Reviews for Three Words
Brooklyn Byrne chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This does make sense, I like how you portrayed Narcissa.
Hpdwlotr24 chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Agh! So intense!
dracosfairmaiden chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Great job!

This is how I've always seen Narcissa. I think that while she did love her family, she had no love for Voldemort. And soon she chose the right thing I think. I'm a big fan of the Black sisters so this was a great read.
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
I think your paragraph breaks are placed a little oddly at the beginning. I like how you've split things up from "It had been building" onwards, but I feel like you're over/underemphasising certain parts at the beginning there. The first line, "three words" is emphasised whether you have a break after it or not since it's not a full sentence. Putting a break after it seems to over-emphasise it, and underemphasise the next line, which is where I'd personally have put the break.

I like Narcissa's reflections there; it shows her as a good mother as well as a sense of not everything being black and white. Rowling had a lot of space there and she did nothing with it. I like the image of the queen as well, and particularly how you related it back to the chess queen (though I'm not sure whether you meant to do that or not). Still, very nicely written. And that bit about dignity was priceless. Though there was more pride involved than dignity I think.

Hmm, I think "who has seen enough to know where his weaknesses lie" has given me an idea. Narcissa has a lot of potential as a character I think, and it's nice to see a more humane and balanced side to her. Nicely written...and sorry for the delay. One hour wound up taking five.
bonniebonbon chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Loved this! And congratulations on getting reviews from popular authors on :) In the movies, though, Narcissa only says, "Dead." She only really needed one word :)
Great job! ;)
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Amazing - I always loved Narcissa, and her lest choice in DH was always something I admired, the way she placed her son's safety above all else (as a true mother should do mind you), even betraying her allegiance when she knows it would mean her death if anyone discovered her lie.
This was really well written, and I love hos you captured Narcissa's character in this, both of a proud woman and a mother who'd do anything for her son.
I almost wish it was longer - almost, because it already is perfect.
Nice job :)
Phoenix Flare 68 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Aren't mothers the best? Its amazing how love can change a person so much. Narcissa really brings that point out. Good story!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
I really like this one shot. I've never really thought much about why Narcissa didn't tell Voldemort Harry was still alive, and I enjoy that you made me think about it with this story. I'll definetly be reading more of your stories.
hiddenhibernian chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
I really liked this line: 'This she did not mind so much'; it conveys so much, and I can really imagine Narcissa thinking it, coldly and dispassionately deciding that Lucius wasn't really necessary to her.

Overall, you manage to say an awful lot in very few words. It sounds a little stilted, which is great: just the way a furious Narcissa Malfoy might express her anger. Excellent work!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Brilliantly insightful. Keep writing
Invisiblegirl3 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Well, that was fast.
I like how you dip into the lives of the minor characters, even the not very likeable ones, and justify their actions and show that they too are humans, flawed and feeling as the rest of us. You did this earlier with Percy, in one of my favorite stories of yours.