Reviews for Still Life
Fenris Jin chapter 18 . 12/23/2015
Sweet ending.

I'm mostly happy that Severus has a feeling of letting memories of Lily go and a hope of a family for Harry and Severus. :)
Fenris Jin chapter 16 . 12/23/2015
Technically speaking, Severus is right, the stone is protected from Quirell, by use of the Mirror. Voldemort wouldn't have been able to get it in physical form without Harry's help. XD

I think Lily's trying to right her wrongs against her best friend Severus, after she severed her ties with him.. But really, she could have done so in her other lives by herself. If she had reconciled with Severus, he wouldn't have a hard time being 'Sev' again, an Uncle Sev to Harry even. XD

Jaded!Severus just needs time to get used to the idea, that's all. XD
Fenris Jin chapter 15 . 12/23/2015
This is a very sweet Harry and Severus moment.. And Lily too.

It makes me think that it's a bit of penance for Lily, the way she couldn't save Harry but Severus could, and yet couldn't because of what had happened in his relationship with Lily. With her choosing James and leaving his friendship, Severus has trouble being 'Sev' again for Harry.
Fenris Jin chapter 10 . 12/22/2015
This was a rather emotional Christmas for Harry. I'm happy for him though.

Incidentally, it reminded me that Lily was barely a footnote in Harry's life until Voldemort became more cut throat in his rivalry with him. James Potter was the famous parent. But in truth, Harry's notoriety actually came from Severus Snape and Lily Evans' sacrifices for him.
Fenris Jin chapter 8 . 12/22/2015
Severus really should tone down the sarcasm and the bigger words when dealing with firsties.. XD

The essay discussion was adorable.. XD
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
The last exchange left me a bit teary eyed. *sniffs*

This sounds like a good plot. I'm excited to see how thing turn up. :)
woodyt chapter 19 . 8/10/2015
Really loved this story & I am gonna get stuck into the sequel straight away. Thank for sharing x
enahma chapter 19 . 3/5/2015
You have to know: it is a very powerful, very intelligent story. I really, really like it, and I think you have to know, you are a very intelligent writer (and that's bigger than being simply talented).
I am happy there is a sequel, and I can read on, and I only encourage you: keep on writing, whatever you want to write. As someone who has worked for publishing companies for long, I tell you: you have the gift. Don't give up. Keep writing.
(And I'll keep reading.)
xSilentSakurax chapter 19 . 1/10/2015
This made me cry so much. In a good way.
Mu-Nition chapter 16 . 12/4/2014
Lily is downright vicious here. It sounds like she's nice and cares, but follow my logic here.

If she had wanted to save Severus, she'd have gone back to when they first met and started working from there. Instead, she let him sink into a situation like this because it is obvious her first priority is Harry and Severus is just a secondary goal... but that's what Severus was to Lily all the time, and that is why he could never forgive James. On one side, it's awesome that she cares enough for him to make him a second goal at all, but that's just rubbing in the fact that he was never anyone's top priority, that even to the person who cared most about him, he was in essence in fourth place, after the Potter family.

She's right to feel that way, but he should hate her for it. If she succeeds, then he will have to learn to care for himself, and if he does that, then Lily has been nothing but another person who used him until she didn't need him anymore. Even if she wants his happiness, it is secondary to his use. I'm not saying Severus Snape would figure this out - he does not think in those terms. But a part of him, the one that got angry and called her a mudblood, should be railing against its cage.
story2tell chapter 19 . 9/17/2014
that was the most riveting story I've read on this website. Wow. Your gift of capturing the true essence of the characters is astonishing and your plot was surprising and, at times, heart-wrenching. you really should try and write your own book!
Lw117149 chapter 18 . 8/27/2014
so sad but very well done I loe this story
Lunacom chapter 19 . 6/19/2014
I really appreciated your story and hope to read the sequel.
SecretSpells chapter 19 . 6/6/2014
Really good!
waddiwasiwitch chapter 19 . 6/2/2014
This story brought tears to my eyes. It was wonderfully written and felt truly in character.