Reviews for Underneath the Shade
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 10 . 7/31
Hope to see more soon!
This is amazing (A-M-A-Z-I-N-G), by the way.
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 9 . 7/31
I almost cried!
So sweet!
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 6 . 7/28
'extremely temperamental'
Hahaha! Absolutely perfect!
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 5 . 7/28
I'm actually starting to think of this as canon rather than a fanfic.
Your writing style is impeccable!
Tohru and Natsuno are perfectly in character.
Thank you for writing this!
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 3 . 7/28
This is really good!
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 2 . 7/28
Yay! He found Tohru! I was actually worried for a bit.
Nice writing, by the way. It seems similar to how a real author would wright.
I like it! : )
VitameatavegaminGirl chapter 1 . 7/27
*sigh* I love Natsuno...
Thank you for reviving him!
Can't wait to see what happens!
White Wolf of Blizzards chapter 10 . 5/27
Haha! Are you going to continue this story? You described Natsuno really well, I don't think I even know how to write his personality...
friend2alex chapter 10 . 5/2
First off this story has been absolute joy to read. I'm really glad this is the first story I started to read on this site after I finished watching this anime. I do so hope this gets updated soon. Second, the words just flow amazingly well that often times I get envious. How you portray both Natsuno and Tohru is just to the T and makes me really joyous. Not only that but just how you bring the scenery to life as if the reader is literally there. Definitely this and you well go into my favorite Author and story list. I can't wait to see what you have in store for these two characters whom I have come to adore so much.
Lilia-Lavander chapter 8 . 4/30
Sorry, I mean 2013, I misclicked
Lilia-Lavander chapter 9 . 4/29
Umm... forget my earlier question. I thought that it last updated on December, 2012... how? I'm reading too much stories I guess... Sorry...

I like this story very much though. :)
Lilia-Lavander chapter 10 . 4/25
I really like this story. The characters are playing their given characteristics from both manga and anime. I also like the long chapters.

But, are you discontinuing it? Atleast you didn't left an intense cliffhanger like the one where Tatsumi suddenly appeared...

I don't really know but... are you going to continue?
KiyumiArashi chapter 10 . 3/27
I'm so excited about this story! :D I just read the whole thing and you write both of them so well! I'm so excited for the plot twists and the opportunity to see more characters! :D It does figure Tatsumi would survive too, and I'm completely thrilled at the way you portray him so far. This storyline is basically everything I could have wanted to see in a sequel! I hope you're able to come back to this story soon! :D
Ive just recently stumbled across your FF and Shiki itself. Just like you said sometime earlier, I too was incredibly unsatisfied with how it all just ended, with Toru and Natsunu probably dead and without having resolved anything.
Now I have to say that I reeaally like your story and the way you write things in general..
The characters all seem pretty IC (Tohru is even more scared and grieving but I guess he has all right in the world to be just that. ") and the way they handle their situation just -makes sense-, which is something I cant say about a lot of stories.
Unfortunately your last update was already about 6 months ago... Well.. Im usually not the type of person to threaten people with hoeing fields but just for the sake of this story I might consider it. ;)
About the americanization of a japanese town.. I dare say that people wouldnt care about it that much. For example I havent been to Japan myself yet and wouldnt even notice such subtle things. Oh well.. I hope that youre still alive and that I may see a new chapter here somewhere in the future.
Greetings, L.
Red With White Eyes chapter 10 . 12/19/2014
Zomg! This story is absolutely spectacular! The characters are completely IC and believable in their motivations and actions, and they actually develop over time (for once, unlike 90% of the fics on this site), especially Natsuno.

I only saw Shiki recently, and found it to be a refreshing horror series, albeit a heartbreaking one :(.
I immediately went off looking for fanfic, specifically fix fic, for it and stumbled across this story. Really glad I did! I'm very excited to see what will happen next :D!

Seeing that you last updated in July, I hope that life hasn't been two busy for you and you can update soon! (But don't sweat, RL and your well being are 1000X more important than the continuation of this fic- Its just that so many of the stories I used to follow seemed to have died out and I don't want that to happen to this fic!).

As for Japan research-I don't know enough to go into a huge amount of detail, But I can do some pointers (e.g. Most of the Population live in dense cities along the coast because of spacing issues, falling birth rate and rural population due to young people focusing on careers and large senior population, structural belief in honor and respect for elders, large suicide rate). You can also PM me and I'll do my best to help you with anything specific- My dad has gone to Japan for week long business trips and I can ask him about it.

I only have one question- Is this fic going to have any romance in it? or will it only have intense bromance? (This fic is so good that I will continue to follow and read it in whatever direction you choose to take it. I'm just curious about it).

Sorry to ramble, I just tend to very excited when I discover new fics, especially ones as amazing as this one!