Reviews for Foreshadowed
Iseki chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I love reading Caius like this. He's a character with boundless backstory to build upon and accompanying sentiment by the bucket load. What I love the most about this piece is that you built upon his patience, his willpower, and his humanity.

The human mind is a precious thing really. It's wonderful to be able to appreciate the awesome impact immortality would have upon it. Caius seems to be the perfect subject. Rather than his goal manifesting immediately, here we can see the emotion slow-cook. The countless years he must have spent carefully considering what it might mean to lose himself. Yeul’s repeated presence offering the only consolation and distraction from the forces at work inside of him. Where she is cast as the tragic figure and he the antagonist you’ve done such a stand-up job in providing the depth behind it all.

But Caius aside, I greatly enjoyed learning new little pieces of Yeul, and even more so- Etro. While I’ve learned the lore and asked myself questions I’ve never imagined her to be quite the hopeless deity that she clearly is. Through Caius you’ve put it to words so simple and direct that I can no longer see it any other way. For me it’s work like this that make the upcoming release of Lightning Returns that much more ominous- the writers have so much to answer for.
diellemabelle chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Wow, amazing as usual!
I love the imagery you use, especially the line:

"He hammers them down until they splinter, like tiny shards of glass twinkling in spade-turned loam, shredding errant hands that search for roots."

To me, Caius' actions in this story make him seem like a demon or devil, but his thoughts show just how human he is - questioning the purpose of his existence and his god.

Thanks for writing this! I hope you continue to write about FFXIII-2!