Reviews for It's where my demons hide
love from elysium chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I knew that I would like this story before I even started it because of the title. Imagine Dragons fan, eh? That's my favourite song by them. I also thought it was funny that it's a song by imagine DRAGONS and a story about DRACO hehe :)

I've never read this couple before but you did such an amazing job on this story that you represented them well and made me like them together. Draco was well portrayed will is unfortunately rare in fics. So... fantastic job! :D

Elysium xo
APhoenixRising chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This is /so/ powerful! The argument between the two of them was very real and so realistic! There's something about this couple that I quite like and you did an excellent job with the both of them, Both are very in character. I loved the reference to the dragon and the tamer throughout, so brilliant what with Draco meaning dragon.

'now. you never'
either the 'y' needs to be capitalised or there's a typo with a period/comma.

I couldn't find anything else wrong!

Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Aw. I think reading all this CharlieDraco slash has started to convert me. *starts waving the ship flag*

This was great. I loved how you described Draco's post-war demons, with his armor and dead eyes. The metaphors were beautiful! And Charlie is exactly how I imagined him.

[How Charlie hated those words, how he hated the wall between he and Draco that they symbolized, how he hated that they were lie. He hated everything about them.]

This was one of my favorite lines. I loved this, because "I'm fine," is probably one of the worst things a person can say, ever.

[This Draco is locked up tight, he's changed his locks and I'm not the key anymore.]

This was such a perfect line! I just love the comparison, and omg I love this line so much. 3

This whole thing was perfect, so thank you! :)
colorful swirls chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This was amazing. Is it possible, that after being a faithful DracoAstoria shipper since I finished the books, you've converted to me to CharlieDraco with /one story/?

But seriously, it was wonderful. The metaphor or the dragon and his tamer was great - I think that sums up this pairing effectively. And the fight was perfect, and the ending was sweet, and it was all so very IC and well-written.

Amazing job, again! :)

colorful swirls
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Liza. Liza Liza Liza.

This is so PRETTY!

Sam's already been after me to ship this pairing, and I was already almost there and then this. This just makes me ship it, and I /never/ ship stuff the breaks HarryDraco.

This was perfection.

[I'm fine]

I loved that, because the similarities between Harry and Draco in that line, an the sheer guilt and hurt in that.

And Charlie's explosion was just perfect. Because the guilt that Draco has inside him had to come out some how and since it's Drack and Charlie, it had to be an argument.

Gorgeous &hearts
AccioWolfstar chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I want to write you a long review... But I just don't have words.
Because all I can say is this is beautiful and I love it.
dimitrisgirl18 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I don't ship it. I don't ship it. I don't ship it.

Okay, I ship it. Liza you're so gosh darn perfect-this is all your fault. Draco's transition from cold to emotionally broken to loving and warm and still a little broken but that's okay is just perfect. It's nice to see a different side of Draco than the canonically 'correct' one. He's just misunderstood, right? ;)

Charlie is great: you've got the protective and caring older brother thing down pat. And just yeah I love /"I prefer Charlie Weasley the dragon tamer, actually,"/ because CUTE.

You're brilliant, as usual.

articcat621 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
OH! That was a nice bit of angsty Charlie/Draco. I'm not a HUGE fan of this pairing, but you wrote them really well and I did enjoy it! Draco is a broken soul, and you really portrayed that perfectly.

The ending was completely sweet, and I'm glad the two of them were fine. They protect each other, it's really adorable!

I cried a couple times too to be honest. Why Liza? Why must all your stories make me cry? *Sniffles* It's because you're awesome at writing that sort of stuff, so well done!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
I beta'd this one too, so again, you know my immediate thoughts, but here, have some more contemplated thoughts :)

I just adore this fic, it's absolutely heartbreaking with how broken Draco is, but I love it. Draco's lack of self esteem and how terrible he feels after the war are perfect examples of how someone would actually feel. Too many fics portray them as being happy and fine, but it's fics like this that I love because they show what really happens. Charlie trying to get Draco to open up was incredibly realistic. There's only so much love and care and space a partner can give before they start to get frustrated and start to demand that their love open up to them because they want to help and I think that is /very/ Charlie-like. This was amazing Lizy, I love you!

