl's feeling and Michonne trying to reach out to him. His thinking that he's at the bottom of the list and that he doesn't really have anyone anymore is heartbreaking. And the fact that Michonne can sit there with what appears to be ease and talk to Andrea... All Daryl sees is the last image of his brother having been turned and that would have to be one of the most painful ways to remember someone you love.
Just "ouch". That's all I can say. Brilliant, but ouch. :/
Lilone1776 chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
Oh gracious. I didn't see that last line coming and it took my breath away and I want to go curl up and cry over Merle again. What a help it would be for Daryl to see Merle and erase that awful walker!Merle image from his last memory of his brother.
I think you are spot on on that sense of being at the bottom of the list. How depressing for him to have that realization and deal with personal loss at the same time.
Nice chapter. :)
Ravenesque2 chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
OOh, that's an interesting twist to bring Merle back! I'm a bit sad, though, that he doesn't see that carol would always save him first :(
reedus fan chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
Whoa...didn't see that ending coming. But I really liked it, totally cool and interesting. This was a great chapter, your writing of these characters is so exact. Really amazing writing.
alibabwa chapter 3 . 4/24/2013
I like how this is being handled. It's not an easy fix with a bandaid of an apology. And while Maggie and Carol both are trying to help mend things, ithey realize it realky has to come from Daryl and Glenn. And I'm curious what Glenn said that set Daryl off, but I can imagine. Glenn isn't sorry about Merle's death, just that it hurts Daryl. That won't change. And Daryl isn't in the most receptive place, so he can't really see this difference. It's interesting to read, looking forward to more
zenofbeingmommy chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
I loved the line "He sent you down to finish me off?" - that made me smile

you have me curious as to what went down - I'll be keeping an eye out for the next chapter
Lilone1776 chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
I think this could be resolved faster without any mediating by Carol. Daryl needs to deal with not only his loss, but the others, on his own time table. No amount of coddling is going to speed it up. It may be hard for Carol to see Daryl suffer, but she is hindering his true healing.
mrskaz453 chapter 3 . 4/20/2013
You know, I really wish Carol would stop being such a damn mother hen... I get that she & Daryl are friends, but at times she does overstep... I get that she feels bad for Daryl, but I don't think for one second she feels bad about Merle... None of them do...

I get that Merle did things to Glen, Maggie, but he was still Daryl's brother and he gave his life helping Daryl & the group...

I think that Daryl needs to deal with his loss without Mommy Carol being so damn pushy... I hope that Glen realizes just because he hated Merle, he was still Daryl's brother and Daryl deserved more from the group then he's ever gotten...

I can't wait to find out what the fight was about... Maybe Tyrese could fill Carol in... that would keep her out of Daryl's business...LOL
Emerald Kitten chapter 3 . 4/20/2013
Interesting chapter. Good call not to include all the fight details here yet. The chapter still made sense without a blow-by-blow (no pun intended) description of what led up to the fight. Saying that, I'm looking forward to the next chapter to see how it all went down.
Lilone1776 chapter 2 . 4/14/2013
Perfect. Glad to see Daryl say what he must have been feeling about Glenn. I'm not a Glenn hater but he played a role in his tangle with Merle & the governor. If he just drove Merle to the prison (him & Maggie could have easily escorted him civilly), then a lot could have been avoided. Instead, they refused, Merle acted like Merle and the rest is history. Fallout is a bitch. Too bad Daryl lost his bro in the process. :( And it may have cost Glenn a friend.