Reviews for seasons of pain
Hannah chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
Hi!

I've read quit a few fanfictions about Sirius leaving his parents' house and have to say that yours is one of the most touching of them. I really think that Sirius and his brother cared deeply for one another or at least would have a more complicated relationship than brothers - a fact that many writers ignore, but you chose to work with.

Also the ending, oh my God... Heartbreaking!
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
oh.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Very touching. Keep writing
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
This is tragic...so much emotion. :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
So as I was telling you when you DocXed this to me to glance over, this is just perfection. This turned out a million times better than mine. And no, you cannot say that mine is just as fantastic as yours, because we both know that is wrong. You are so much better than me.

Firstly, I love the matching titles. Just saying. And yours works well.

I had to read this again to realize that it was in second pov. And when I realized that, I was extremely happy! It works well since mine is in second too. Then you used all prompts I told you that you should which makes me smile.

Now, I love how spring seems to be their best season, even in this one. It was the less painful season for them. And I really love his reasonings for not going to Regulus' room like usual. And how just seeing Regulus hurts him because his mother loves Regulus and not him even though they are a lot alike. It's so painful, but it's real and raw.

Summer. I really like how you did use the dialogue from mine, but you explained it from Sirius' pov. I tried to keep dialogue out of the fic, but it really didn't work for summer. [ You force yourself not to look back as you walk out the door.] - god, I love this line. Because if he looks back, he knows he'll never walk out if he does. And it has to hurt, but Sirius does have to look out for himself.

Autumn. I love that Sirius is relieved that Regulus isn't really hurt because of him leaving. But Sirius doesn't really know that he is hurting. But Sirius is right, in a way at least, Regulus is protected by his ability not to really draw attention to himself, to obey orders. And I really love that Sirius, even though he left, still cares about Regulus, still wants Regulus to be safe and happy.

Winter. Good grief, Laura. What the hell are you trying to do to me? Because this. This scene is just perfection at it's finest. I love how Sirius becomes cold and that's how he knows something's wrong, but he doesn't know what is. And I don't think that Regulus would ever tell him because Sirius left, and a small part of Regulus hates Sirius.

[Far away, in a house on Grimmauld Place, your brother screams.] - this nearly broke me. The reference to my fic, it's just is subtle. It's barely there and the readers don't really know what's going on unless they read my fic and that just makes the impact even larger, even better. It was a perfect way to end the fic, honestly.

Yeah, can you tell I love this? Because I do. I really, really do. /favs.
AlongTheBinding chapter 1 . 4/9/2013