Nay xx
shadowcaster01 chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
This competition has me reading more slash than I ever have since joining this site. I've never heard of this pairing before, and it was an interesting look into how such a relationship could have worked out. I can definitely see Draco attempting to hide his fears and insecurities from those close to him; he always seemed so cold in canon, even towards his parents. It was also an interesting pun on Draco's name and Charlie's occupation; I never thought about it like that before until I read that line.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Aww. I think I honestly ship Chaco now... This was great, Lizy. I loved how you used the song; Draco was so in character, his sort of cool demeanor, but at the same time, how he really needed to open up. That was perfect.

"he's changed his locks and I'm not the key anymore." That was possibly my favourite line in here. It was such a great way to describe it, and I really liked this entire fic. Wonderful writing. :)
Vulgara chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Even though this is my first time reading a Charlie/Draco pairing, it was really good and sweet. Although however , I think there are some mistakes here, in the first paragraph line 2, I think you forgot to add the word: what was going through "his" head
Also, getting all emotional like your my fucking therapist should be getting all emotional like you're my fucking therapist. But still, enjoyed reading it...
Anrheithwyr chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
This is a…different pairing. I don’t think I’ve read any Draco/Charlie before, but I think you did them justice. It was very well constructed, and I rather enjoyed it, even if the pairing is a bit out there. You portrayed a very legitimate reason for them to be there, which I appreciate.
Good job, as usual, and I will see you around.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
First off, I would like to apologize for the horrible lateness of this review. I had really meant to review it the other day, but things just kept coming up in RL that I had to tend to.

Secondly, it was one of the happiest moments of my life to help you aboard the SS Red Dragon. You know, I've tried to figure out Charlie and Draco fighting and arguing like this, but I could never write it like this. This was perfectly /them/. Draco was doing everything in his power to push Charlie away from him because he doesn't want Charlie to experience the bad things he has; while Charlie is fighting as hard as he can, unwilling to sugar-coat his hurt because he cares about Draco. It's so beautiful.

For your first time writing CharlieDraco, this is absolutely gorgeous. You really captured Draco's character here. Charlie was beautiful and I really adored how he knew something was wrong. And like every other person, Charlie reached his breaking point. It's heart breakingly perfect.

I really adored the paragraph where Charlie was naming the difference between "old" Draco and "new" Draco. It really did highlight the change in him that was caused by the war, which is awesome to see because that's in my headcanon. Though, admittedly, I have a hatred of the word "swagger" so it was odd to read that in one of the sentences.

What I love the most is that despite the hurtful things that Draco says to Charlie, Charlie never hesitates to throw things back in Draco's face. It's a trait that I do believe Charlie has - the ability to let things roll of his shoulders like that don't hurt him.

But protective!Draco is adorable. He works really well with Charlie, because Charlie can't stand to be protected, doesn't want to be protected when he knows there's something he can do to help. And then it's vulnerable!Draco, and my heart just kind of melted. What most writers forget is that Draco /is/ human; he does have emotions and feeling and does get hurt, but he just doesn't wear these things on his sleeve. But there is a fine line to toe with that - a balance that a writer must find because Draco can be vulnerable, but occasionally people write him way out of character. It's a fine line that I think you walked well. He broke just enough to let Charlie in but he didn't completely break.

The ending just made me happy. It was the perfect way to end it. It was sweet without being overly fluffy. And it's comforting!Charlie, and what could be better than that.

Now, I think my only criticism on this is that a few of your paragraphs were on the lengthy side, and I found myself getting lost in the middle of them for a few moments. However, I don't really see a way around that. So my criticism is a bit of a fail.

One of my favorite things about anything gifted to Laura is that it's, in turn, a gift for me because we love basically the same pairings. So I was super excited to learn that you were going to write her a CharlieDraco for finishing something she needed to do, because that meant it was also for me. I still stand by the fact that you did extremely well with these two. And I really hope that you do write more of them in the future! :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013